New Country Manager Mr Latif Nathani

Hi All Sellers,

From today onwards Mr Latif Nathani is the new country head of eBay India. Muralikrishnan B has stepped down as the country manager. Check eBay news and post your comments about this.
Message 1 of 42
latest reply
41 REPLIES 41

Re: New Country Manager Mr Latif Nathani

Hello

I saw your posts on where you mentioned that you a/c was restricted. I dont see any products now also.

My a/c supertradex12 is also restricted and ebay executives are giving one excuse after other not to remove the restrictions. My a/c is above average with over 99% positive feedbacks . I request your valuable suggestions on this issue. Also if you could send your cell no.

Regds

Message 21 of 42
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

It seems the managers are far away from the smallest issues. Specially when anyone is trying to register itself as a seller. The team under managers move just like a donkey race and no one wants to take initiative to correct the things.

I attempted to register as seller on ebay, but when I was not able to find my bank branch in the list, I contacted customer support. (SR# 1-29544795084)  I then came to know that ebay has never bothered to update the list NEFT supported branch list in last 6 years and is still following a list created in 2008.

If managers at ebay do not have time then I am providing the link from RBI site - http://www.rbi.org.in/scripts/neft.aspx This link has updated branches for NEFT.

Moreover the executives provide with senseless ideas to open a new account in branch which ebay has on its list. They do not realise that many of the branches and even banks have closed down since then. But they will not accept the fact that Ebay doesn't want to change and update.

The best part is that ebay has an escalation matrix. But if you request for a senior or to escalate the matter, everyone hesitates to connect and have a standard answer - Senior is not available. My question is if they are not available then why are they hired in first place? I even tried chat support and everytime i request to connect to grievance officer, the chat was disconnected. Disgusting...!!

All I can say is - Careless and Hopeless management.

Regards,

Sameer Bhatia

+91 9810279195

Message 22 of 42
latest reply

I placed an order with ebay to purchaseHTC desire 816 @ Rs.25200 on 28/06/2014 and the order was dispatched through Bluedart. The order ...was delivered on 30/6/2014. The primary packing of courier was intact but it's internal packing was badly tempered and seal of the box was broken. When I opened the primary packing of the courier, I was shocked to see a deodrant in place of mobile inside the box. I immediately communicated this issue to ebay and ask them to refund my money and they raised a refund claim under ebay guarantee with claim id no. 549530. Since then I am continuously following up with ebay day and night but I didn't get my money back yet. 

Message 23 of 42
latest reply

rorash2013
Community Member

Dear sir, i was regular customer of e-bay before being looted and cheated by you the owner of the company. unable to understand why such a reputed company have taken this way to loot the customer to maximize their profit very ironical. i bought a tablet axus item id -***. when person received it it was defective i lodged a complaint ID ***. they responded like a small child and closed the case only by saying its a job of manufacturer then i just want to know what is the role of e bay and why they are mentioning 100 % satisfaction to customer. if this way goes on you will definitely loose customer base . hoping you to take action and resolve my problem soon so that i will have faith in you and company.

ROUSHAN KUMAR

Message 24 of 42
latest reply

efaiza
Community Member
Welcome Mr Latif Nathani !!
Message 25 of 42
latest reply

48 hours ho gye hai sir ji 

Message 26 of 42
latest reply

Mr. Latif,

I am a sad costomer of ebay.in. I have ordered a mini projector from ebay and got a damaged item. I have returned the item to the seller as per the instructions i have got from ebay. Later ebay has confirmed that the return was successful and i'll be refunded within 12-15 days. I have got this message by 18 August 2014. But even today(10/09/2014) i didn't get any other mail or my money. I have also paid for the return shipment. They told me that they will be providing me with a coupon. But even that hasn't been given. 

Now all that i had is on loss. I need my money back. 

I hope you are the right person to help me.

Message 27 of 42
latest reply

rbor2180
Community Member

Dear Mr. Latif,

Let me describe my horrible experience with Ebay. Prompted by a false and misleading advertisement, i was made to purchase a broken/non-functional PS3 from EBAY. The Broken Ps3 was delivered to my office address. After realising that is non-functional, i raised a claim request. Claim id is 644403.

