cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Importing from USA, India customs regulations

havenindia
Community Member
Hi,

I ordered two small shipments from USA, the 1st box of 30 items got through India customs within 10 days, but the 2nd box of 150 items seems to be there for almost a month.

Anyone know the rules on this stuff?

Do I need a licence for such a big amount of items?
The box value is less than $250.

any help would be great
Message 1 of 46
latest reply
45 REPLIES 45

Re: Importing from USA, India customs regulations

if officers of customs think that the thing is inapprpopriate or offencive according to indian laws they send show causenotice . dont worry talk to then and tell and tell real reason if item is offencive deny to take.call custom office mumbai
Message 41 of 46
latest reply

nadasa4
Community Member

I order i phone 4s from usa in ebay. com i order on 27-11-15 ,but now also the order not come what i should do i send him to send the shiipping details but he not yet send me please do any thing to me .my dad is angry with me he only give money to buy i iphone.

Message 42 of 46
latest reply

ggv9717
Community Member

Hi All,

Thank you for the contribution to this post.  I want to import an used instrument from USA, listed on ebay which is in working condition, and an outdated model, the list price on ebay is 180 USD and the shippment cost is 425 USD. Am intended to use it for the R&D lab, I cannot afford an new model of the instrument. What are the documents I am supposed to get from the seller and shipper and submit it to India customs, at Bangalore International airport for the clearance of the cargo.

thanks,

Message 43 of 46
latest reply

your best bet is get local delivery in to agents like PPO Box (http://www.ppobox.com/web/shipping_electronics )

they will handle. you will get slaughtered otherwise

Message 44 of 46
latest reply

open act in PPO box. ask ebay usa seller to free deliver to their usa address (your po box very important)

$425 freight look too high (ask seller to give packing measurements in cm)

PPO box is ok. they may kill you (charge you (customs & freuight) more mercifully ) than direct import Man Very Happy

Message 45 of 46
latest reply

varun283
Community Member

I've ordered some packed food from ebay.com worth just about $11 and $4, its origin is South Korea, it weighs around 200g.

Does something like this have issues in customs clearence or gets charged duty?

Thanks in advance for your reply!

Message 46 of 46
latest reply