cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attention Sellers:Reasons for Bad Feedback and Complaints for Refund

pankajthepiper
Community Member
Attention: Sellers, Please be aware that this might be the reason behind bad feedbacks and complaints for refund.

Couriers like DTDC are not allowing consignee to Check Contents Before Signing of POD.

In my case yesterday, the DTDC courier man refused to let me check contents of parcel before signing of POD, and he also insisted that I sign a DTDC form acknowledging that I had "Checked Contents Before Receiving".
Put yourself in my place. Since I had paid for the product and had been waiting intently for it, I was tempted to sign the documents and take the parcel since I needed the item badly. What could have happened to it anyways since it is in a sealed box?
But I fought temptation and refused to sign the POD and other document without checking the contents first.

The DTDC deliveryman then tells me that it doesn't matter what the courier and delivery rules are, since DTDC is a government organisation and nothing I say or do can make a difference to him.

The DTDC courier man has returned the parcel with a remark that consignee has refused to accept, along with false dates in the online tracking, and now I am waiting in total misery to see what happens while the parcel remains in return transit somewhere in india.

You can confirm this case yourselves

Courier name: DTDC
Airway bill details: Z22105452
Feedback Ref. No. : FDB0050948 on dtdc.in website

So far DTDC has not replied to my feedback and emails at all.

If you chose a courier which behaves like this, then you are partly responsible for the consignee having to accept the parcel without checking since he has paid for it, and has been waiting for it. Put yourselves in your customers' position. Obviously if the customer is forced by the deliveryman to sign the POD and acknowledgement form, and later the customer finds something wrong with the parcel, then he knows he cannot blame the courier deliveryman since he has no proof, and the courier can show the acknowledgement form where the customer has signed that he "Checked the Contents Before Receving". So instead, the customers blames the seller claiming some other more provable reason for a refund. Yet, all buyers will agree that if the seller has not ensured that the courier will not resort to such malpractices, then the seller is also to be blamed, apart from the courier.

Unfortunately, this malpractice is being knowingly used by sellers on ebay.in to later refute buyer's claims by showing a signed POD. This is unnacceptable. The signed POD is only proof of your premeditated intent to cheat the customer before even shipping the item.
Shame on you sellers for trying to cheat buyers who have trusted you and made advance payment. EBay.in must take exceptional note of such cases and provide complete ban on such sellers, since it increases mistrust in electronic shopping as a whole in india.

Please be responsible to your buyers and choose a proper courier which follows the rules, or else all buyers will complain and ask ebay.in to ban you sellers who knowingly resort to such irresponsible practices. Confirm from the couriers that they allow checking of contents before signing, and what happens if the courier deliveryman does not follow such rules on an individual basis.

Do not choose DTDC or BlazeFlash, since they are the worst in my experience, and they have No Rules.
Message 1 of 17
latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

pankajthepiper
Community Member
At this rate, soon a signed POD will not mean anything at all, since it was signed under coersion (illegal force), and so cannot be used in any court whatsoever.
Message 2 of 17
latest reply

spl_ind
Community Member
Complain by email to the courier cos. Do not argue with the courier guys, they will never understand us. Lastly, please do not open multiple threads. One post is enough and you will get replies.
Message 3 of 17
latest reply

pankajthepiper
Community Member
Yes, I complained to local franchisee's propreitor, the super franchisee, the main Kolkata office, via emails to the email addresses mentioned in the dtdc.in site, i.e. and , and also posted feedback on dtdc.in site, all on friday itself.
On Monday I also forwarded email with feedback Ref No. to .

Local franchisee propreitor said "We are a franchisee, go complain to whoever you want, nothing will happen to us."

Super Franchisee said "The consignor has not booked the courier via Open Manifest so we cannot let you open the parcel before signing the POD and DTDC form. However, you still have to sign the DTDC Form where it says that you Checked the Contents Before Receiving."

Main Kolkata office said "We are a government organisation, go complain to whoever you want, nothing will happen to us."

Till now I have receved no replies to my emails sent to , or , or to the feedback Ref. No. : FDB0050948 on dtdc.in website.

