cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Open House Discussion with Gautam Thakar on Aug 25th (5-6 PM)

sapana@ebay.com
eBay Employee
eBay Employee
Dear Users,

We are pleased to announce the next session of our Open House Program, where users get an opportunity to chat with the eBay India Team.

Join Gautam Thakar, Country Manager – Marketplace, for an online discussion on buying and selling on eBay India.

Gautam will be available on this thread on Thursday, the 25th of August, 2006, from 5:00 PM to 6:00 PM IST, for an interactive discussion with our community members.

You can submit your questions before or during the event by clicking on Post a reply at top of the thread. For help on using the discussion boards, please click here - http://forums.ebay.in/thread.jspa?threadID=300000542.

See you on the 25th at 5:00 PM!

Thanks and Regards,
Sapana,
Community Development Team
Message 1 of 100
latest reply
99 REPLIES 99

saravanan7610
Community Member
Sir, I would like to ask you, whether a seller can send me an unpaid item strike, for the item i hav won without me being the highest bidder, and wherein, i was outbid by a large margin on the item the seller had put up for auction? though i have justified my action for not paying for the item, which the seller had announced i had won, through ebay, i hav received an unpaid item strike!! I did not pay for the item because, i felt suspicious about the whole deal with the seller, coz, i had received an email stating that i was outbid, and even the price of the item was very hugely hyped up, and suddenly, i get a mail stating that i am the winner of that particular item? dont you think, that these actions of the seller make me suspicious about the deal?
Message 41 of 100
latest reply

indiastorehandicrafts
Community Member
I gave a message on 23rd of August stating my problem.
But ebay does not reply to my emails through trust and safety and niether the Live Chat helps.
1. The Live chat has only one answer for any problem" This is not handled by me and so unable to do anything, please go to trust and safety link and send mail"

2. After 20 emails , what I get is to write here on the community board, but here also no reply.

3. I dont know who exist behind this website, and are there real staff or handled by a few people?
4. ebay is making lot of money through sellers but still it doesnot have a proper customer support to the satisactory of anyone.
5.All my listings were ended (800) without any warning to me.
6. The shop is still active without any listings in it!
7. Can anybody guide me regarding this? Will ebay activate my listings again? I have spent more then 20,000 on listings only,leave aside the other shop charges.
8. Will I have to spend another 20,000 to lsit for 100's of hours again?
9.Or anybosy else having the same experience? Can yu guide me what to do next?
10. How did a person in such a situation make ebay activate the listings?
11. Do I have to pay extra(as a gift) to the staff or ebay to reactivate the listings?
12. I am taken for a ride by ebay? Either the staff is taking some kind of revenge or they want something from me.
13. Please somebody guide me!! I have lost lot of money and by the end of this month another bill for the shop will be ready by ebay without actually doing any business!
14. Please sellers I am in great trouble. Help me!!
15. Anybody knows about consumer courts? How do I go about it? Or ebay will compensate for this to me? Have naybody gone to a consumer court before?
16.I have given so many emails and wasted upto 5 hours on live chat in the hope that they will somehow help me, but to my frustration I am being harrassed. I have tried everything but to no result.
17. The chat says give email and the emails never get any reply.
18. Is there a procedure to go about it?
19. I have seen some members being suspended and then within some days there lsitings are again active!!
20 I have not done any crime? Still I am treated like a criminal!
21. Please, Please somebody guide me!! What should I do next? I am being mentally tortured by the staff! All my hard earned money is going to drains, I am so dipressed, I dont know what to do.
22. Have anybody gone through this before? Please guide me ,will be very oblized .

Thanks,
indiastorehandicrafts
Message 42 of 100
latest reply

ethnicality
Community Member
Dear Mr. Thakar,
Ebay, being such a big business place, shows little professionalism.
If for some reason, ebay decides to remove a sellers listing, is it too cumbersome to send an email to the seller stating the reason?? How are we as sellers, supposed to rectify a listing if we dont know whats wrong with it? All ebay does is deletes a listing, and thats the end of it! Even emails to customer support hail no reasonable response except "the listing was in violation of our policy". This can mean a million different things!
Please devise a procedure wherin a seller is informed of the shortcoming of a listing when and if it is removed.
Message 43 of 100
latest reply

raj_5_30_80
Community Member
Hi,

Thanks for the oppurtunity. I have not recieved my Paisapay Cheque of high Amount of Aug15th End period. I have tried so many time sto contact Indian Cutomer Support but in vain. No reply till date.

I want to bring this to your notice that these days the eBay customer support has no concern in solving any issue we bring to their notice, They send all obvious text instead of addressing the issue directly. They donot even care to know simple eBay rules before answering any question or even try going through the contents of the mailed concern.

Please address these issues at the ear;iest and make eBay be felt more safe. Because if we write anything on eBay.com USA we get immediate replies but in India we donot get any reply and if they reply that too all obvious vague replies.

Regards,

Raghu
Message 44 of 100
latest reply

indiastorehandicrafts
Community Member
After 20 emails this is what I get just now from ebay customer support..
"Hello,

Thank you for contacting eBay Customer Support. My name is Sonia and I
appreciate the opportunity to be of assistance.

I can certainly empathize with the concerns you have expressed and your
wish to renew your relationship with eBay. I realize that your account
is important to you.

Upon review of your account I note that we have restricted your account
from selling on eBay for one day as a result of repeated breaches of
eBay policy. We have recently added selling restrictions to the range of
consequences for breaches oflace, members may not list any items but are
still able to bid, buy, access My eBay, communicate with other members
and complete all current transactions. We encourage you to take the time
during this one-day restriction to familiarise yourself with our
policies and make any necessary changes to your listings.

