New Country Manager Mr Latif Nathani

Hi All Sellers,

From today onwards Mr Latif Nathani is the new country head of eBay India. Muralikrishnan B has stepped down as the country manager. Check eBay news and post your comments about this.
Message 1 of 42
latest reply
41 REPLIES 41

punith1985
Community Member

Hello Latif Nathani,

This Is Punith Am Working in GETIT Infomedia As Sr MIS Coordinater And Sr Report Analyst I and My Issue Is

I Had Payment On 23rd July To purchase Cannon 55mm to 250mm Lens And I checked with the Seller That He is Going to Ship This Product on 29th On 30th i Maid Seller about Shipment he Intiated the refund and he given Reason "due to delay by ebay powership" he isunable to ship the product

When i called to custmer care number on 30th evening that Custmer Care Representive Told He is going to escalate this issue to Concern Dept And i will Get the Product 

Again i connect to chat to confirm tha chat agent told they are refunding my money and she disconnected the Chat and again i connected with the Voice agent Her name is Divya She is not able to resolve my issue and she told she is connecting to her superviser  and after waiting for 10 min she disconnected the call and again i called to voice agent this time its connected to Kunal and he is also not able to resolve my problem and he is suggesting me to contact seller directly insted of ebay and he disconncted suddenly he is not Able to here anything from my side but it done delebaretly 

Seller giving reason for not shipping the order that "due to delay by ebay powership" and ebay guys giving reason thet "product is not available in seller"

My question is

1) why the seller is not able to ship the order 9 days?

2) If Product is not available why seller published in ebay?

3) I need the Product because for same amount am not getting same product from other buyer? 

4) So who is responsible for this for i want to know ?

I want Response as soon as possible From Your side because i am thinking to take leagal action on this before that i want some confirmation 

And one more suggetion please informe your custmer care people we are not begging or something and tell them to respond properly

am attaching chat history  please go through that am very clear from my side that i want that particular product 

Please I will be waiting for Your Response

My Paisa Pay ID 

Thanks and Regards 

Punith J L

Message 11 of 42
latest reply

Hi Its good to know that a New MD is taking charge of eBay India but We don't think that he can change anything without doing following corrections.

1- eBay is currently focussing on Buyers interests not of the Sellers

Proof : eBay does not have any foolproof policy about eBay Guarantee Claims raised by buyers.if you want to return the item even after using it you can get your money back and for this buyer does not need to do anything  instead of providing a Tracking number which is trackeable online on courier website ( Even if buyer returns an empty envelope )

2-  you need to train the claim settlers according to category related issue and should know technical issues related to particular category.

SELLER ID # pctech-computers

Message 12 of 42
latest reply

Sir

Ref : PaisaPay ID 34078946819

With refer the above  reference, we purchased  2 tablets via ebay portal. Actually 1 tablet was not working from day one. As per supplier request I return the material to supplier via bluedart courier.

Still the supplier was not return the material more than 3 months  . It may be treated as on line cheating.

For this issue , I shall go to consumer court along with my all proof.  

I already complain this supplier in grilvalance cell. Pls block these type fraud suppliers. Suppose if you are allow this supplier , It will affect your goodwill in online ecommerce.

So pls help to these case and block these type online fraud sellers. 

Waiting for your replay

____________________________________________________________________________________________

shakthi

Message 13 of 42
latest reply

I quite agree it has happened with me as well

Message 14 of 42
latest reply

To whom it may concern

It is unfortunate that I am writing this letter, in order to file a complaint against your much reputed online shopping website. As opposed to what I assumed my shopping experience with Ebay would be, it was a nightmare.

Here is a list of the trail of events that took place :-

My daughter Pahal Nopani was leaving for the UK on 14th of September and required a new phone at the earliest possible date. So I made a review of phones available online. In case of all other phones, the delivery time was quoted at 6-7 working days, however, in case of eBay, the apple 4S 16Gb was quoted to be delivered within 2 working days.

Not wasting time, I immediately placed the order for the phone on 9th of September. 

