Major issue with Powership Weight calculation

Hello friends

Since last 1 week we are facing major issue in weight, normal 450 gram pacels getting charged with 2.5kg, Even in Volumetric term weight doesn't cross 500 as parcel is small in size.

Eerlier it used to be 1-2 case in a month, now in today's remittance we have found at-least 20 parcel has beeen charged wrong.

Now it takes lot of energy and time running behind powership tea,, we thought to rectify this issue at first step only by talking to bluedart manager.

After enquiring we have found ebay only have instructed to bluedart to enter volumetric weight above 500 gram parcels.

and i know how these courier boy measures the volume they have nothing to do with it, they just put random weight and this is reason why everyone is getting charged like anything.

We used to send through our own courier and never been charged volumetric below 5kg parcel.

Suppose if a person sell 500 rupee item and pays 200 rupee shipping + 12%(7+5) ebay fee 52% gone in 2 things .

we hardly work on 2 to 5% margins how we can pay such high shipping fee?

Ebay powership team this matter is very serious, you have to be very agressive in this matter contact with logistic companies and fix it asap.

Regards

Mycorte

Message 1 of 29
latest reply
28 REPLIES 28

I've been ranting about this for quite a while now. I've even provided proof to eBay and Bluedart that they are charging anything in the name of volumetric weight. However, after that e-mail both the Powership team and Bluedart have stopped replying to me.
 Once I had two orders of the same product...I packed both the orders in a box of the exact same size and handed them over to Bluedart on the same day. However, they charged different weights for both of them. When I took this up with Bluedart, their customer executive replied for one you used normal packaging and for the other you used box packaging. For normal packaging we used the real weight and for box packaging we used volumetric weight. How ridiculous is that? When I asked her to tell me what this normal packaging was so that I can use it for all my orders, she stopped replying to my e-mails. All the emails of this communication were marked to the eBay Powership team as well. That's not all...Bluedart have even charged 1 kg for a greeting card in the name of volumetric weight. I'm tired of complaining about this because the eBay logistic team is least bothered to deal with this issue as all the additional charges are borne by sellers.

Message 2 of 29
latest reply

We have reported this issue (Volumetric weight) since March 2014.

Shared data about sending packets worth 250/- or 350/- and being charged 1kg rate.

First I was informed that Mukul is looking into this. Then, I realized that Mukul was on leave, and there was no way he could be looking into this! Earlier my account manager was replying to my mails. Now, no mails/calls.

I am surprised that only 2 sellers have faced this issue before me. Maybe the others are not aware yet or not impacted as much as I am!

Who is deciding these things? If its a mistake, when will they fix it? After my profits have been wiped clean? if its not a mistake, then why are my requests to remove me from powership being ignored? don't understand what is happening here!

Message 3 of 29
latest reply

For me 1600 Grams box was charged with 6600 Grams

and regularly i pack 300 grams box's bluedart used to weighted it as 500Grams it is ok as goes in 500Grams bracket, now it bluedart is weighing it as 300 grams box as 1500Grams

which is more than 2 times of the acutal weight

There is no response from power ship team

when i called local bluedart manager, he told me that ebay use volume metric charges for all items,

and Fedex and Aramex are weighing correctly

Message 4 of 29
latest reply

I have been experiencing the same these days.

I have written to inlogistics 5 times in the last 10 days. for 5 dispatchings transactions have been wrongly weighed.  paper back ultra thin phone cases (5-6 grams and transacttion value Rs.149/-) have been shipped in 1kg slabs. As of now i have received credits where 250 gram packages were shipped under 500 grams slab. However no credit for 250 gram packages sent as 1kg packets.

Message 5 of 29
latest reply

Sir

We are stopping to sell on eBay, We have been charged 2.5kgs for a 100gm adhesive tape Can t
You believe that the remittance of the product has been -15rs . We cannot run the business at loss of 200pc. Hence we have now stopped selling on eBay till this rectified.
Message 6 of 29
latest reply

Hi friends me too face same problem.ebay should fix this problem,me facing loss in shipping with powership !!!

Message 7 of 29
latest reply

I am also facing same problem in bluedart and fedex. My all packages are very small 8*10 ebay cover. Weight is around 100 grams, but the weight is charging 1kg, 2kg etc.
Message 8 of 29
latest reply

dsha5371
Community Member
I am also facing the same issue. 😞
Message 9 of 29
latest reply

how they measure the weight do u know the formula?

i heard LxBxH/2700

what are the units here its inches or cm?

please reply!
because i am thinking of availing powership!

Message 10 of 29
latest reply