NOTICE - Be careful, everybody

ratan.trade
Community Member

Internet is the most popular tool for scammers nowadays; here are some common ways to cheat buyers in Online Trading.

Scammers here referred to any company or individual businessman who did not registered themselves with local government authorities in India, your business will not be protected by Indian government in case you deal with illegal sellers as individuals / companies. That is why you have to check out their entity identification before participation in trade with them.

:_|
1) Always Deal With Premium Sellers:

Yes, this is very important. Look everybody wants to make quick money. And in this age of scammers Famous B2B or B2C portals like EBAY etc provide the ideal hunting ground for people who want to make money without spending any. Always make sure your Seller is honest and genuine Supplier, more preferably a Power Seller [Prefer 2 or more years]. This does not guarantee risk free transactions but it reduces the chances of fraud.

2) Study the Seller's Profile

Make sure the seller you are dealing with, is an active user of EBAY with good trade record and has a complete profile. By that I mean he has a detailed introduction of his company / entity along with contact numbers and addresses. Also make sure he has professionally presented his credentials as a seller. Serious Sellers always work hard on the presentation of business identificatin.

3) Look for References

Ask the Seller for other Buyers he has worked with. Ask him for at least 3-4 online references that can endorse his credibility as a seller. Once he gives you some references, make sure you get in touch with them and ask for the details of their deals especially the modes of payment they adopted. Look Feedbacks but do not trust 100%.

4) Ask the EBAY OFFICIALS / EXPERTS

Yes, you can do that as well. Ask the fraud departments of EBAY to give you their view of the credibility of the seller. If EBAY also charge for this but it is worth spending a little money to avoid any major loss. You may also browse different trading forums and ask the users about the seller.

5) Safety of Payment

PAISAPAY is the safest mode of payment for big payment at EBAY.IN. Make sure you adopt it. However, IF it is not always possible to work that way. So make sure you pay through cheque or some third party online services like PAYPAL etc. Never send payments directly to new seller through Direct Money Transfer Services / Demand Draft.

6) Avoid Big Deals Initially

Never go for a huge transaction straight away. Especially, with new sellers. If possible, break your order into smaller segments. This might increase the cost of shipping and time to some extent but it reduces the risk considerably. However, with familiar seller you may go for bigger deals but be careful while doing that as well. These were some steps that I learnt in online trading and recommend people to consider while Trading Online. There are a few more tricks but I would leave that for some other time.

NOTE- PLEASE DONT MAKE ALWAYS EBAY RESPONSIBLE IF YOU GOT SCAMMED ALL THE TIMES. BECAUSE LIKE YOU THERE ARE MANY NUMBERS OF MEMBER HERE FREE OR PAID. AND NO ONE CAN VERIFY THE NATURE OF THE CLIENT / COMPANY /SELLER / BUYER.

FOR EXAMPLE JUST THINK YOURSELF CAN YOU TELL YOUR WHICH FRIEND CAN CHEAT YOU IN NEAR FUTURE?????

FEW SELLERS SHOWS FAKE DEEDS WHILE OBTAINING MEMBERSHIP, AND AFTER GETTING POWER MARK ON IT, START SCAMMING.

USE YOUR MIND NOT HEART ITS ALL ABOUT BUSINESS DEAR FRIENDS, AND NOTE BUYERS ARE FREE MEMBERS 100%, YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE IF YOU GOT SCAMMED.

EBAY IS JUST A PLATFORM, AND YOU HAVE TO BOARD THE FLIGHT SAFELY BY YOURURSELF.

:-):-(]:):_|:| RATAN.TRADE
RATAN.TRADE
Message 1 of 76
latest reply
75 REPLIES 75

mobile-phones-etc
Community Member
@All,
do you think it will be possible for any one to buy on these basis. I mean buyer asking so irrelevant questions?

Imagine an offline situation:

1) You go to a physical store location, and ask the sales man to give references for few customers before you could buy. Hez gonna throw us out of the store.

2) You got a physical store location and tell the sales man/owner of the shop "I am gonna send some one to visit your office" then i will decide whether to buy or not. Outcome: thrown out again by the store.

3) I tell the physical store guy, i am not feeling safe. Outcome: he will pack the phone back and ask me to leave.

4) Physical store has an offer, where they are selling phones at unbeatable price and I am sitting at home thinking "its believable price - Hence they are selling fake"
Outcome: I miss a super hot deal.

@RATAN SIR,
All i want to convey is, Greed (dishonesty) has nothing to do with any one in person and it doesn't have a fix characteristics.Its Characteristics changes from situation to situation and person to person.

BTW, same is with Honesty. Every person has a their own ways to express honesty and dishonesty.

We cannot define either of them in some fixed characteristic.

Can guarantee by following your suggested steps I will not be scammed? Or can you guarantee by not following your suggested steps i will be scammed?

I end this communication here. buy genuine mobiles at unbeatable price.
http://stores.shop.ebay.in/Mobile-Phones-ETC

Change is state of mind..but inevitable.
buy genuine mobiles at unbeatable price.