Please note that once the selling restriction has been lifted you will
have to relist any items they had listed previously.

I understand that you may disagree with eBay's decision to maintain this
policy. If you would like to see a policy change, you may want to submit
your feelings at the following URL:

http://pages.ebay.in/community/suggestion

We value your membership in our community and your feedback is
important. Although you may not see the policy change as a result of
your email, the appropriate personnel will be made aware of your
position on this issue.

Thank you for your co operation and understanding.

Regards,

Sonia
eBay Customer Support "

Do you think this is the right answer and solves my problem?The one day selling restriction she is talking about was over on 22nd August! My problem is below...
I gave a message on 23rd of August stating my problem.
But ebay does not reply to my emails through trust and safety and niether the Live Chat helps.
1. The Live chat has only one answer for any problem" This is not handled by me and so unable to do anything, please go to trust and safety link and send mail"

2. After 20 emails , what I get is to write here on the community board, but here also no reply.

3. I dont know who exist behind this website, and are there real staff or handled by a few people?
4. ebay is making lot of money through sellers but still it doesnot have a proper customer support to the satisactory of anyone.
5.All my listings were ended (800) without any warning to me.
6. The shop is still active without any listings in it!
7. Can anybody guide me regarding this? Will ebay activate my listings again? I have spent more then 20,000 on listings only,leave aside the other shop charges.
8. Will I have to spend another 20,000 to lsit for 100's of hours again?
9.Or anybosy else having the same experience? Can yu guide me what to do next?
10. How did a person in such a situation make ebay activate the listings?
11. Do I have to pay extra(as a gift) to the staff or ebay to reactivate the listings?
12. I am taken for a ride by ebay? Either the staff is taking some kind of revenge or they want something from me.
13. Please somebody guide me!! I have lost lot of money and by the end of this month another bill for the shop will be ready by ebay without actually doing any business!
14. Please sellers I am in great trouble. Help me!!
15. Anybody knows about consumer courts? How do I go about it? Or ebay will compensate for this to me? Have naybody gone to a consumer court before?
16.I have given so many emails and wasted upto 5 hours on live chat in the hope that they will somehow help me, but to my frustration I am being harrassed. I have tried everything but to no result.
17. The chat says give email and the emails never get any reply.
18. Is there a procedure to go about it?
19. I have seen some members being suspended and then within some days there lsitings are again active!!
20 I have not done any crime? Still I am treated like a criminal!
21. Please, Please somebody guide me!! What should I do next? I am being mentally tortured by the staff! All my hard earned money is going to drains, I am so dipressed, I dont know what to do.
22. Have anybody gone through this before? Please guide me ,will be very oblized .

Thanks,
indiastorehandicrafts
Message 45 of 100
latest reply

technoelektronixs
Community Member
Hi,

Thanks for this oppurtunity. I have not recieved my Paisapay Cheque of high Amount of Aug15th end period.

Normally for a week ending on Tuesday, I used to get the payment by Thursday. However till date I have not received my payment. I have written to eBay's Paisapay support on Monday but got no reply. I again wrote yesterday. On Live Help I am told that I would get a response from the Paisapay dept., but I didn't.

Regards,

Mohit
Message 46 of 100
latest reply

postalindia
Community Member
Dear Sir

Thanks for this opportunity. I am a seller. And two questions regarding International selling.

1. Several International buyers says they dislike to reveal their Credit Card details each and every time they want to make a payment by PaisPay. They all like a PayPal like system for using PaisaPay from abroad.So these people insisting me for list items in eBay.com. So I have stopped listing in ebay.in. Any plan to upgrade the PaisaPay's current facilities ?

2.PayaPal send sellers withdrawal check buy ORDINARY POST to India. I wrote to PayaPal to send the cheque by Express or Singed for post and I will bear the charges. But The reply was that this is the system for India ! The cheque takes 22 days to reach Trivandrum City. And the Cheque send by ordinary mail. Hope that you can imagine what happens to several ordinary postage articles. What about a transfer facility from paypal account to your bank, HDFC, India or any other Indian Banks ?

Thanks

Usha Joyce

Message 47 of 100
latest reply

gops_1679
Community Member
Dear Sir,
Pls treat this as a urgent matter.

This is regarding Item #160020917507(Nokia N80) which I won on 22/08/06.But the seller inspite of me selling several emails to him is not responding in a professional manner.He sent me an invoice on whch payt info was not clear.He is not ready to talk to me, as per the ICICI bank account which he mentions belongs to some other person.The account is already freezed by ICICI bank due to some fraud activities.This seller I think is an fraud, which ebay should take care of.
Seller id is luckyarora84.Expecting a reply from you.
Message 48 of 100
latest reply

evergreenen
Community Member
Dear Ebay team,
Being a super seller i would like to make a few suggestions. First response from ebay support team is very very poor, the only call i receive from them is for promotion and payment of my bill. Super sellers can be given more preference in search pages where the buyer has confidence in purchase. Due to one time sellers on ebay who commit fraud, professional like us are having hard time with buyers especially from india, so there should be rating system based on the score from buyer and seller. More clarity on policies is neccessary. reduction in total fees as listings and sales volumes increase ( slab system ).Ebay is more buyer protected , make it interactive.
thanks
Message 49 of 100
latest reply

manju_68
Community Member
Hi,

I am a member of ebay and have purchased the following product. (250012935416) I have received the product. However it is not full product some offers are not shipped as promised in your product listing.

Today i received a mail from ebay saying that that seller's list is removed due to some reasons. Now how do get the balance material which is not shipped along with the product.

Definitely i have decided not to venture in to on-line purchase from so far.

Manjunath K
Message 50 of 100
latest reply