NOTICE - Be careful, everybody

ratan.trade
Community Member

Internet is the most popular tool for scammers nowadays; here are some common ways to cheat buyers in Online Trading.

Scammers here referred to any company or individual businessman who did not registered themselves with local government authorities in India, your business will not be protected by Indian government in case you deal with illegal sellers as individuals / companies. That is why you have to check out their entity identification before participation in trade with them.

:_|
1) Always Deal With Premium Sellers:

Yes, this is very important. Look everybody wants to make quick money. And in this age of scammers Famous B2B or B2C portals like EBAY etc provide the ideal hunting ground for people who want to make money without spending any. Always make sure your Seller is honest and genuine Supplier, more preferably a Power Seller [Prefer 2 or more years]. This does not guarantee risk free transactions but it reduces the chances of fraud.

2) Study the Seller's Profile

Make sure the seller you are dealing with, is an active user of EBAY with good trade record and has a complete profile. By that I mean he has a detailed introduction of his company / entity along with contact numbers and addresses. Also make sure he has professionally presented his credentials as a seller. Serious Sellers always work hard on the presentation of business identificatin.

3) Look for References

Ask the Seller for other Buyers he has worked with. Ask him for at least 3-4 online references that can endorse his credibility as a seller. Once he gives you some references, make sure you get in touch with them and ask for the details of their deals especially the modes of payment they adopted. Look Feedbacks but do not trust 100%.

4) Ask the EBAY OFFICIALS / EXPERTS

Yes, you can do that as well. Ask the fraud departments of EBAY to give you their view of the credibility of the seller. If EBAY also charge for this but it is worth spending a little money to avoid any major loss. You may also browse different trading forums and ask the users about the seller.

5) Safety of Payment

PAISAPAY is the safest mode of payment for big payment at EBAY.IN. Make sure you adopt it. However, IF it is not always possible to work that way. So make sure you pay through cheque or some third party online services like PAYPAL etc. Never send payments directly to new seller through Direct Money Transfer Services / Demand Draft.

6) Avoid Big Deals Initially

Never go for a huge transaction straight away. Especially, with new sellers. If possible, break your order into smaller segments. This might increase the cost of shipping and time to some extent but it reduces the risk considerably. However, with familiar seller you may go for bigger deals but be careful while doing that as well. These were some steps that I learnt in online trading and recommend people to consider while Trading Online. There are a few more tricks but I would leave that for some other time.

NOTE- PLEASE DONT MAKE ALWAYS EBAY RESPONSIBLE IF YOU GOT SCAMMED ALL THE TIMES. BECAUSE LIKE YOU THERE ARE MANY NUMBERS OF MEMBER HERE FREE OR PAID. AND NO ONE CAN VERIFY THE NATURE OF THE CLIENT / COMPANY /SELLER / BUYER.

FOR EXAMPLE JUST THINK YOURSELF CAN YOU TELL YOUR WHICH FRIEND CAN CHEAT YOU IN NEAR FUTURE?????

FEW SELLERS SHOWS FAKE DEEDS WHILE OBTAINING MEMBERSHIP, AND AFTER GETTING POWER MARK ON IT, START SCAMMING.

USE YOUR MIND NOT HEART ITS ALL ABOUT BUSINESS DEAR FRIENDS, AND NOTE BUYERS ARE FREE MEMBERS 100%, YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE IF YOU GOT SCAMMED.

EBAY IS JUST A PLATFORM, AND YOU HAVE TO BOARD THE FLIGHT SAFELY BY YOURURSELF.

:-):-(]:):_|:| RATAN.TRADE
RATAN.TRADE
Message 1 of 76
latest reply
75 REPLIES 75

ratan.trade
Community Member
DO NOT Trust the sellers with following features:

1) Have not its own domain name website, only have an Ebay.IN sub-domain website;

2) The seller's just have a mobile phone number, like +91-xxxxxxxxxx. They donโ€™t have any landline or fax.

3) The seller website don't have detail office address etc.,

4) posted thousands of products in ebay.in and that its price is very cheap;

5) Selling famous brand, please notice all famous brand is hard to ship to oversea if don't have the export license and vise-versa;

6) Ask the seller tell you its office's address, say โ€œyou will assign some one to visit his/her officeโ€, check what he /she say;

7) Trust your first feeling, if you don't feel safe, and then give up this seller.

WISH YOU SAFE TRADE
REGARDS RATAN.TRADE
RATAN.TRADE
Message 2 of 76
latest reply

mobile-phones-etc
Community Member
@ratan,
hope thats what you do while buying offline as well.
how about this: do not buy online at all.

what reference you are talking about? can't you check sellers feedback profile?

do not make useless postings. buy genuine mobiles at unbeatable price.
http://stores.shop.ebay.in/Mobile-Phones-ETC

Change is state of mind..but inevitable.
buy genuine mobiles at unbeatable price.

Message 3 of 76
latest reply

I never did out of ebay transaction and always paid through paypal/paisapay. However latest incidents in the last 2 years have made me realize that while paisapay looks good on paper, it is practically quite unsafe as compared to paypal as I have witnessed 3 incidents of paisapay NOT refunding my money despite establishing seller's fault.

