NOTICE - Be careful, everybody

ratan.trade
Community Member

Internet is the most popular tool for scammers nowadays; here are some common ways to cheat buyers in Online Trading.

Scammers here referred to any company or individual businessman who did not registered themselves with local government authorities in India, your business will not be protected by Indian government in case you deal with illegal sellers as individuals / companies. That is why you have to check out their entity identification before participation in trade with them.

:_|
1) Always Deal With Premium Sellers:

Yes, this is very important. Look everybody wants to make quick money. And in this age of scammers Famous B2B or B2C portals like EBAY etc provide the ideal hunting ground for people who want to make money without spending any. Always make sure your Seller is honest and genuine Supplier, more preferably a Power Seller [Prefer 2 or more years]. This does not guarantee risk free transactions but it reduces the chances of fraud.

2) Study the Seller's Profile

Make sure the seller you are dealing with, is an active user of EBAY with good trade record and has a complete profile. By that I mean he has a detailed introduction of his company / entity along with contact numbers and addresses. Also make sure he has professionally presented his credentials as a seller. Serious Sellers always work hard on the presentation of business identificatin.

3) Look for References

Ask the Seller for other Buyers he has worked with. Ask him for at least 3-4 online references that can endorse his credibility as a seller. Once he gives you some references, make sure you get in touch with them and ask for the details of their deals especially the modes of payment they adopted. Look Feedbacks but do not trust 100%.

4) Ask the EBAY OFFICIALS / EXPERTS

Yes, you can do that as well. Ask the fraud departments of EBAY to give you their view of the credibility of the seller. If EBAY also charge for this but it is worth spending a little money to avoid any major loss. You may also browse different trading forums and ask the users about the seller.

5) Safety of Payment

PAISAPAY is the safest mode of payment for big payment at EBAY.IN. Make sure you adopt it. However, IF it is not always possible to work that way. So make sure you pay through cheque or some third party online services like PAYPAL etc. Never send payments directly to new seller through Direct Money Transfer Services / Demand Draft.

6) Avoid Big Deals Initially

Never go for a huge transaction straight away. Especially, with new sellers. If possible, break your order into smaller segments. This might increase the cost of shipping and time to some extent but it reduces the risk considerably. However, with familiar seller you may go for bigger deals but be careful while doing that as well. These were some steps that I learnt in online trading and recommend people to consider while Trading Online. There are a few more tricks but I would leave that for some other time.

NOTE- PLEASE DONT MAKE ALWAYS EBAY RESPONSIBLE IF YOU GOT SCAMMED ALL THE TIMES. BECAUSE LIKE YOU THERE ARE MANY NUMBERS OF MEMBER HERE FREE OR PAID. AND NO ONE CAN VERIFY THE NATURE OF THE CLIENT / COMPANY /SELLER / BUYER.

FOR EXAMPLE JUST THINK YOURSELF CAN YOU TELL YOUR WHICH FRIEND CAN CHEAT YOU IN NEAR FUTURE?????

FEW SELLERS SHOWS FAKE DEEDS WHILE OBTAINING MEMBERSHIP, AND AFTER GETTING POWER MARK ON IT, START SCAMMING.

USE YOUR MIND NOT HEART ITS ALL ABOUT BUSINESS DEAR FRIENDS, AND NOTE BUYERS ARE FREE MEMBERS 100%, YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE IF YOU GOT SCAMMED.

EBAY IS JUST A PLATFORM, AND YOU HAVE TO BOARD THE FLIGHT SAFELY BY YOURURSELF.

:-):-(]:):_|:| RATAN.TRADE
RATAN.TRADE
Message 1 of 76
latest reply
75 REPLIES 75

mobile-phones-etc
Community Member
@ratan,
You seem to forget basic etiquette of discussing in public forums. Goes good with your back ground and reflects exactly what sort of schooling you have been through and have gone down to an extent of insulting others.

Well that really doesn't excite me much to be honest. I go through people of your types almost every day, who whine about almost every little thing and when not heard, start making personal remarks.

About not commenting on your comments, i don't think it is worthy enough for my comments. cuz you repeating same thing again and again without proving any point. buy genuine mobiles at unbeatable price.
http://stores.shop.ebay.in/Mobile-Phones-ETC

Change is state of mind..but inevitable.
buy genuine mobiles at unbeatable price.

Message 31 of 76
latest reply

mobile-phones-etc
Community Member
@ratan,
and please for GOD's sake, check your spells. at least google it before typing it here for others convenience. buy genuine mobiles at unbeatable price.

Message 32 of 76
latest reply

mobile-phones-etc
Community Member
@ratan,
i just find out, you are craving for attention baby. poor you, no one is bothered with your B.S.

@all, please help our honorable guest Mr. Ratan, (share holder of eBay, knowing the owners personally - like they have rounds of drinks every day together) give him some attention all please. buy genuine mobiles at unbeatable price.