Waiting anxiously for the phone to arrive before 14th, my daughter placed numerous calls to eBay on 11th of September, hoping for some good news about the phone's arrival, but contrary to what she was expecting, she was told that the 2 working days was the criteria, where it was supposed to be shipped by the seller and not by ebay. Ebay would still take about 7 working days in total to deliver the phone

I do understand about the whole policy of shipping a product within 7 working days, which normally is practiced by most e-commerce companies, but what I fail to understand was the reason why it was advertised in a way it looked as if it would be shipped in 2 working days. Is competition more important than your reliability? Is it more important to gain all the cash than to provide a good customer experience by providing the customer with accurate information? 

However, as I may state, going with the policies, I knew I had no option but to wait for the phone to arrive, sooner or later. 

I should thereby bring to your notice that the product was not delivered by the seller in the due time that was written. My daughter contacted eBay even after 3 working days had expired, and made them understand her problem.

They said they could have helped had the phone been in their custody, which it was not, as the seller had not shipped the phone by then. My daughter also contacted the seller by all he said was "Yes I will ship it tomorrow". Infuriated, she gave up on the hope of getting her phone on time. It was already 13th of September and my daughter had a flight to catch tomorrow morning. I could not take a chance and hence gave her my wife's phone. 

My daughter had already left on the 14th but the phone hadn't arrived. It finally arrived on the 16th of September. 

Thereafter, my wife started using the phone and I was almost ready to forgive and forget everything that happened, when we discovered that the phone's Wi-Fi didn’t work. The phone had other technical glitches too and it hanged a lot and had Singapore warranty. As such we went to an apple store to get things sorted as the phone was supposingly "within warranty" but to my dismay, they said that was the warranty from the dealer's side, hence they could not help us with it. We again tried contacting eBay about the same, to which they advised us to get directly in touch with the seller and try and solve the issue. We then left a negative feedback for the seller in the eBay website and also contacted the seller regarding the same. The seller reassured us that he would look into the issue. He gave us the option to either replace or refund the product. We opted for a refund, as it was too much for us to bear now. We then received a call for eBay stating that if we wanted a refund, we will have send an email stating "remove it" to ebay. As we thought it is a part of the policy, we did that and to my surprise, my negative comment was removed from the website. I should bring to your notice here that it wasn’t informed to us that this email would lead to the negative comment being removed.

Moreover, since I had already raised a claim about my product not reaching on time earlier, there was no provision of raising a claim about this issue again. Ebay was completely unreachable all this while. We tried contacting them a number of times and sent them innumerable emails. But all they said was to contact the seller and solve the issue. They also gave me the sellers number :-

We tried innumerable times to get in touch with the seller, but he used to either ignore our calls, either his number used to be out of reach, or he used to ask us to call back later. The phone call details would definitely provide a testament to that. 

It was not just me, but my daughter as well as my son who tried to reach him.

Once finally when we got to talk to him, he had agreed to refund the product and asked us to send the product back. However when we asked him to provide a written confirmation of the same, he from then onwards had been dodging our calls and seemed to be playing hide and seek. My daughter infact had sent him a text from UK stating the entire conversation and giving him the email address where he could send the mail. She also had asked about the procedure for the return to which he said that the cost of return( postage) would be borne by ebay. I doubt, however how much of that is true as well.

Every time we got through his call and asked him to send us an email, he found a way to get out of it by either agreeing to send an email but not sending it, or by pretending not to recognise us at all. The seller Hameed kept avoiding our calls on flimsy excuses.

I am sorry to say but this behaviour is something that would arouse suspicion in anyone's mind. Moreover, during all of it we obviously did lose the 30 day ebay guarantee. But when we tried contacting ebay within that period, nothing much was done about it either. 

Finally, I sent the phone through a relative and asked for the refund. At the given address, we were informed that the company had closed down. The person at the desk (we strongly believe it was Hameed himself) offered to buy back the phone @12000.00 saying this iphone without wifi and with Singapore warranty had no value.

