Revision of PaisaPay Timelines

Dear Members,

The online shopping world has changed significantly over the past few years with introduction of easy payment modes; Mobile based shopping and new technology. Members today are more internet savvy and their expectations from online shopping are also higher now.

Continuing our pursuit to improve member experience and making it as attractive as possible for end users, we are revising PaisaPay shipping and delivery timelines.

The changes shall be applicable after 30 days from today.

The current timelines were set in 2007 and it was necessary for us to modify them to meet the expectations of our users in today’s dynamic online shopping world. We believe the revised PaisaPay timelines will improve the overall member experience.

The revised PaisaPay timelines are as follows:

•Timelines for sellers to enter shipping details in PaisaPay is changed from 7 days to 5 days
–The revised shipping timelines will enable buyers to get their products faster. In turn, it will increase buyer satisfaction and hence sellers’ chances of receiving more business and more positive feedback from buyers.

•Timelines for delivering products to the buyer post entering shipping details is changed from 10 days to 7 days
–We observed that most products are generally delivered within 7 days of shipment, and these changes will allow sellers to receive their remittance faster.

We are revising relevant policies to bring the aforesaid changes and the same shall be applicable from September 27, 2011 and all payments from September 27, 2011 shall be as per the revised PaisaPay timelines as mentioned above.

Anil Shenoy, Manager Marketplace Health will be conducting an online workshop to answer any queries you have around these new changes on Monday, September 5, 2011 between 3 PM to 4 PM IST.

Please post your comments, feedback and queries on this thread.

Regards,
The eBay team
Message 1 of 104
latest reply
103 REPLIES 103

@eBay

If eBay really wants to “improve member experience” then here are some sincere suggestions to implement i.e.

1. Instead of giving sellers 5 days time for dispatch & 7 days for delivery, if eBay can provide 12 total days to sellers for dispatch + delivery then it would be helpful for everybody. If a seller ships the item early then, automatically he would get more days for delivery then allotted 7 days. Alternatively, the eBay can implement a rule that if a seller ships the item then, an item not received case can only be initiated after 7 days of dispatch or 12 days of order whichever later.

2. eBay is asking sellers to dispatch & deliver items in 12 days maximum while when it comes to dispatch & delivering of buyer’s gifts then following are eBay’s terms i.e.

“a. The gift will be dispatched within 45 days from the date of the eligible transaction.
b. You will receive your gift within 45 days of paying for your item. However, this could be subject to delays caused by third party vendors & courier companies.
c. eBay shall dispatch the gift through DTDC or Bluedart courier service, if the your eBay Website registered Pin code is not serviceable by DTDC or Bluedart, eBay will dispatch the gift via Speed Post, however eBay shall not responsible for the damage or theft of gift send through Speed Post service provider.”

Everyday, there are a lot of complaints in eBay forums only for non-receipt of gifts even after 3/6 months. This time can be reduced to 1-2 months maximum to win confidence of buyers.

Also, if eBay is not taking liability of parcels sent by them through speed post then the same privilege can also be given to sellers in such dispute cases.

3. eBay Guarantee claims are need to be scrutinized. These days the claims are being approved immediately when the buyer provides return dispatch details to the eBay without even waiting for the package to arrive at sellers end. The eBay in that case treat the Airway bill copy as POD while the material shows in transit on courier website and even the seller’s request over phone to hold the refund till item receipt also doesn’t matter.

Similarly, when the buyer files for item not received case then the seller has to submit the POD copy even when the item shows delivered on courier websites.

The policy needs to be same in both the cases.

4. DOW credits are supposed to receive in maximum 60 days but in our case we have not received one such credit since last 11 months even after numerous reminders.

If the promises made can not be met in time then at least informs the sellers about the timeframe to fulfill it.

5. The feedback removal system needs to be improved. The community court is not working as planned and executed initially. The only practical way for the sellers to get feedbacks removed is by having a positive follow-up from the buyers. Many times buyers agrees to remove the feedbacks over phone but delays in posting the follow-ups due to various reasons like busy schedule, technical problem in posting etc.

