cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Open House Discussion with Gautam Thakar on Aug 25th (5-6 PM)

sapana@ebay.com
eBay Employee
eBay Employee
Dear Users,

We are pleased to announce the next session of our Open House Program, where users get an opportunity to chat with the eBay India Team.

Join Gautam Thakar, Country Manager – Marketplace, for an online discussion on buying and selling on eBay India.

Gautam will be available on this thread on Thursday, the 25th of August, 2006, from 5:00 PM to 6:00 PM IST, for an interactive discussion with our community members.

You can submit your questions before or during the event by clicking on Post a reply at top of the thread. For help on using the discussion boards, please click here - http://forums.ebay.in/thread.jspa?threadID=300000542.

See you on the 25th at 5:00 PM!

Thanks and Regards,
Sapana,
Community Development Team
Message 1 of 100
latest reply
99 REPLIES 99

bhatias_in1
Community Member
Fake bids and listing fees.

I have been the target of fake bids. The user id's for these fake bids have been blocked by ebay, even before I can respond to any of them.After this I am charged listing fees and other fees for bold etc.

I ask you 2 questions.

1) Do you expect a seller to pay listing fees if the auction is aborted due to a fake bid ?

2) If you have blocked the bidder even before I can contact him, then why do u expect me to pay listing fees.

]:)

Which makes me think that one way to make money would be to block a lot bidders and just collect listing fees from aborted auctions !
Message 31 of 100
latest reply

cosycom
Community Member
Dear Mr. Gautam , Firstly let me thank you for creating a category of LED Displays and Signs after my repeated requests. It has really benefitted to us by providing a special space for our products . So far I have found ebay a nice place to run my business and it is a great experience to interact with customers from diffrent parts of world.

I have another request regarding Paisa pay .It is difficult to maintain records of payments received through paisa pay . you are requested to provide facility at paisa pay which can send us monthly statement of our transactions in details - indicating buyer name , amount recd ,ebay/paisa pay fee charged and amount of payment check issued etc. so that our accountants can easily tally the same.

Similar facility is available at paypal where we can download all this information at our convenience .

I hope you can provide a similar access at paisa pay also .

Thanks and best wishes for ebay.in >>>>it is now looking much better than most ebay sites of other countries.

cosycom
Message 32 of 100
latest reply

snrama
Community Member
Dear Mr. Gautam Thakar,

Its really great to see you at community boards. Lot of thanks for introducing many new sub-categories in all the sections (esspecially in Supplies & Accessories in Coins-Notes category).

1. There was an option called Request Feedback in Baazee days. Though eBay has the feedback remainder, I don't think people will leave them until we give the feedback link.

I have lost around 150-200 positive feedbacks as the buyer faces difficult to understand the system. If I send them a request for feedback manually, they respond through my messeges with positive comments rather than leaving the feedback.

Why can't eBay create Request Feedback option?

2. Why eBay.in is not colourful as before? Many members may stop visiting eBay.

and as Umang said,

3. Direct transfer of PaisaPay amount to sellers bank account has become a dream. ---------------
With Regards,
Navaneeth (snrama) 😉
---------------
With Regards,
Navaneeth (snrama) 😉
Message 33 of 100
latest reply

vishwajitsalvi
Community Member
Dear Mr. Thakar,

I recently purchased an item on ebay. The seller was very proactive till the payment was received through Paisapay. The products I got were of substandard quality. I returned some items back to the seller for replacement as directed by the seller. Till date I have not received the replacement.

In the meantime the seller's registeration was withdrawn from ebay (I do not know the reason). I sent numerous mails and made phone calls without avail. He refused to pick my phone calls nor did he reply to my mails.

What can be done about this issue? What happens to buyers that were dealing with sellers on ebay but now are no longer registered with ebay. Kindly let me know.

Regards,

Vishwajit.
Message 34 of 100
latest reply

kampa_in1
Community Member
Hello,

I am mainly a buyer on Ebay.

My suggestion to you is that the sellers contact phone number should be made available to the buyer after a purchase is made so as to facilitate a smooth transaction. Also Ebay should have a customer service contact phone number along with your highly complicated e-mail feedback system.

Regards,
Junaize
Message 35 of 100
latest reply

rep2me
Community Member
Well it appears to be good idea to get noticed by organizing all these discussions.

I hope, besides that you will address my genuine problem during these discussion.

i have done the payment for one item(Imported Amona Chrono Watch (180004629513) on 10 july 0f 210/- when the bidding was still on.I got the reference number , got the payment details but till date i've not received the item.Now i'm getting the response payment was made after the item was closed, if that is the case how can u keep the bidding still on and accept the payments for the item which was already closed.

I raised the dispute also on 7 aug still i am waiting for reply from other party.Could you pl. tell me now from where should i get my money refunded.

