Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay Guarantee*:100% satisfaction of eBay purchase; or replacement/ refund

sapana@ebay.com
eBay Employee
eBay Employee
Dear Members

We at eBay India are excited to share news on the launch of eBay Guarantee*!

Shopping on eBay is delightful for our buyers, as they get to find Lots of Safe Easy Deals along with the convenience of round the clock shopping and doorstep delivery. We achieve this by working closely with our sellers who are fully committed to delivering a great buyer experience!

However as India is still in the early stages of online shopping, our buyer’s tend to have some concerns about the item purchased being as they had understood, prompt delivery, and empathetic help in case anything goes wrong. Keeping this in mind and with an aim to deliver customer delight, we are launching the eBay Guarantee* program from the 20th of April 2010.

“If you are not 100% satisfied with your purchase on eBay, eBay will ensure that you receive a replacement or a full refund within 20 days”.

eBay Guarantee* will have multiple benefits for our buyers:
1. If a buyer is not 100% satisfied with her/his purchase on eBay, we will ensure replacement or a refund as per the below timelines:
a. Replacement of item within 7 working days after the item is shipped back to the seller by the buyer OR
b. Refund of total purchase price within 7 working days after the item is shipped back to the seller by the buyer
2. Buyers can register their unsatisfactory experience by informing a customer support representative by phone/chat or email or by registering the issue on site in the form of a dispute
3. The eBay Guarantee* Protection applies to all transactions done on eBay India and through Global Easy Buy
4. The entire transaction amount (item price + shipping charges) will be refunded to the buyer
5. Return shipment when required will be reimbursed to the buyer by eBay

Our seller protection and seller performance policies have also been revamped to ensure NO misuse of the eBay Guarantee* Program, the salient features of the seller protection policy are:
1. A seller can avail protection against loss incurred by him for refund / replacement made to the buyer through eBay Guarantee* program where Seller is not found to be at fault. A Seller can avail protection where:
a. The seller has shipped the product to the buyer with valid proof of dispatch and the buyer is in possession of the product
b.The buyer has returned the product to the seller but the seller has not received the same or received in damaged condition
2. A Seller is eligible to avail protection up to the item price of the product mentioned in the listing
3. To avail protection the seller should
a. Inform eBay about such loss within 10 days of such buyer claim closure date
b. Actively participate in the eBay Guarantee* process to resolve the buyer concern
4. All “Item not Received (INR)” disputes (including PaisaPay INR) raised by buyers where a valid proof of dispatch is not available, will be part of the Seller non performance (SNP) policy & will impact seller segmentation as per SNP policy

Please feel free to read the FAQ’s, contact our Customer Service team or attend Online Workshop on eBay Guarantee* from 4-5 PM on 8th April, 2010. To post your question, click on Post Reply link.

We at eBay.in will continue to work towards delivering a super user experience and a trusted environment where online shopping can thrive and are confident that happy buyers will place their trust in eBay and come back to buy from eBay sellers again and again!

*Terms & Conditions applicable

Thanks & Regards,
eBay Team
Message 1 of 88
latest reply
87 REPLIES 87

So will this ebay guarantee be valid for items sold/purchased after 20th April or retrospective ??
Regards.
Raj Electroniks.
Message 2 of 88
latest reply

sapana@ebay.com
eBay Employee
eBay Employee
Hi rajelectroniks,

It will be applicable for all items on which buyers are dissatisfied, want a replacement or refund post 20th April 2010.

Regards,
Sapana
Message 3 of 88
latest reply

sapna can u explain how will this work
will ebay bear the loss if the buyer is not satisfy
for example i sold a tool kit or xyz item
after using the item for 5 days buyer claim he is not satisfy then will ebay pay the buyer or the seller will have to bear the loss
Message 4 of 88
latest reply

What if buyer returns an item without a valid reason.

for exmaple: a buyer know this refund/replacement policy then he bought an item thinking in his mind that he will return it to get full refunds (bcoz he just bought it to know the ebay process or just for fun)

even after this we are ready to do full refunds but then what ebay will do for the amount which we have already paid to the buyer to sending the item ???
Message 5 of 88
latest reply

1bigbaazaar
Community Member
sapana,
regarding :
All “Item not Received (INR)” disputes (including PaisaPay INR) raised by buyers where a valid proof of dispatch is not available, will be part of the Seller non performance (SNP) policy & will impact seller segmentation as per SNP policy

if auto refund is generated by system due to non shipment, will it be considered as "paisapay INR"
and if we refund the buyer due to non availibility of stock will that also be considered as "paisaay INR"
please do clearify as it is going to impact of SNP
thanks
monika
Message 6 of 88
latest reply

if we list an item as - buyer has to pay for return shipping.

and even after this buyer presurrise a seller to bear the return shipping (in condition of any damage or unsatisfactory) then what ebay will do?
Message 7 of 88
latest reply

pritam1006
Community Member
Hello Sapana,

This seems a good policy. But how about buyers who are already fighting for refund?

We buyers completely depend on description given by seller. But its obvious that no one will state the negative side of item.

I recetnly bought a Windows phone reading its many features as described by the seller. But on receiving the phone, realised soon that the phone, though having many features, was not upto the mark. I have now escalated the case to ebay trust & safety team who is telling me that buyer is ready for replacment. But I dont want replacement but refund only. Seller was mum after I confirmed receipt of item on his request. He also did not resopond after I opened case agianst him. I took initiative to resolve the issue but he did not respond! In such case, why ebay wants to tell me he is now agreed for replacment. I dont want replacement now but only refund.

Hope your new policy will support decent buyers in genuine cases.
Message 8 of 88
latest reply

Hi,

It seems like a great policy to have, but I have a few doubts and querries.

Does this also apply to products of International Brands which have National or Global warranty?

Can a buyer use a product for say 7-15 days, say he is not satisfied with the product and ask for a refund?

What does the seller do with a product which the buyer has returned for a refund? It cannot be sold as new as the packing has been opened and there may scratches and usage on the product?

Does this also apply to personal use products such as Hair and Body accesories (shavers, etc.) and also to products such as undergarments which cannot be exchanged / replaced once they have been used due to hygeince issues?

Supose my product is exactly as described but the buyer was expecting something more, is he still entitled to a full refund?

There are a few more doubts, I will be posting these as and when.

-------

Devesh
Message 9 of 88
latest reply

anil@ebay.com
Community Member
Hi 1bigbaazaar,
System intiated INR / Seller initiated INR will not be considered for SNP computation. The SNP computation will get impacted in cases when a seller inputs shipping details in the system, buyer does not recieve the product, complaints to eBay about the same and seller is subsequnetly not able to provide a valid proof of dispatch / delivery.

Additionally, INR claims by buyers who have paid through non paisaPay payment method results in eBay refunding the money to the buyer will also be considered for SNP computation

Also, In case where a buyer pays via offline payment mode and claims Item Not Received, seller will need to provide a valid proof of dispatch / delivery. Incase the seller is unable to provide a valid POD, then such transactions will be considered for SNP computation

Regards
Anil Shenoy
Manager - Trust & Safety
Message 10 of 88
latest reply