As a e-commerce company, I had far more expectations from Ebay than what it delivered. The entire experience has left an impression in my mind that ebay is increasing their business volumes at the cost of faithful online shoppers by offering a convenient platform to crooks.

Since you at ebay have a battery of lawyers to cover yourself legally, we are going to consumer court and the media with all the evidence in my records to recover what is due to us and expose ebay for how they are looting online shoppers in connivance with fly-by-night crooks.

I surely am not going to purchase any more products from a company which cannot hold responsibility for the kind of crooks in the name of sellers it chooses as a medium to sell products on their website. Nor will I ever recommend anyone to purchase products from ebay. I tried cooperating with both Ebay and the seller but I think it only stretched too far and I feel I have paid a huge price for the cooperation that was expected out of me. It was one of the worst online shopping experiences ever. It surely might not cost the company a lot in terms of just a single product but once gone viral, it surely will cost you a lot of your consumers!

Definitely not with best wishes,
Vijay Nopani

Message 15 of 42
latest reply

Vijay This is not problem with seller, actualy Ebay is playtefarm for all person who want sell fraudly and cheat people easyly. You know I bought a shaver 3 months back where I got no working product, no warantee signed and no bill also and after claiming in Ebay guarantee they closed my claim saying that I have never reverted them where they asked documented proof and best part is in mil no where mentioned that where I have to revert.

So I request you to pls dont say cheater for seller actualy its Ebay who are giving good money to che

@pahalnopani wrote:

To whom it may concern

It is unfortunate that I am writing this letter, in order to file a complaint against your much reputed online shopping website. As opposed to what I assumed my shopping experience with Ebay would be, it was a nightmare.

My daughter Pahal Nopani was leaving for the UK on 14th of September and required a new phone at the earliest possible date. So I made a review of phones available online. In case of all other phones, the delivery time was quoted at 6-7 working days, however, in case of eBay, the apple 4S 16Gb was quoted to be delivered within 2 working days.

Not wasting time, I immediately placed the order for the phone on 9th of September. 

Waiting anxiously for the phone to arrive before 14th, my daughter placed numerous calls to eBay on 11th of September, hoping for some good news about the phone's arrival, but contrary to what she was expecting, she was told that the 2 working days was the criteria, where it was supposed to be shipped by the seller and not by ebay. Ebay would still take about 7 working days in total to deliver the phone

I do understand about the whole policy of shipping a product within 7 working days, which normally is practiced by most e-commerce companies, but what I fail to understand was the reason why it was advertised in a way it looked as if it would be shipped in 2 working days. Is competition more important than your reliability? Is it more important to gain all the cash than to provide a good customer experience by providing the customer with accurate information? 

However, as I may state, going with the policies, I knew I had no option but to wait for the phone to arrive, sooner or later. 

I should thereby bring to your notice that the product was not delivered by the seller in the due time that was written. My daughter contacted eBay even after 3 working days had expired, and made them understand her problem.

They said they could have helped had the phone been in their custody, which it was not, as the seller had not shipped the phone by then. My daughter also contacted the seller by all he said was "Yes I will ship it tomorrow". Infuriated, she gave up on the hope of getting her phone on time. It was already 13th of September and my daughter had a flight to catch tomorrow morning. I could not take a chance and hence gave her my wife's phone. 

My daughter had already left on the 14th but the phone hadn't arrived. It finally arrived on the 16th of September. 

Thereafter, my wife started using the phone and I was almost ready to forgive and forget everything that happened, when we discovered that the phone's Wi-Fi didn’t work. The phone had other technical glitches too and it hanged a lot and had Singapore warranty. As such we went to an apple store to get things sorted as the phone was supposingly "within warranty" but to my dismay, they said that was the warranty from the dealer's side, hence they could not help us with it. We again tried contacting eBay about the same, to which they advised us to get directly in touch with the seller and try and solve the issue. We then left a negative feedback for the seller in the eBay website and also contacted the seller regarding the same. The seller reassured us that he would look into the issue. He gave us the option to either replace or refund the product. We opted for a refund, as it was too much for us to bear now. We then received a call for eBay stating that if we wanted a refund, we will have send an email stating "remove it" to ebay. As we thought it is a part of the policy, we did that and to my surprise, my negative comment was removed from the website. I should bring to your notice here that it wasn’t informed to us that this email would lead to the negative comment being removed.