Message 33 of 76
latest reply

anandxyz
Community Member
i bought a telescope from a seller is mumbabi based he sent the item from unknown courier company i am living in south Delhi now this pathetic courier company saying that they cant deliver this item to me i have to pick up from there office well i am not living in remote area yet they are asking me to pick it from there office item weight is 7 kg this courier company office is far way from from house i have to spent at least 150 rupees just to pick the item what should i do seller has chosen this unknown company please advice me
Message 34 of 76
latest reply

linusstudios
Community Member
@ ratan.trade & mobile-phones-etc

I have had numerous buyers! Over 2500 in this sort span of one year which completed just in 22nd August. I did over 1000 transactions. I know this is very small or should say negligible if compared to the entire e-commerce world.

But still I learned just one thing in this one year, that it is "not rules, not regulations nor some points to be careful" which make a transaction safe and successful on eBay. It is a little common sense and good understanding of the system you are dealing in i.e. eBay.

I have a humble request please move private discussions to private channels. Forum is a means to discuss public issues and ideas. If anyone has personal remarks please make it personally.

I request again not to post anything on this post now which can add more fuel to the already uncontrolled fire.

Ya, one more thing there are a couple of bugs in the eBay system. eg- we are not able to close unpaid item cases for which payment has been received. also for some transactions feedbacks are not being left inspite of us processing through sales manager. I hope our customers will understand and co-operate accordingly.
Message 35 of 76
latest reply

snrama
Community Member
Hi All,

There is Buyer Protection Program from eBay in which buyers can feel free to purchase the product.

The buyer should consider only the seller reputation over feedbacks and the recognition the seller has got for his/her company name. ---------------
With Regards,
Navaneeth (snrama) ๐Ÿ˜‰
---------------
With Regards,
Navaneeth (snrama) ๐Ÿ˜‰
Message 36 of 76
latest reply

ratan.trade
Community Member
DNA TEST, Wonerful Suggetion:

I m serious. eBay should tie up with some agency who can provide the finger print and DNA tests to eBay sellers at a reasonable cost.
UNQUOTE

Think over, If someone will innovate such tehnology, which enable us to prepare the DNA test for the non-living thing, like seller ...........

I my view seller is a cobmination of brand, thoughts, vision, policies, Guidelines, Regulations and compliance ............

Still this technology not invented. Wait for this revolution. RATAN.TRADE
RATAN.TRADE
Message 37 of 76
latest reply

ratan.trade
Community Member
@linusstudio:
Comment No:34

I do agree with you. Discussion only upto discussion to the subject!

Thanks RATAN.TRADE
RATAN.TRADE
Message 38 of 76
latest reply

mobile-phones-etc
Community Member
@all,
On top of that, DO NOT FORGET "A SELLER IS ALSO A HUMAN BEING" ALL S/HE IS DOING IS SELLING HIS/HER PRODUCT. SELLERS LIKE BUYERS LIKE ANY OTHER HUMAN BEING ARE GOOD AND BAD.

FEW EXCEPTIONS ARE ALWAYS THERE.

We as sellers do get bad buyers as well, so should we have DNA Tests and certain guidelines for buyers also? What I want to convey is, any system you put in place should be unbiased and applicable to both buyers and sellers. If there should be certain set of parameters for selecting Good Sellers, there should be equal set of parameters for sellers also to select good buyers. But no, we cannot give negative (forget about getting it removed from CC) we cannot open BSD (buyer significantly dishonest) lol@BSD.

make it a level playing field, I assure all; that All dishonest buyers and sellers will vanish. Applying policies just for sellers will only make this worse. buy genuine mobiles at unbeatable price.

Message 39 of 76
latest reply

ratan.trade
Community Member
@Mobile-Phones-ETC:

on conflict event, please do not take up to personal.

Your comment No: 03
hope that what you do while buying offline as well.
How about this: do not buy online at all.
What reference you are talking about? Canโ€™t you check sellersโ€™ feedback profile?

Do not make useless postings.

Answer (1) : (Highlighted Line Above):
The entity identification checks not offline process. Otherwise, how do you rate most authenticated and reliable MCA & IT online compliance Portals, Offline or Online? You can find all the documentary evidences of all entities particular seller. One seller entity can exempt from trade license compliance to start operation, because the entity is in online trade only.
Read my point no 3. Indeed buyers should not trust 100% on feedback. Probably, 90% -VE feedbacks removed, once EBAY court enforces power in justification of fate through voting mechanism. You must be aware of the fact data more than me.
Rest lines / points are unprecedented.

Your comment No: 07
lol i thought you are eBay shareholder. Stop flooding the forums with your posts. Thats my concern. You put a point, we noted. your role is finished. Now stop flooding the forum.

Answer (2): (Highlighted Line Above):
Yes, I am a shareholder of EBAY. Recall, once you had suggested me to read all EBAY Policy. Indeed read those and learnt lots of points but there was no such restriction described that shareholder of EBAY to participate the forum.