Latest incident where "genuine.buy" (registed on 28th June 2010) sold a second hand mobile with bill which never reached me. Despite informing ebay of the incorrect shipping info (several times, including Trust and Safety team). Ebay did not find any issue with those and went ahead awarding money to seller when he (might have) produced delivery slip of that fake shipment which has invalid tracking number! They did not bother to call the courier company to validate the proof and instead took 45 days to reject the claim.

The delays paisapay made denied me putting a fresh SNAD claim (original SNAD claim for this item was raised on 17th July after seller confirmed himself to be a fraud and that he will never ship or refund the amount). Ebay closed the original SNAD claim and now not allowing me to raise a fresh claim as the item is more than 45 days old. This is certainly an organized approach of ebay which is ensuring that I do not get the money back (3rd time in a row) when they themself delay the matter for no apparent reason and despite multiple followup's never update you in those 45 to 90 days.

My last paisapay claim with GEB where I returned the item (and GEB confirmed receipt of return shipment) was never refunded and ebay closed the SNAD case automatically and I NEVER got any update at the time of closure or later when I am following up till date (except for promises of call backs from senior managers).
Message 4 of 76
latest reply

ratan.trade
Community Member
@Mobile-Phones-ETC:

Have eBAY has given you authority to decide the fate of thread and to justify which one is useful or useless?

Why this thead is paining you?

Only one line of yours make some sence
can't you check sellers feedback profile?
UNQUOTE
SEE POINT NO 3.

One suggetion, try to understand the subject before comment into.

What? your sell is in down treand?

Take Care RATAN.TRADE
RATAN.TRADE
Message 5 of 76
latest reply

ratan.trade
Community Member
@pranshudubey:

Your text suprised me.I think paisapay and paypal are the safest mode of payments among all available options at ebay.

In my case, I got the refunds in two case where sellers had defaulted.

Be careful and take care RATAN.TRADE
RATAN.TRADE
Message 6 of 76
latest reply

ratan.trade
Community Member
@Mobile-Phones-ETC:
One more suggetion.

Why don't you some useful thing? RATAN.TRADE
RATAN.TRADE
Message 7 of 76
latest reply

mobile-phones-etc
Community Member
@ratan,
lol i thought you are eBay shareholder. stop flooding the forums with your posts. thats my concern. you put a point, we noted. your role is finished. Now stop flooding the forum. buy genuine mobiles at unbeatable price.

Message 8 of 76
latest reply

linusstudios
Community Member
@ ratan.trade- really good work and some points which have to be taken care of in shopping online. But I have a few doubts regarding some of them-

1- Always deal with Power seller. -

Currently Power Seller Policies are such that it is very difficult for a average to v-good seller to get it. Count and % both for low DSR has to be maintained... eg- for items as described my percentage is below 1% but count is 8 wherein it can be not more than 3(for 3 months) so I am not a Power Seller. Earlier it used to be either of 2 but now it has to be both. My avg transactions for 3 months are about 500. So I should maintain not more than 0.6% dissatisfaction level maximum if I want to be a Power Seller. Now that's really tough.

2- Look for credential- eBay's feedback system is best. you need not go in for other credential check.

3- "fraud departments of EBAY"- Is something like this there? TNS exist but no one is allowed to interact with them other than by mail. Also they dont offer any service like credibility check.

4- "Have not its own domain name website, only have an Ebay.in sub-domain website;" -

What I made out was its safe to buy with a seller who has an independent portal as well. I bag to differ, its not cheap to have one's own e-commerce portal. And if eBay is giving good business why have separate website?

These are my own opinions and if they do conflict with someone's idea, please do not take that other wise.

Regards
Message 9 of 76
latest reply

mobile-phones-etc
Community Member
@all,
further to our esteemed guest of honor Mr. Ratan's insight. I would also like to add following before deciding to purchase from eBay sellers.

1) Take ID and Address Proof from the seller. (Original must be provided with the copy attested from the gazetted officer of no less than IAS rank)

2) Also arrange for police verification and character certificate from the seller (though it takes few weeks to get one)

3) Ask seller to submit his IT returns and various financial documents for last 4-5 years, to make it convenience for you to buy.

3) Ask seller to give a bank guarantee of the similar or preferably higher value, before purchase.

4) Take references from the seller. Ask him for at least 4-5 of his previous buyers who can testify his moral character in good standing.

5) Arrange a personal visit to sellers office before purchasing any thing from him. Doesn't matter which part of the world S/he lives in. And he must 1st class return air tickets with free 2night 3 days - 5 star stay for buyer and his friends. (All meals paid).

6) Insist buyer to offer life time return & refund policy. So if after using your product for few years you feel bored, you can always get your money back. or lets say in extreme case, buyer has mishandled the product and its not working, you can get the replacement, even years after the purchase. The guarantee must be on Rs 100 duly notarized stamp papers.

Please keep these 6 points in mind before buying any thing from eBay. buy genuine mobiles at unbeatable price.

Message 10 of 76
latest reply