Thanks

Ajay Manchanda
24/08/06
Message 36 of 100
latest reply

saksenad2004
Community Member
hello mr thakar

it was googd to ssee that e bay is organizing talks to make its customers more satisfied.

my questions are ..

1. suppose i have buyed a product and don't recieve in it 7 days what are the options available to me and in this case whom to contact and what guarantee do yu take on yur behalf ?

2. what do we mean by buyer ratings and what are the processes to signify the buyer protection through a specified seller?

3.if i have buyed a product and before confirming a bid it says this item may not ship to yur location..! can negotiations be made from the buyer about this topic?

4.if iam paying for a product using netbanking ...can i assure full security?

looking forward for positive replies
meber (ebay)
anant saksena
Message 37 of 100
latest reply

rgchavan12
Community Member
Sir,
[1]I had bidded for the item no230003544057 and won it for Rs.10800/-on 08.07.2006.I paid the amount on 10.07.2006 by paisa pay.The seller "dheeraj1107" did not send the item at all and ultimately I had to file a Purchase Protection claim (No979251) and Mr.Dylan M.has been nominated as claims Adjuster for my claims. I had faxed all the documents as desired and is awaiting for my claim amount of Rs.10,800/-.Earlier ebay had intimated me that I will be refunded only Rs.9950/- (Rs.10,000/- minus Rs.50/-).My question is why I should be refunded only Rs.9950/- and not the full amount of Rs.10,800/-(minus Rs.50/- for your processing charges).As per ebay Buyers Protection programe I am protected uptill Rs.50,000/-!
I am loosing an amount of Rs.850/ for no fault of mine as I had followed all the policies,terms & conditions of ebay and paid the amount in time to the seller(Paisa pay ID 17222730286).My request is that I should be refunded the whole amount of Rs.10,800/- plus interest.
[20]When a dispute is filed, ebay ask the buyer and seller to solve the dispute by themselves for a particular period of time. why? In my case I had paid the amount in time for the item won and the seller has not send the item at all for which he is agreeing and still ebay wants to settle the dispute among ourselves.why should I beg to the seller to send the item as it is his moral and legal duty to send the item.Ebay knows this and it is the duty of ebay to asked the seller to send the item or refund the amount.Why ask the buyer to 'negotiate' with the seller!The contention of ebay that it is only a forum to bring the buyers and sellers at one place only should be changed as the buyer and seller does not know each other at all. Ebay should not be biased towards the buyers. There are many instances in the past since my joining Baazee (Sept2001)which makes me think that ebay is favouring buyers when a dispute arises.I had already written in the past to ebay and to your surveys recently regarding this aspect.
[2]I cannot contact the seller as no phone no.is given.The seller has just vanished in thin air.I think you should change your policy regarding this aspect.
After the item is won by the buyer the complete address of the seller with his contact no.should be available to the buyer.
[3]Contact no.of ebay should also be given so that we can communicate our problems and ask for advice etc.
[4]Your email system is very complicated.If I want to give reply to particular message in "My messages" there is no button or icon for replying w.r.t. that particular mail making us helpless as we have start once again your complicated system of replying.
[5]Just for my interest may I know for the problem listed at Sl.No.[1],whether you will recover the amount from the seller "dheeraj1107" and how much. Will he be penalised monetarily or just removed from the ebay list?
What legal action ebay will be taking on the seller for not following the ebay terms & conditions?
To keep the faith in ebay system I think all the problems and concerns as above should be addressed quickly.
(Ebay ID:rgchavan12)
Message 38 of 100
latest reply

kishankunal
Community Member
I HAVE RECEIVED A NEGATIVE FEEDBACK FROM A CHEAT SELLER rohit_mob INSPITE OF MAKING THE PAYMENT TO HIM FOR A DEFECTIVE MOBILE SET. CAN YOU TELL ME WHY SHOULD I RECEIVE A NEGATIVE FEEDBACK FROM A CHEAT SELLER AND WHAT ABOUT MY MONEY ???????
Message 39 of 100
latest reply

runalaila_in1
Community Member
Dear Sir ,
I Had The Chance to Come To Ebay Office A Few Months Back.
When I Got Out Of The Airport , I Asked Somebody ... How Do I Reach Worli ?
The Answer Was
You Know This Is Bombay .. Its Soon Reaching A Saturation Point
More And More People Are Buying Cars And Infrastructure Will Crumble ..
The Government Is Sleeping And Blah Blah Blah ...
In His 10 Minute Discourse He Never Directed Me To The Way To Reach Worli ...

----------------

You Know What Many People Especially New Registered Users Think
That When At Times Of Distress ,
They Contact Customer Support Through Web Form For A certain Problem ...
The Root Problem Is Not Answered And Many Other Non Pertaining Issues Are Being Responded
Leaving Many People Frustrated And Confused
Are you Looking For Some Improvements For Your Customer Support Department ?

http://www.stores.ebay.in/hi2k-georgettes

Message 40 of 100
latest reply