And they claim on dtdc.in website that they will reply within 1 working day.
Message 4 of 17
latest reply

anandxyz
Community Member
DTDC sucks big time, bad courier company.
Message 5 of 17
latest reply

pankajthepiper
Community Member
IT seems like someone edited my last post and removed the dtdc email addresses i had mentioned which i had complained to. I did not know I am not supposed to mention email addresses.
Message 6 of 17
latest reply

and-also
Community Member
When you sign the POD , mention near your sign, if the contents were received broken or intact, or if you were not able to check the contents before accepting, call the seller and ask him what to do ???

if the seller is not ready to accept the risk of the same, then donot accept, or if you ready to accept the risk of the same, accept it, at the end it depends on your and also your sellers Genuineness.

We see lot of unscrupulous buyers, who claim, the things are borken, when after well 5 to 6 days of use they break the same up and then claim broken in transit, but as we deal in low value items, we donot argue much, but very well understand the genuineness of the buyers complain.

Or due to wrong installation procedure of the item is broken then again buyers complain that broken in transit,Well we are not denying that some sellers are truant in that way, thus it all in the end depends on the authenticity of theboth parties, if items received are short or damaged, Mostly in my experience all sellers at least can vouch for 99 percent of them will help.

But we see lot of buyers misusing the norms, especially old buyers, who are well aware of the system and rules and procedures.

Howsoever coming back to the topic, on The DRS(delivery run sheet), you can always write your remarks along with the sign, so the seller can verify your claims to be genuine and help you out.

As basic criteria of any sellers to verify the genuineness of the buyer, for a genuine buyer seller will always help, but he has to make sure that the buyer is not taking him for a ride.

Hope you understand and please be advised to always write your remarks on DRS of any courier complains, no one will stop you from the same, and the same will remain as a proof of the courier truancy, so seller can accordingly take action with his side of the courier franchisee.
Message 7 of 17
latest reply

spl_ind
Community Member
I watch a lot of Hollywood movies, and I have never seen anyone opening the package and checking the contents before signing. They always show that they sign the papers and the FedEx guy gives the parcel to the owner of the house or office. They open the parcel after the FedEx guy leaves. So, I wonder what kind of rules does US have regarding couriers.
Message 8 of 17
latest reply

pankajthepiper
Community Member
First of all, all couriers are supposed to have the rules that you can open a parcel before receving it. That is why it is written like that on the POD and accompanying document. It is the deliveryman and courier company who tells you that u cant open it, because they want to avoid the hassle of you returning it.

The justification for this is this.

What if the parcel is a bomb or drugs?

Just because the parcel is addressed to you, you are not supposed to accept a bomb, ammunition or drugs, if you are not legally allowed to.

So you should be allowed to open the parcel in front of (if bomb, then in the face of) the courier guy. If parcel contains drugs and you sign the POD before opening, then anyone can go to police and file a complaint that you checked the contents, found it was drugs, and still accepted it.

Lastly, don't even try to compare DTDC with FEDEX and DHL.

In my personal opinion, DHL is an excellent courier service, followed by Blue Dart in India, and they make a great team.

Once I had a problem with a Blue Dart supposed to be delivered to me, only one parcel (I was the buyer). After making complaint, Blue Dart assigned a separate customer associate to my case, and she coordinated with all the requisite people, had a couple of blue dart guys locate the parcel, deliver it to me, and take feedback on my hassle and my impression with how my case had been handled. Everything was done really professionally so that I really trust Blue Dart from now on.
It is no surprise that most credit cards and debit cards are sent via Blue Dart to make sure the intended recipient gets it, and the delivery guys (like DTDC) dont make off with the cards themselves.
Message 9 of 17
latest reply

lokeshchandolia
Community Member
I HAVE BOOKED A INFI DIGITAL THERMOMETER , WATERPROOF, CHILDSAFE (250717714579)ON DATE 27/10/10

DTDC COURIER NO Z23986802 ON TRACKING SAYS THAT THEY DIDNT FOUND ANY ONE AT HOME.
BUT THE GUYS OF DTDC AT MEHRAULI CENTRE TOLD ME THAT THEY DONT HAVE ANY COURIER OF MY NAME.

OVERALL I HAVT RECIEVED MY PRODUCT.
THEN I APPLY FOR REFUND MONEY WHICH IS APPROVED ONE MONTH BEFORE BUT I HAVNT GET MY MONEY YET.

VERY BAD SERVICE FOR BOTH E BAY AND DTDC

KINDLY DO THE NEEDFUL.
Message 10 of 17
latest reply