Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay Guarantee*:100% satisfaction of eBay purchase; or replacement/ refund

sapana@ebay.com
eBay Employee
eBay Employee
Dear Members

We at eBay India are excited to share news on the launch of eBay Guarantee*!

Shopping on eBay is delightful for our buyers, as they get to find Lots of Safe Easy Deals along with the convenience of round the clock shopping and doorstep delivery. We achieve this by working closely with our sellers who are fully committed to delivering a great buyer experience!

However as India is still in the early stages of online shopping, our buyer’s tend to have some concerns about the item purchased being as they had understood, prompt delivery, and empathetic help in case anything goes wrong. Keeping this in mind and with an aim to deliver customer delight, we are launching the eBay Guarantee* program from the 20th of April 2010.

“If you are not 100% satisfied with your purchase on eBay, eBay will ensure that you receive a replacement or a full refund within 20 days”.

eBay Guarantee* will have multiple benefits for our buyers:
1. If a buyer is not 100% satisfied with her/his purchase on eBay, we will ensure replacement or a refund as per the below timelines:
a. Replacement of item within 7 working days after the item is shipped back to the seller by the buyer OR
b. Refund of total purchase price within 7 working days after the item is shipped back to the seller by the buyer
2. Buyers can register their unsatisfactory experience by informing a customer support representative by phone/chat or email or by registering the issue on site in the form of a dispute
3. The eBay Guarantee* Protection applies to all transactions done on eBay India and through Global Easy Buy
4. The entire transaction amount (item price + shipping charges) will be refunded to the buyer
5. Return shipment when required will be reimbursed to the buyer by eBay

Our seller protection and seller performance policies have also been revamped to ensure NO misuse of the eBay Guarantee* Program, the salient features of the seller protection policy are:
1. A seller can avail protection against loss incurred by him for refund / replacement made to the buyer through eBay Guarantee* program where Seller is not found to be at fault. A Seller can avail protection where:
a. The seller has shipped the product to the buyer with valid proof of dispatch and the buyer is in possession of the product
b.The buyer has returned the product to the seller but the seller has not received the same or received in damaged condition
2. A Seller is eligible to avail protection up to the item price of the product mentioned in the listing
3. To avail protection the seller should
a. Inform eBay about such loss within 10 days of such buyer claim closure date
b. Actively participate in the eBay Guarantee* process to resolve the buyer concern
4. All “Item not Received (INR)” disputes (including PaisaPay INR) raised by buyers where a valid proof of dispatch is not available, will be part of the Seller non performance (SNP) policy & will impact seller segmentation as per SNP policy

Please feel free to read the FAQ’s, contact our Customer Service team or attend Online Workshop on eBay Guarantee* from 4-5 PM on 8th April, 2010. To post your question, click on Post Reply link.

We at eBay.in will continue to work towards delivering a super user experience and a trusted environment where online shopping can thrive and are confident that happy buyers will place their trust in eBay and come back to buy from eBay sellers again and again!

*Terms & Conditions applicable

Thanks & Regards,
eBay Team
Message 1 of 88
latest reply
87 REPLIES 87

anil@ebay.com
Community Member
Hi mnq595,

As matter of policy, we do not engage specific case related queries on Discussion boards, I have your contact details, will outreach you once the workshop is over.

Thanks
Anil Shenoy
Message 61 of 88
latest reply

cosycom
Community Member
I know it will be difficult for you to answer this ,If possible just exclude international customers from this guarantee , I will be happy .... Regards

Narinder
Message 62 of 88
latest reply

anil@ebay.com
Community Member
Hi All,

Another concern that sellers have highlighted is that, Customer Support will support buyers only and not protect sellers. To give a perspective on Customer support: even today whenever a buyer raises a dispute saying that he has not received an item (he had paid via PaisaPay and seller has entered shipping details) are also referred to the Customer Support representative where they decide to close the case in favour of buyer or seller. Approximately 40% of such cases get closed in favour of sellers. I understand that making a decision on INR is far easier, however, it gives me the assurance that the orientation of the Customer Support Representative is to make a right decision without any bias to buyer or seller.

Regards
Anil Shenoy
Message 63 of 88
latest reply

anil@ebay.com
Community Member
Hi cosycom,

“what have you thought about international customers , about high return shipping costs, customs & delays involved in the process.:”

I understand that a lot of your transactions are from international buyers. from our past experience and data, we have seen that the key issue with international buyers is of Item Not Received. We have minimal cases of SNAD from international buyers.

Assuming that an international buyer claims Item Not Received, the process will be same as today’s Item Not Received case that is filed via PaisaPay. Even today, in case the buyer raises an INR, the CSR advises the buyer to wait since it is an international transaction. If the money is refunded to the buyer and seller can show proof of dispatch / delivery, eBay will protect him under seller protection.
In case the seller has used registered airmail to ship the items, for products worth less than Rs. 2000, the registered post proof of dispatch will be considered as proof of delivery. If a buyer requires a refund in such cases, then you can claim protection under eBay seller protection program. If the product cost is above Rs. 2000, seller will need to provide proof of delivery to claim seller protection.
I hope the above answers your question. Please feel free to seek any further clarification.

Regards
Anil Shenoy
Message 64 of 88
latest reply

sapana@ebay.com
eBay Employee
eBay Employee
Hi All,

I hope today's workshop gave some clarity on eBay Guarantee. If you have further questions, please feel free to write on this thread. Anil will be responding on this thread on regular basis.

Regards,
Sapana
Message 65 of 88
latest reply

Hi
Due to this COD the sell of sellers who sell through paisa pay will be decreased because if product sold through COD only FVF will be charged. Due to which COD product prices are less than the product sold through Paisa Pay. So do you have any plan for those sellers who will sell through Paisa pay?

Thanks
rhtdm.6624
Message 66 of 88
latest reply

cosycom
Community Member
So the workshop has ended as expected ....
ebay has to implement this & they will .

Very cleverly Mr. Anil has diverted the issue of Guarantee to international buyers towards Item not recieved issue.

In my opinion it is just waste of time writing on these threads .Sellers should never put suggestions to ebay policy makers .

Anil Sir Congratulations . Regards

Narinder
Message 67 of 88
latest reply

Dear Anilji
Before this discussion I have so many doubt but this change sound good
Not good but very good
I already do this same thing before this at our cost but now eBay launch EBay guarantee and now we are under seller protection
In some case i bear 300 % more charge then item price to solve buyer concern but i find that always happy buyer return with more business
Some genuine seller don’t see best advantage is that you don’t have to face SNP now
Before this if item not received buyer file case in eBay INR or INAD and in this even so many power seller get SNP notice and becomes suspend from ebay
Keep going this launch it seems ALL IS WELLL
Message 68 of 88
latest reply

DEAR ANILJI
Don’t get details of if seller is applicable under “seller protection program”
When and where he can file case for protection?
Message 69 of 88
latest reply

indconcepts
Community Member
Hello,

I feel .... ebay absorbing the return charges .... is a bait which ebay is throwing in front of the Sellers.

If ebay thinks that Buyer's behaviour is not going to change then why can't ebay absorb the whole Item cost ?

If Refund cases would be say just 1 in 5000 then absorbing the Items cost is just pea nuts for ebay. But one unfair refund transaction for Seller can mean a lot as margins specifically in Branded goods are wafer thin.

ebay is a machine and human intervention would never be successful where 1000's of transactions are taking place everyday.

Right now the aim is to implement this Policy and keep the Sellers quite at the moment. .

best regards

Umang Midha

IndConcepts logo7

best regards

Umang Midha

IndConcepts logo7
Message 70 of 88
latest reply