Now after almost one week of raising the claim, one very impolite ebay executive calls me and informs me that, a reverse pick up can be arranged only within one working day, that too, only from the address to which it was delivered. From the tone of his words, i felt deeply disgusted. The call was made at 6.45 PM, saturday, 12th Sept.

Now, the next 2 days being holidays, how do i arrange for the reverse pick up from office. And what is the logic of pick up with one working day? Having said that, the executive disconnected the phone.

Now i get a mail from Ebay saying that i have to send the shipment back myself and i have send them proof of receipt within 3 days from now. I am out of town for the weekend. How do i ship it when i am out of town. And if i dont send them proof of reverse shipment in 3 days from now, they will reject my claim refund. which means they will take my 13000 Rs for nothing. This is threat and i feel mentally harrassed. I am going to take this matter up with appropriate authorities.

I have made a terrible mistake by purchasing from Ebay.

Regards,

Rituraj Borah

Manager- Digital Marketing @ Impetus, Noida

Message 28 of 42
latest reply

Dear Sir/Madam, I have booked one Mobile NOKIA LUMIA 530 on 11Oct 14 vide ID-37579238825 and not received till today when I contacted to ebay customer they replied that your item is automatically cancelled due to not pickup by courier boy.My suggestion that if u do,not delivered item on time or giving unacceptable region ,you should closed your dhanda and not cheat the peoples.what u can do for this.
Message 29 of 42
latest reply

I am so happy to see this post! It seems that there are not enough voices raised here on Ebay India about the injustices being done to the 'average' Indian who is simply enterprising on a small, but very useful scale by selling on Ebay. 

I had read about corruption within Ebay India, but didn't experience firsthand until I became an Ebay seller myself. For months my number of listings were restricted, even though my Seller performance was rated 'above average'. I would plead with the Appeals department to increase my listing limits, only to receive a robotic reply about regulations, limitations, blah blah blah. The other day I happened across an Ebay Seller listing, and behold...that seller was a 'New' seller, about one month into it, and had more than 38,000 listings! What?!? I am a legitimate seller for several months and cannot get past 50 listings per month allotted to me! Something is terribly wrong within Ebay India. An internal investigation should be done to see why the unfairness is going on. 

There are other issues that should be addressed as well, i.e. the epidemic of bidders who 'buy it now' with no intention of paying. 9.98 times out of 10 if a buyer uses the 'buy it now' option and doesn't pay for it immediately, they are not going to pay for it. There should be a time allowance for the item in the cart to be paid for, say within 24 hours, and if not paid the item should be returned to stock, so that time is not wasted by the seller trying to contact the buyer, then having to file an item not paid claim (wasting Ebay's time), when if a buyer does not pay within 24 hours, return the item back to the seller's inventory to be purchased by someone who intends to pay. 

Another issue, one that is truly annoying and damaging to a Seller - I have gotten negative feedback due to being unable to ship an item on time. The problem is that Ebay's system is not recognizing National Holidays or Sundays and making allowances for those days on the timeframe of a Seller's shipping out an item. 02 - 06 October were Holidays and a weekend, yet NO ALLOWANCE was made for the fact that I absolutely could not ship anything out, but was penalized for it. I requested for an extension of 1 day from the buyer too, No, the buyer said (Unfortunately for me), and when I made an appeal to Ebay...no help at all, just another robotic reply about rules and regulations. 

It would seem that the Indian consumers are conditioned for being cheated, since their attitudes reflect that in how they do business here on Ebay. I have yet to figure out how to get Positive Feedback from them. They will leave Negative comments in a heartbeat. 

One final issue: to be a Seller on Ebay there are steps in proving identity with bank accounts, pan card, etc. ...yet, it would seem that Sellers are penalized from the very beginning with all the limitations put on them. Why can't there be a 30 - 60 day trial for Sellers to prove themselves with their performance BEFORE placing all the restrictions? If a Seller does not meet their deadlines for items shipped, or doesn't have the item in stock at the time of purchases made...etc...then limit or restrict their selling to see if they bring their performance up to par. If not, then by all means, restrict them! But don't start off a Seller with so many restrictions, allow Sellers more listings in the beginning, don't take away privileges unless Seller's performance is bad. 

I hope that Ebay India is revamped in many areas, otherwise, good Sellers will be lost and the Ebay experience will be so bad that buyers will turn to the untold number of other online sellers and platforms. 

Best regards, 

Message 30 of 42
latest reply