Key changes to the eBay PowerSeller Program

sapana@ebay.com
eBay Employee
eBay Employee
Dear Sellers,

Becoming & maintaining a PowerSeller status has always been something to be proud of, as it talks about your proven track record of both quality and quantity. We are making some changes to the PowerSeller program criteria to make it more useful for both buyers and sellers:

1. Sellers will now be required to have minimum of 4.5 on all DSR scores to become a PowerSeller and should have limited 1s and 2s on various DSR parameters(details below)

2. The average GMV for a Bronze PowerSeller will be Rs. 1,44,000 GMV in last 12 months instead of Rs, 60,000 in 3 months.

3. The average transactions for a Bronze PowerSeller will be 100 transactions in last 12 months

The new comprehensive list of minimum requirements to qualify for a PowerSeller are as follows:
90 days on site

Account is in good standing (not past due)

Feedback and detailed seller ratings (DSRs) requirements (details below)

• 100 minimum feedback

• 98% positive feedback over the past twelve months

• 12 month average detailed seller ratings (DSRs) of 4.5 or higher for all four DSRs - item as described, communication, shipping time, and shipping and handling charges.

• Rates of 1s and 2s* on DSRs with all buyers not to exceed the following rates and counts:

o Items as described: 1% or a count of <= 3, whichever is higher

o Communication: 2% or a count of <= 3, whichever is higher

o Ship time: 2% or a count of <= 3, whichever is higher

o Shipping & handling charges: 2% or a count of <= 3, whichever is higher

* The time period for evaluation for the rates of 1s and 2s on DSR is the most recent three calendar months for sellers with 400 or more transactions during those months. For all other sellers, the time period for evaluation is the most recent twelve calendar months.

Sales volume requirements

12 month average:
Bronze - GMV: Rs. 1,44,000 ; Transactions: 100
Silver - GMV: Rs. 12,00,000 ; Transactions: 100
Gold - GMV: Rs.48,00,000 ; Transactions: 100
Platinum - GMV: Rs. 1,20,00,000 ; Transactions: 100
Titanium - GMV: Rs. 6,00,00,000 ; Transactions: 100

eBay Policy Compliance

eBay policy compliance is required for all PowerSellers and Top-rated sellers. To comply, you must not violate the Shill Bidding, Feedback Manipulation, or Counterfeits policies—these policies are considered severe and may result in loss of PowerSeller and Top-rated seller status for a minimum of 180 days. Additionally, repeated violations of any other eBay policies may result in the loss of PowerSeller status. The maximum number of policy violations varies by PowerSeller tier and are as follows:
• Bronze: 4 violations in a 90-day period
• Silver/Gold: 5 violations in a 90-day period
• Platinum: 6 violations in a 90-day period
• Titanium: 7 violations in a 90-day period
Sellers may check their compliance with eBay policies through the Seller Dashboard. For a complete list of eBay policies and see Knowing the rules for sellers on the Help pages. For assistance with policy violations, contact us for more information.

For additional information of PowerSeller program, please contact our Customer Support Team. To get help from fellow Community members, you can also post your question here.

These changes will go live on site by 30th March 2010.

Message 1 of 34
latest reply
33 REPLIES 33

Anonymous
Not applicable
Dear Raj Electroniks,

You are right. Different buyers have different understanding of DSRs. Not only that, buyers from different categories might also have different levels of understanding.

The listing is the first place where a buyer's expectations are set. Not only about the product but also about shipping costs, shipping time, warranty, etc. And DSRs are a way to measure how well a seller has been able to meet the expectations he himself has laid down while listing.

The best way to ensure your buyers understand how to score DSRs and their importance is to proactively communicate with them and ensure they are satisfied with their shopping experience. We have seen (and continue to see) that sellers who are proactive with their communication are, not surprisingly, the ones with the highest DSRs.

Regards
Sushant
Message 21 of 34
latest reply

amit4134
Community Member
I have not received any reply for the querries i have sent. Sapna is out of station for a month and there is no account manager for me to contact. So where should i go to get my querries sorted out. Is this the way serious power sellers will be dealt with?
Thanks
Amit Surana
Message 22 of 34
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable
Dear snrama,

We looked at the average DSR criteria for the eBay site as a whole. The average DSR’s for eBay for the last 12 months is as follows:

Item as described – 4.38
Communication – 4.36
Shipping time – 4.28
Shipping & Handling charges – 4.26

PowerSellers being top sellers on eBay and recognized as good sellers are expected to provide an exceptional experience above the average.

On checking the average DSRs for all our current PowerSellers, most sellers do meet the criteria of 4.5.

Regards,
Sushant
Message 23 of 34
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable
Dear Amit,

Unfortunate to note you haven't been able to get to your account manager. We will be contacting you shortly.

Regards,
Sushant
Message 24 of 34
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable
Dear All,

Thank you for you time. For any more clarifications on the PowerSeller program, feel free to reach out to your respective account managers or eBay Customer Support. You are also welcome to e-mail me at sushant@ebay.com

Cheers!
Sushant
Message 25 of 34
latest reply

Dear Sir,
Your effort is very welcome.

My as described says 175,DSR 4.5
but shipping time says 168,DSR 4.72

Any mistake in maths?
Thanx,
Truly,
Amitava
Message 26 of 34
latest reply

No account manager after Dipti madam.
She helped me to achieve the PS and eTRS.
At least please depute somebody whom I can talk my problems once a week.
Message 27 of 34
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello Amitava,

How are you?

Nothing wrong with your maths. The difference in number of DSRs for Item Description and Shipping Time is because some buyers chose to leave a DSR for only some of the 4 required DSRs.

I was looking at your 12 month DSRs on your profile page and see that you have a DSR of 4.9 on both Item Description and Shipping Time (definitely one of the top scores on eBay!). Are the values you have mentioned for the last 30 days?

Regards,
Sushant
Message 28 of 34
latest reply

Dear Mr Sushant,
Thank you very much.
I welcome the changes.
They were very much required.
Truly,
Amitava
Message 29 of 34
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable
You are welcome!

Look forward to many more PowerSellers achieving superior standards of service as you!

Sushant
Message 30 of 34
latest reply