Moreover, since I had already raised a claim about my product not reaching on time earlier, there was no provision of raising a claim about this issue again. Ebay was completely unreachable all this while. We tried contacting them a number of times and sent them innumerable emails. But all they said was to contact the seller and solve the issue. They also gave me the sellers number :-

We tried innumerable times to get in touch with the seller, but he used to either ignore our calls, either his number used to be out of reach, or he used to ask us to call back later. The phone call details would definitely provide a testament to that. 

Once finally when we got to talk to him, he had agreed to refund the product and asked us to send the product back. However when we asked him to provide a written confirmation of the same, he from then onwards had been dodging our calls and seemed to be playing hide and seek. My daughter infact had sent him a text from UK stating the entire conversation and giving him the email address where he could send the mail. She also had asked about the procedure for the return to which he said that the cost of return( postage) would be borne by ebay. I doubt, however how much of that is true as well.

Every time we got through his call and asked him to send us an email, he found a way to get out of it by either agreeing to send an email but not sending it, or by pretending not to recognise us at all. The seller Hameed kept avoiding our calls on flimsy excuses.

I am sorry to say but this behaviour is something that would arouse suspicion in anyone's mind. Moreover, during all of it we obviously did lose the 30 day ebay guarantee. But when we tried contacting ebay within that period, nothing much was done about it either. 

@Finally, I sent the phone through a relative and asked for the refund. At the given address, we were informed that the company had closed down. The person at the desk (we strongly believe it was Hameed himself) offered to buy back the phone @12000.00 saying this iphone without wifi and with Singapore warranty had no value.

As a e-commerce company, I had far more expectations from Ebay than what it delivered. The entire experience has left an impression in my mind that ebay is increasing their business volumes at the cost of faithful online shoppers by offering a convenient platform to crooks.

Since you at ebay have a battery of lawyers to cover yourself legally, we are going to consumer court and the media with all the evidence in my records to recover what is due to us and expose ebay for how they are looting online shoppers in connivance with fly-by-night crooks.

I surely am not going to purchase any more products from a company which cannot hold responsibility for the kind of crooks in the name of sellers it chooses as a medium to sell products on their website. Nor will I ever recommend anyone to purchase products from ebay. I tried cooperating with both Ebay and the seller but I think it only stretched too far and I feel I have paid a huge price for the cooperation that was expected out of me. It was one of the worst online shopping experiences ever. It surely might not cost the company a lot in terms of just a single product but once gone viral, it surely will cost you a lot of your consumers!

Vijay Nopani

@pahalnopani wrote:

To whom it may concern

@Finally, I sent the phone through a relative and asked for the refund. At the given address, we were informed that the company had closed down. The person at the desk (we strongly believe it was Hameed himself) offered to buy back the phone @12000.00 saying this iphone without wifi and with Singapore warranty had no value.

Vijay Nopani

aters.

Message 16 of 42
latest reply

Punith,

I am going througha similar experience albeit for a lesser amount -

Order thru on 27th November'13 with credit card payment,

seller sends a message that delivery on way thru bluedart

after 3 days i get a message that refund initiated as delivery cannot be done

On querry to seller he also regrets and requests me to cancel order as blue dart not supporting delivery

I now get a mesage from ebay that refund is now on hold as inquiry on

Excahnges on chat phone still on..it is now 30 days no progress

Now I have learned to keep Ebay at Bay.

my item ID ***

my claim ID - ***

They have fancy way of clinging to customer money called Ebay Gauarantee ( if you raise a claim in one, god only knows when you will get your money Back)

(Suketu)

@punith1985 wrote:

