Community Court---A Suggestion !!!

As a jury member I find in many many cases the buyer is not brothered to reply at all, In such a case it is evident that what the seller has written is correct and the buyer does not wish to reply. In such cases why does it have to go to the voting stage at all ??.

In my opinion when the buyer has not replied to the case, the negative feedback should be removed from the sellers rating directly without the case going to the voting stage at all because the jury does not have the buyers view to consider, they read only the sellers version and decide the case. So why at all have the voting, ebay should directly remove the negative feedback in such cases where the buyer has not replied.

This will save a lot to time and also reduce the number of cases in the Community Court.

******************************* Regards.
Raj Electronics.
Message 1 of 61
latest reply
60 REPLIES 60

linusstudios
Community Member
You dont go to a dentist for buying shoes, Neither can a optician advise on hairfall. Similarly Someone who is not selling on eBay.in cannot understand the importance of feedback court.

I have only one thing to say to people who are criticizing community court. Buyers get to choose the sellers they want to transact with. But sellers do not have that liberty. They are shieldless in protecting themselves from friolous or ignorant buyers without community court. Also Any ceiling or Cap on appeals will question the genuineness and integrity of the community court itself.
Message 51 of 61
latest reply

mobile-phones-etc
Community Member
@linus,
I second you on that thought. buy genuine mobiles at unbeatable price.
http://stores.shop.ebay.in/Mobile-Phones-ETC

Change is state of mind..but inevitable.
buy genuine mobiles at unbeatable price.
http://stores.shop.ebay.in/Mobile-Phones-ETC

Change is state of mind..but inevitable.
Message 52 of 61
latest reply

Linus Studios,

Please refer to my first 50 to 70 feedback. They were from Indian buyers. I used to sell on ebay.in (and had 100% positive) but the opportunity on ebay.com and ebay.co.uk made me stop my leather goods business on ebay.in as I was unable to focus on too many things at a time.

I selected to sell on ebay.com because of high profitability, faster growth and many other things which I won't be able to discuss as it took lot of experience and research to derive at this conclusion and I won't share it free of cost 🙂 over this forum.

The Community Court is going to impact ebay.in in the same way as the negative feedback facility to the buyers impacted ebay.com during 2006 to 2008.

eBay.in will have to totally eliminate the community court or regulate it very strictly in order to retain the faith of the Indian buyers.

Thank you.

Kind Regards,
Mustufa
Message 53 of 61
latest reply

linusstudios
Community Member
@ real.phonenix

Referring to your experiance selling to indian customers-

{ I guess adventures with id- ahmedabadelectronics do not count as experiance. (In light Mood, please dont take it otherwise) }

And what you sold with this id (real.phoenix) to indian customers in a span of 3 months- 17 July to 10 October 2009. You have 27 Feedbacks on your profile. Out of those 27 feedbacks 6 Feedbacks were for items Sold for less than 100 Rs , 13 were sold for Rs 100-200.

8 Feedbacks for items sold over Rs 200.
-------------
In buying you have 9 Feedbacks from Indian Sellers.

-------------
Message 54 of 61
latest reply

Hi Linus Studios,

Thanks for the bifurcation of my business. I would like to gently remind you that the value of the items have no connection with the kind of feedback that it would bring. Yet, I appreciate you took a few minutes of your time to check my FB profile. I wish all my future buyers should also do that.

Regarding my feedback as a buyer:
Please note that I have purchased more than 25 items on eBay in last 12 months. I haven't received feedback from many sellers and I have also got a few of them removed by eBay as I found those feedbacks contained either seller's external site url or phone number. I don't wish to be a free promoter for these sellers therefore I got those FB removed.

I am not sure how you were able to access information of my ahmedabadelectronics ID as that account was suspended by eBay due to a severe policy violation for which I was myself unaware of. I apologized eBay for this and gave them a written assurance that such mistake won't happen and then eBay reinstated it. Thereafter, I registered this new account called real.phoenix. ahmedabadelectronics is closed long ago and no person including me can access it now.

I have learnt e-commerce after passing various stages and I find you people on some of those stages so I feel I should assist you. This is why I appear on community forums from time to time.

I never take any remark personally but I ask sellers to avoid making personal remarks on me or other buyers because it only deprecates their good selves.

Many potential buyers visit the community forum and they judge the sellers from the remarks they enter in the forums against buyers or fellow sellers. Hence, sellers who wish to succeed on eBay shouldn't ever enter any remark against any member in an impolite manner.

Regards,
Mustufa
Striving for distinction in customer service...
Message 55 of 61
latest reply

linusstudios
Community Member
Dear real.phoenix

Sir there was nothing personal in my remarks. You had asked to check your first 50-70 feedbacks, so having almost no sales on entire day and with my mobile lost I just did that. So I found there are no 50-70 feedbacks. whatever was there and the summary I put it forward.

Regarding how I know about ahamadabadelectronics I will like to quote you-

"Wise won't ask for elaborations..."
- real.phoneix 21-09-10 23:32 IST

Lets not talk about that as its of no importance now, I just referred to it as that was also your selling experiance in India. In was said in a much lighter mood.

And for item value and feedback. If you are selling something which is at half the market price, your customer is already in a positive mind. Its very unlikely he will leave you a negative or neutral.

There has been nothing which I ever said in any of forum/media which can cause any one's business to suffer. I just dont feel good when people views things from one's perspective and passe judgements. Only this made me reply to your post. I do regret if you felt bad.

I have also been active in forums just for the same reason have been. Helping fellow eBayers in need. So let us not do anything which takes us away from our common goal.

Peace now. No offences meant and no offence taken.
Message 56 of 61
latest reply

Dear Mustafa,

If you are not selling on eBay.in then may I know why u are giving your valuable feedback to us??? If you want to take buyer favor only then why you not teach to your buyers to confirm product receipt, communication with seller to resolve issues, feedback etc....

Regards
rhtdm.6624
Message 57 of 61
latest reply

Dear All Sellers,

I deeply apologize to all of you as my ideas have caused a lot of inconveniences to you.

I have decided not to appear in the community forum from now onwards. This would be my last post on community forum.

I wish all of you great success on eBay.

Kind Regards,
Mustufa
Message 58 of 61
latest reply

spl_ind
Community Member
Common guys, let us not fight with each other. Why not have a healthy debate and make our planet healthy? After all, Health is Wealth.
Message 59 of 61
latest reply

venusjewellers
Community Member
Jury members its time to give ur valuable time on voting on cases,as i see there are many cases pending for decision in court and taking very long time for outcome of results again this days
thanks
Message 60 of 61
latest reply