Message 21 of 76
latest reply

ratan.trade
Community Member
@linusstudio: I appreciate your comment was from well matured thoughts to the subject under discussion, particularly the mathematical propositions. I do not have solutions but to continue the discussion I try to explain few of your points:
1- Always deal with Power seller. โ€“
I understand to extent the formulation of Power Seller from you. In my post, I was not at all restricted to power seller only. I narrated in point 1 & 2 that
Always make sure your Seller is honest and genuine Supplier, more preferably a Power Seller [Prefer 2 or more years]. This does not guarantee risk free transactions but it reduces the chances of fraud.

Make sure the seller you are dealing with, is an active user of EBAY with good trade record and has a complete profile. By that I mean he has a detailed introduction of his company / entity along with contact numbers and addresses. Also make sure he has professionally presented his credentials as a seller. Serious Sellers always work hard on the presentation of business identification
UNQUOTE

I was not focused and limited up to power seller only.
Example, I have completed one trade with you; it was very fair from your end. But unable to understand why you restrict you self to leave feedback for buyer? No matter positive or negative.

2- I differ from you that credential- eBay's feedback system is best. There are reasons for difference from you:
Read my previous to this post, how my negative feedback was removed by EBAY court? The sellerโ€™s explanation should be forwarded to buyer. In that event how can one depend upon 100% on feedbacks?
3- Fraud departments of EBAY" should offer open service to endorse like credibility check to both seller and buyer. But in my two transactions I had consulted to eBAY before making the payment, indeed they advised me and I endorse.

4- "Have not its own domain name website, only have an Ebay.in sub-domain website;" โ€“ True to extend to trade. There have to have business profile website of seller and it is not at all the costly affair. I was not suggested at all for ecommerce portal for trade.
The ebay is well internationally established brand among the traders, one should not go for individual ecommerce portal rather using the ebay portal.

These are my own opinions; on conflict event please do not take up to personal.
Regards RATAN.TRADE
RATAN.TRADE
Message 22 of 76
latest reply

ratan.trade
Community Member
@Mobile-Phones-ETC:
I have not closed yet.

I will continue tomorrow again.
Thanks RATAN.TRADE
RATAN.TRADE
Message 23 of 76
latest reply

Is this a serious discussion or a joke?
Message 24 of 76
latest reply

How about asking the sellers to submit their finger prints, DNA report and Police Clearance Certificate with every shipment?
Message 25 of 76
latest reply

mobile-phones-etc
Community Member
lol@health. you got it right mate. buy genuine mobiles at unbeatable price.

buy genuine mobiles at unbeatable price.

Message 26 of 76
latest reply

I m serious. eBay should tie up with some agency who can provide the finger print and DNA tests to eBay sellers at a reasonable cost.
Message 27 of 76
latest reply

@health.planet (mustafa)

nice joke finger prints, DNA report and Police Clearance Certificate

what the use of this can u explain
wat the buyer will do with it
Message 28 of 76
latest reply

@ratan.trade

Trust me, there have been 3 instances including the latest scam paisapay didnt return the money.

First incident, where the seller shipped an incorrect product, I wanted him to collect the same. Ebay could not give a commitment of refunding the return shipment and I never got the refund and the incorrect item still lie in my cupboard packed for shipment and the seller is no more associated on ebay

Second, I purchased an LCD panel for my laptop from GEB, they shipped a duplicate product. Despite returning the product, never got the refund. Ebay closed the SNAD case (as I could not open the paisapay refund case due to seller insisting to resolve by himself).

Third, I personally know this seller scammed us of Rs.50K and I am sure the actual number could be many fold. Despite reporting to trust and safety and claiming paisapay refund, they awarded the money to seller despite PROVED incorrect shipping info by TWO of the buyers who are in ebay for 8 years and have purchased 10s of products till date. Due to my negative rating, one of the IDs of this seller is blocked for further selling (because of which he called, abused and threatened me), however he keeps creating multiple IDs till date, relisting the same sold items and knows EXACTLY HOW TO FOOL EBAY AND EBAYERS through scams. He promised to REWARD me if I catch hold of him or get a refund! This proves he KNOWS WELL HOW TO FOOL EBAY or has INSIDERS LIKE ANIKET who will do the favor for him.
Message 29 of 76
latest reply

ratan.trade
Community Member
@Mobile-Phones-ETC:
You must be aware of monke(y)/(ies) is / are the ancostor of humanbeing / mammal. It seems ture here. But the monkeies class of mammal having few features under developed compare to human class of mammal.

Explanation:
What is the basic charater of money class?
They always Jump and Jump ........ go on. They forget every thing except the jumping habit.

What i observed in diascussion from you that you are fixed with one word @lol and rest you forgot whatever you said during discussion.

Based you comments i asked few explanation from you that was from your comments. You forgot to address those.

Fine explain the @lol @offline @online.

I will join you again today evening. Bye.

Ineed i will takeup few others comments in evening today. Leaving now few urgent work.

Hope your some respose in line of discussion nor @lol.

Discussion is not @lol. You are realy intersting man!

Thanks RATAN.TRADE
RATAN.TRADE
Message 30 of 76
latest reply