Hello Latif Nathani,

This Is Punith Am Working in GETIT Infomedia As Sr MIS Coordinater And Sr Report Analyst I and My Issue Is

I Had Payment On 23rd July To purchase Cannon 55mm to 250mm Lens And I checked with the Seller That He is Going to Ship This Product on 29th On 30th i Maid Seller about Shipment he Intiated the refund and he given Reason "due to delay by ebay powership" he isunable to ship the product

When i called to custmer care number on 30th evening that Custmer Care Representive Told He is going to escalate this issue to Concern Dept And i will Get the Product 

Again i connect to chat to confirm tha chat agent told they are refunding my money and she disconnected the Chat and again i connected with the Voice agent Her name is Divya She is not able to resolve my issue and she told she is connecting to her superviser  and after waiting for 10 min she disconnected the call and again i called to voice agent this time its connected to Kunal and he is also not able to resolve my problem and he is suggesting me to contact seller directly insted of ebay and he disconncted suddenly he is not Able to here anything from my side but it done delebaretly 

Seller giving reason for not shipping the order that "due to delay by ebay powership" and ebay guys giving reason thet "product is not available in seller"

My question is

3) I need the Product because for same amount am not getting same product from other buyer? 

I want Response as soon as possible From Your side because i am thinking to take leagal action on this before that i want some confirmation 

And one more suggetion please informe your custmer care people we are not begging or something and tell them to respond properly

am attaching chat history  please go through that am very clear from my side that i want that particular product 

My Paisa Pay ID 

Thanks and Regards 

Punith J L

@punith1985 wrote:

Hello Latif Nathani,

My question is

My Paisa Pay ID 

Thanks and Regards 

Punith J L

Message 17 of 42
latest reply

Just to add to what other buyer has given an opinion, i have faced a similar and worst issue. I fel it was my big mistake to get a product from ebay. I have taken Lenovo S820 on 11-Feb-2014, delivered on 14-Feb-2014. Second day when exploring the phone i found it gets heated up when using Camera. When contacted Ebay they have parrot type scripts to play please visit service center. Nukad wala mobile distributor would give a better service than ebay.

Also to my surprise yesterday i came to knew, while selling product it was mentioned brand new piece and 1 year warranty, but there was a tweak in it warranty for the product I received on 14-Feb was already started on 23-Sep-2013. Which means ebay fools  people by show casing goodies picture and in reality they sell the used / return product.

I am still struggling to get my refund.

There are no senior Authority who can face customer and thats why no where on the website you find proper email address and on call executive its parrot script, as per policy we cannot do anything.

ebay is not at all Buyer/Consumer friendly, rather there processes are all in favour of Seller/Distributor. There are too good online portal like homeshop18 where i had reported a issue and in 48 hours issue was address and i was compensated and replaced with the products.

Regards

Dharmesh

Message 18 of 42
latest reply

I have been cheated by one of your vendors. A fake Microsoft Office professional 2010 Plus was sold as Original and it turned out to be a software downloaded from utorrent. Ebay guarantee rejected my claim on the grounds that it is more than 30 day old. The Vendor contacted me on ebay and promised to send me a cheque and a DVD. I refused ot take the DVD and advised him to send the cheque. He sent a cheque that will not honour since the account is not in operation. The Vendor *** is a fraud. Ebay protects the sellers more than the buyers, but remember if all the buyers turn away from ebay, whom will you sell to . I was a regular ebay buyer but this is my last transaction on ebay.

Ebay is hand in glove with such fraudulent sellers and it is risky to do transactions on ebay.

Message 19 of 42
latest reply

Dear Sir,

We wish to inform you that I have received wrong material(mobile Battery) as mention in my order Item No. ***, although I am sending the photo copy of battery and bills in attached file. I have already inform you though customer care to your executive for the issue. he had also provide us the compliant no- ***paisa pay id-*** on dated 8/05/2014. but I am regret to inform you that no action is taken by your team. kindly you are advise to solve my issue as soon as possible.

Regards

Rajesh Kumar Pandey

Message 20 of 42
latest reply