When eBay can arrange conference calls with buyers in cases of disputes raised by the buyers then similarly the same can also be done on seller’s request to close the feedback cases more rapidly.

These points are just for your considerations and please do not make a commitment to revert with a later call or feedbacks from your teams, if they are not supposed to come………..

:|
-------
Expect the best.

-------
Expect the best.
Message 41 of 104
latest reply

treasureofzeus
Community Member
Rightly said by everyone above this new policy will increase the refund requests & in remote locations it usually takes sometimes more than 7 days already i am having 5% orders as loss due to shipping time now it will increase upto 10% or more.
Even Ebay is not able to work out with their COD system AFL never comes to pickup the orders from my location i had faced situations with COD to be delivered after more than 10 days i had to mail to ARAMEX to get the products delivered so how come ebay assure 7 days delivery time

Yeah i know this wont affect ebay anyhow & they have always been buyer centric. The ebay community court is not working as it should work they are even taking the favour of buyers. Ebay thinks its only buyers who makes them run the business but they should not forget that it is all three that make them get the business i.e. buyer, seller & ebay themselves

We are not in USA/ UK where delivery schedules are systematized & couriers are working to the best of their abilities may be now we need an Shri ANNA HAZARE in one of ebay sellers to help us face the policies of ebay.
Message 42 of 104
latest reply

indiainfotech1
Community Member
Sir, I am happy ebay team keeps on changing its policies for betterment of marketplace.

But in past few transactions we have experienced some customers who understand the Ebay system misuse it.
Firstly, Its about Paisapay id 29487541270 buyer "vasu_dev91" the item was dispatched on time by DTDC docket no.M65417135 you can track it, it was delivered. But delivery was delayed for some days as in the transit POD was lost. After complaints to DTDC they delivered the item at buyer address and even after getting the item Buyer didnt accept he has received the item. He claimed for refund and I personally called Buyer as on 5th August item was delivered. He challenged me show the POD and take your money knowing the POD was lost in transit and when he singed in in DRS he forgot its also proof of delivery.

1. Sir, the buyer exploited the Paisapay system of refunds. and very strange that Paisapay team while doing refund didnt not see that deliver is showing "Delivered".
I asked Paisapay team to hold the refund but reply was its automatic.
Customer Care person said "Sir please deal with this matter outside ebay."
But in case of Gaurantee Claim your claim adjusters approve the claim saying "its showing out for deliver" so claim is approved.
Can you tell us what should we do now?

2.In Guarantee Claim last customer claim for my TV tuner Card's stating "..remote is not working and I want refund because I have changed my mind now" I refunded but when item was checked it was fully working. Its compeleltly irresponsible that just see "item is out for delivery" your claim adjusters approve it.

3. Many customers want items to be delivered instantly we ship item on Flat rate of courier which is normal/ regular courier. Give us option in shipping that we can charge for "quicker deliver service" and take more shipping charges.

4.Sir, nowdays Ebay has variety of sellers from Individuals to Companies, distribution companies who sell on ebay they provide "FREE SHIPPING" we as individual or small sellers cannot offer such facilities, companies have separate shipping funds. Our shipping is included in our profit. Please charge additionally on them.

5. I request you in case of "delivery timeline of items" do not change the timeline as in many parts of India we have holidays, closes, Bands, elections it effects delivery mostly of far-flung areas.
Message 43 of 104
latest reply

Dear Anil.

One more thing I like to inform you about feedback. Some of the buyers not know how to leave the feedback. So when we call to the buyer to tell them to share there feedback for our services. They are just going to feedback forum and then clicks on positive and then directly they press ENTER button without selecting DSR Ratings. The main important thing DSR Ratings they are not selecting which is hampering our DSR's. System is also accepting it instead of showing error about ratings. I think this implement has to be done. If buyers not know how to leave feedback and also sometimes they says we not have time to leave it. So is there is any solution for such cases?

Thanks
Vilas
Message 44 of 104
latest reply

snrama
Community Member
Dear eBay team,

I liked the revision of PaisaPay timelines, But some of the more points to be noted.