Entire statement is unprecedented.

Will you explain @lol ?

Your comment No: 09
Refer at place (Long)

Answer (3): Refer My Answer (1) and
I appreciate your intent and essence of the comment. You are one of the most active member of eBAY. I advise yuou to suggest all those points to eBAY administration, if they will adopt your suggestions. Indeed eBAY will heaven for both seller and buyer.

Your comment No: 12
thought its a free country and we have right to express our views. I just want to make buyers bit cautious nothing else. just some "EXTRA PRECAUTION" buyers can take.
Nothing personal.

Answer (4): Agree with you extent to your statement.

Your comment No: 12 & 13
Just thinking,
does an eBay partner (share holder) has this much time to keep updating their post?

Answer (5): I think you have some misconception about the shareholder of the company and partner. There are heal and heaven difference between PARTNER and SHAREHOLDER. I suggest read the definition of shareholder of company in of book of Companies Law.

Your comment No: 20
do you think it will be possible for any one to buy on these basis. I mean buyer asking so irrelevant questions?

Imagine an offline situation:

1) You go to a physical store location, and ask the sales man to give references for few customers before you could buy. Hez gonna throw us out of the store.

2) You got a physical store location and tell the sales man/owner of the shop "I am gonna send some one to visit your office" then i will decide whether to buy or not. Outcome: thrown out again by the store.

3) I tell the physical store guy, i am not feeling safe. Outcome: he will pack the phone back and ask me to leave.

4) Physical store has an offer, where they are selling phones at unbeatable price and I am sitting at home thinking "its believable price - Hence they are selling fake"
Outcome: I miss a super hot deal.

@RATAN SIR,
All i want to convey is, Greed (dishonesty) has nothing to do with any one in person and it doesn't have a fix characteristics. Its Characteristics changes from situation to situation and person to person.

BTW, same is with Honesty. Every person has a their own ways to express honesty and dishonesty.

We cannot define either of them in some fixed characteristic.

Can guarantee by following your suggested steps I will not be scammed? Or can you guarantee by not following your suggested steps i will be scammed?

I end this communication here.

Answer (6): I can see your frustrations above, read the post coolly
Anyway read my note of the post and Answer (1)
NOTE- PLEASE DONT MAKE ALWAYS EBAY RESPONSIBLE IF YOU GOT SCAMMED ALL THE TIMES. BECAUSE LIKE YOU THERE ARE MANY NUMBERS OF MEMBER HERE FREE OR PAID. AND NO ONE CAN VERIFY THE NATURE OF THE CLIENT / COMPANY /SELLER / BUYER.

FOR EXAMPLE JUST THINK YOURSELF CAN YOU TELL YOUR WHICH FRIEND CAN CHEAT YOU IN NEAR FUTURE?????

FEW SELLERS SHOWS FAKE DEEDS WHILE OBTAINING MEMBERSHIP, AND AFTER GETTING POWER MARK ON IT, START SCAMMING.

USE YOUR MIND NOT HEART ITS ALL ABOUT BUSINESS DEAR FRIENDS, AND NOTE BUYERS ARE FREE MEMBERS 100%, YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE IF YOU GOT SCAMMED.

EBAY IS JUST A PLATFORM, AND YOU HAVE TO BOARD THE FLIGHT SAFELY BY YOURURSELF.

Your comment No: 25
lol@health.You got it right mate.

Answer (7):
Entire statement is unprecedented.
Will you explain @lol ?

Your comment No: 27
@health.planet (mustafa)
nice joke finger prints, DNA report and Police Clearance Certificate
what the use of this can u explain
wat the buyer will do with it

Answer (8):
Ultimate Efforts! to craving the direction of discussion.
Your comment No: 30
@ratan,
You seem to forget basic etiquette of discussing in public forums. Goes good with your back ground and reflects exactly what sort of schooling you have been through and have gone down to an extent of insulting others.

Well that really doesn't excite me much to be honest. I go through people of your types almost every day, who whine about almost every little thing and when not heard, start making personal remarks.

About not commenting on your comments, i don't think it is worthy enough for my comments. cuz you repeating same thing again and again without proving any point.

Answer (9):
Your, Excitement, Overconfidence and anger! Leaving Highlighted, Rest Entire statement is unprecedented.
Will you put which I have repeated?

Your comment No: 31
and please for GOD's sake, check your spells. at least google it before typing it here for others convenience.
Answer (10): Good Suggestion. I will

Your comment No: 32
i just find out, you are craving for attention baby. poor you, no one is bothered with your B.S.

@all, please help our honorable guest Mr. Ratan, (share holder of eBay, knowing the owners personally - like they have rounds of drinks every day together) give him some attention all please.
Answer (11): Again overconfidence and misconception.

Thanks RATAN.TRADE
RATAN.TRADE
Message 40 of 76
latest reply