cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attention Sellers:Reasons for Bad Feedback and Complaints for Refund

pankajthepiper
Community Member
Attention: Sellers, Please be aware that this might be the reason behind bad feedbacks and complaints for refund.

Couriers like DTDC are not allowing consignee to Check Contents Before Signing of POD.

In my case yesterday, the DTDC courier man refused to let me check contents of parcel before signing of POD, and he also insisted that I sign a DTDC form acknowledging that I had "Checked Contents Before Receiving".
Put yourself in my place. Since I had paid for the product and had been waiting intently for it, I was tempted to sign the documents and take the parcel since I needed the item badly. What could have happened to it anyways since it is in a sealed box?
But I fought temptation and refused to sign the POD and other document without checking the contents first.

The DTDC deliveryman then tells me that it doesn't matter what the courier and delivery rules are, since DTDC is a government organisation and nothing I say or do can make a difference to him.

The DTDC courier man has returned the parcel with a remark that consignee has refused to accept, along with false dates in the online tracking, and now I am waiting in total misery to see what happens while the parcel remains in return transit somewhere in india.

You can confirm this case yourselves

Courier name: DTDC
Airway bill details: Z22105452
Feedback Ref. No. : FDB0050948 on dtdc.in website

So far DTDC has not replied to my feedback and emails at all.

If you chose a courier which behaves like this, then you are partly responsible for the consignee having to accept the parcel without checking since he has paid for it, and has been waiting for it. Put yourselves in your customers' position. Obviously if the customer is forced by the deliveryman to sign the POD and acknowledgement form, and later the customer finds something wrong with the parcel, then he knows he cannot blame the courier deliveryman since he has no proof, and the courier can show the acknowledgement form where the customer has signed that he "Checked the Contents Before Receving". So instead, the customers blames the seller claiming some other more provable reason for a refund. Yet, all buyers will agree that if the seller has not ensured that the courier will not resort to such malpractices, then the seller is also to be blamed, apart from the courier.

Unfortunately, this malpractice is being knowingly used by sellers on ebay.in to later refute buyer's claims by showing a signed POD. This is unnacceptable. The signed POD is only proof of your premeditated intent to cheat the customer before even shipping the item.
Shame on you sellers for trying to cheat buyers who have trusted you and made advance payment. EBay.in must take exceptional note of such cases and provide complete ban on such sellers, since it increases mistrust in electronic shopping as a whole in india.

Please be responsible to your buyers and choose a proper courier which follows the rules, or else all buyers will complain and ask ebay.in to ban you sellers who knowingly resort to such irresponsible practices. Confirm from the couriers that they allow checking of contents before signing, and what happens if the courier deliveryman does not follow such rules on an individual basis.

Do not choose DTDC or BlazeFlash, since they are the worst in my experience, and they have No Rules.
Message 1 of 17
latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Re: Attention Sellers:Reasons for Bad Feedback and Complaints for Refund

oriflame_in
Community Member
DTDC had misplaced my very first consignment and they never replied to any of my mails.

Inspite of that many buyers request me to ship through DTC !!!
Message 11 of 17
latest reply

@oriflame_in...

See if you do business then these things will happen and it will always happen to good people when you least expect it to happen, that's Murphy's law and also that's life so get over it.

You can contact DTDC Pan India customer care by dialing your std code and 33004444. They will attend to your query immediately and also provide you with a complaint ticket.
RajElectroniks
Message 12 of 17
latest reply

ritu*s_collections
Community Member
Pankaj, I beg to differ a bit on this.

A seller sends whatever the buyer has bought. The Courier company is just a medium for the item to be transferred between the seller and the buyer.

How can they make you open the item before acceptance.

Think of these scenarios
1. I am a regular buyer of banknotes. If I keep opening items in of the courier guy, do you think they will deliver in the future or there is a possibility of stealing of items is possible?

2. What if a buyer opens an items and says I do not want the item. Does the courier company even know what was sold, what was the description of the item ? And what are they supposed to do with an open package? And then for the seller, how will one know whether the buyer actually opened the items or the courier company opened the items?

3. Even if the packed item is a weapon or a bomb, how does the courier company know that the buyer did not order the item? Maybe the buyer actually ordered it and the item was delivered.

The best think to do is check the packing carefully before signing the POD. Any tampering with the packing and you should not receive it.

But it items are opened before receiving, a lot of items would be stolen and no one can point whether the buyer opened the item or the courier company opened the item and blamed it on the recipient.
Message 13 of 17
latest reply

I find out before making the purchase from the seller usually about how the item will be shipped. If the courier company doesn't suit me, I don't buy the item. There's no use in telling the seller to opt for something else since most of the established sellers have their own likes (arrangements).

DTDC is one of the companies that I like to avoid. They have delayed my parcel many times.
Message 14 of 17
latest reply

lotmany
Community Member
You can always verify the parcel from outside only, when the parcel is shipped through closed mode with exceptions.

Cheat Seller: We agree with you, as a buyer and first time buyer, you will have much doubt and belief. Also, an experienced online buyer may get fake parcels which can't be avoided. Its all when Seller is a wrong Seller (which is rare on eBay). You can minimize such Sellers by verifying their feedback,sales records, listing information, his communication.

Cheat courier agent: You can call the seller when you got the agent for delivery and inquire him on the cover/paper/packing material he used and you can easily understand if the courier agent is cheating you.

DTDC has a service called 'Open Condition Mode' wherein you can open the parcel and see if the needed items were in place.
Also, each courier have a service 'Known Content Mode'. At the time of booking courier, courier agent will see the contents of item and then seal it. Delivery time you can open it.
They charge more in above cases. Ex: Even for a 10/- item you need to pay ~200/-.

You should take delivery all the time unless the parcel is mostly tampered and you doubt on the contents availability If you found something wrong after taking delivery, Seller is there for you to resolve your issue. You should call Seller for guidance on accepting the parcel or not. You can request courier agent to come next day. He will and should accept your request.

When parcel looks tampered or looks compressed much, you may deny taking delivery. Generally, in such situations, item would be visible and you can take delivery if item that is visible looks fine or if you think item exists in good condition.

Important: Take delivery by signing on the Run Sheet first and then request the agent to wait. Open the parcel before him. If you found something is wrong, you can still sign on POD with your remarks on the Run Sheet and POD. After doing this, courier guy would also accept to return it back with his comments along. Safe play.

It all matters how you deal. One thing is, you have to believe and if you are doubtful better not buy online at all. No play.

Regards
Message 15 of 17
latest reply

priya.pupstar
Community Member
HI, my sender sent a package through DTDC , but they have delivered it to some one else, whom i don't know. What should i do now?
Message 16 of 17
latest reply

Do not depend on courier boys, they have to dispached 100-150 parcels daily and what they get in return 4-5 Rs. per parcel delivery. why they care what you order and who send you what and you fully happy with it or not?? why

Simple soluation:-

Now these days all sellers (including me) using tempre proof courier bags for stopping theft, most of the sellers now using tempre proof courier bags for sending items now, when they delived, you can easily see what they are giving you in your hands, it is a tempered bag or not you can check that, you always got what they send, do not recivied if found torn from any where, allways buy with old sellers, do not buy from new sellers and account is very new.

other soluation:-

if your are buying laptop or costly products, just go to courier shop ask for your parcel ,if they not allow for it, offer 50-100 Rs, check it their and if not like leave it their.

Message 17 of 17
latest reply