We deal in only branded products, some of them will be done only on against orders, i.e I have headphones valued from Rs.250 to Rs.80000/-.

If the customer places an high value order (above Rs.10000/-), it need to be sourced from the company if we or the distributor doesn't have stock in warehouse.

Saturday & Sunday are closed for many branded companies and thus take 4-5 working days.

You can make as 5 Working days rather than 7 or 5 days, then it will be a great help.

Please consider Sat & Sun as holidays or atleast Sunday.

Example if orders receive considering Sat & Sun as holidays:
Friday: 5 Working Days, Last Shipping Enter on Thursday
Saturday: 5 Working Days, Last Shipping Enter on Friday
Sunday: 5 Working Days, Last Shipping Enter on Friday
Monday: 5 Working Days, Last Shipping Enter on Friday
Tuesday: 5 Working Days, Last Shipping Enter on Monday
Wednesday: 5 Working Days, Last Shipping Enter on Tuesday
Thursday: 5 Working Days, Last Shipping Enter on Wednesday

The same criteria is been offered from other portals to me.

Similarly 7 days delivery time, exclude Sunday from it.

Increase 2-3 days (currently 5 days) if buyer initiates the refund, this will help us to get the POD from the courier company on right time.

Never the less, 95% of my orders gets dispatched and delivered in 2-4 working days. ---------------
With Regards,
Navaneeth (snrama) 😉
---------------
With Regards,
Navaneeth (snrama) 😉
Message 45 of 104
latest reply

gizmobhai
Community Member
Very Sad!!!

Have you catered for consecutive holidays or public holidays getting coupled with Sat, Sun.

if most sellers are shipping on time and courier cos taking lesser time, why the limitation.

Does Seller have any control over shipping time? then Y r u penalising the seller?

i have been growing my business rapidly, but such steps are like getting 4-5 negative feedbacks on one bad day..totally drains out all enthusiasm. 😞

As someone said rightly, most likely these will fall on deaf ears. One does not require MBA or a fat pay cheque to infer that ebay will eventually lose out on these changes. Sellers will have to put more restrictions to places. instead of promoting newer interior locations, ebay will end up alienating them.

Sad!! very very sad!!
Message 46 of 104
latest reply

krishnamobileacc
Community Member
hello

please increase delivery time from 10 days to 12 days , we got more than 7 days to deliver in following areas

1. agartala
2. kerala
3. gujrat small towns
4. rahasthan
5. imphal
6. meghalya

more than 40 % orders comes from these places , i dnt know how will we manage after 7 days delivery deadline
Message 47 of 104
latest reply

gautam.agrawal
Community Member
Dear Ebay,
I am not at all satisfied with the delivery timeline which is revised. The order which is received from remote areas and the states like Assam, Nagaland etc.takes minimum 8-10 working days to get delivered. The delivery time should get increased instead of decreasing it.
Message 48 of 104
latest reply

hathiwala
Community Member
Dear Sir,

You need to increase the delivery of product from 7 days to 10 days as I am sending the item from Speedpost which itself takes 5-7 days towards all destinations.

Secondly if the courier is towards east India than the speedpost takes more than 10 - 15 days to deliver the item. So the delivery of item has to be increased from 7 days to 10 days.

Your charges towards homefurnishing items are also crossing more than 11% including paisapay which is totally loss for us. I am also selling Apple Cider vinegar which also has more than 12% including paisapay charges. The total courier cost is quit expensive than what we charge. My overall all couriers are weight wise heavy and which always exceeds 200 rs per parcel + packing extra.

SO requesting you to also minimize the item commission to get our product market globally and competitive.

Pls have a view on it because we are very less customers who are dealing with premium products on Ebay Website.

Rgds,
Chaitanya Hathiwala
Kamakhya Decor.
Message 49 of 104
latest reply

indianwax
Community Member
DEAR SIR
DO NOT CHANGE TIME LINES TO ENTER SHIPPING FROM 7 DAY T0 5 DAYS
WE WANT MINIMUM 7 DAY FOR SHIPMENT
SOME TIME THERE IS HOLIDAYS FROM 2 TO 3 DAY ,