Important Price Changes

sapana@ebay.com
eBay Employee
eBay Employee
Dear Members

At eBay, it has been our constant endeavor to improve our buyer and seller experience. Some initiatives we have recently taken in this direction are a new Home Page layout, Feedback 2.0 and improving feedback adoption through promotions like Cricket Mania. The new Home Page layout helps us showcase interesting inventory like 1Paisa auctions, whereas Feedback 2.0 is a result of frequent community feedback to incorporate more details in the Feedback system.

Providing our users with better value is also a key focus area, and we have tried to address this through introducing new features like "Markdown Manager" using which sellers can run discounted promotions in their shops, thus helping sellers showcase their offerings better and helping buyers find good bargains.

To achieve our twin objectives of better value and improved user experience, we are introducing a new Fee Structure for all categories.

Key changes are:

• All listings created on eBay India will be subject to new Listing Fees, revised Final Value Fees, revised Feature Fees and Seller Tools Fees. These new fees shall be applicable to all listings in all formats (i.e. BIN, Shop Inventory format, and Auctions) created on or after 11:59 PM IST on 31st March 2007

• Listing fees shall apply to all listings by sellers who have listed more than 20 listings on eBay

• No Gallery Fees will be charged, however sellers will need to select Gallery while creating the listing to avail the feature

• Listing Fees will be credited if your item does not sell successfully (including Unpaid Item) for the first time, but is successfully sold in the 1st re-list instance

• Fees associated with Services & Real Estate and Cars & Bikes categories remain unchanged

We understand that our sellers may need to make changes to their current business plan to accommodate these new fee changes. So, we encourage you to check the Managing your eBay Business Strategy, download the Fee Calculator, attend our Online Workshop on 23rd March, or use our Customer Support Resources to help you understand your overall listing strategy.

To learn more about these Fee changes, read our FAQ section. Your suggestions & comments are valuable to us and we encourage you to share your feedback with us on this thread.

We are aware that, as a seller, you have a choice of outlets through which to sell your products. We appreciate that you choose to do business with eBay. We will continue to work hard to ensure that our sellers and buyers continue to have great eBay user experiences.

Regards,

Sapana

Message 1 of 148
latest reply
147 REPLIES 147

Important Price Changes

Hi,
Somethings dont sell in India.Somethings sell in India only.Gomedh and cats eye no European buyer will touch.Yellow dress material sells mostly in hotter countries.The color of an item is one criteria.In such cases,the listings should be partly split,but you can always use your discretion.
What do you say?
Thanx,
Truly,
Amitava
Message 131 of 148
latest reply

Important Price Changes

sapana@ebay.com
eBay Employee
eBay Employee
Excellent suggestion amitava da (amitava123gems)!

While listing it really helps to think from a buyer's point of view. For example, if i am selling batteries for mobile phone or laptops...batteries for new phones or laptops will not be in demand becuase batteries normally run for substantial period of time before needing a replacement. however, batteries for old models will be in demand.

Similarly, if you were a buyer, will you buy that product you are listing over internet? Will you buy at that price? etc...

Do keep on sharing your suggestions. Looking forward to them!

Regards,
Sapana
Message 132 of 148
latest reply

Important Price Changes

personalityshapers
Community Member
Wow
What a neat clean market now:-)

No multiple listings ...
only genuine listings...
genuine sellers...

Good for buyer ...they do not have to search our products from 200 pages..now only 15-30 pages. Our products will get more exposure:-D

Thanx ebay....I am happy with listings charges.

It would be very nice if U can make flat rate Rs: 1.00 listing charges for all listings , costing Rs: 1-10,000

Anyway's it is good to see NEAT CLEAN ebay.in

AISA LAGTA HAI KI M.C.D NE RAID DAL KAR SAARI ENCROACHMENT HATA DI HAI;-)
Message 133 of 148
latest reply

Important Price Changes

Hi,
I think that is the right evaluation.I was selling 30000+ with just 400 to 500 listings.Then I increased that to 1200 to counter junk with more junk.But what I got???My sales dropped to just 12000.
In those days,I sold 90+ items in a single day.Hope,the situation will improve,not in a day,but may be after about a month.
Thanx,
Truly,
Amitava
Message 134 of 148
latest reply

Important Price Changes

Hello!
We donot know how suddenly we seriously engaged in selling through Ebay. We always want that Ebay should be the best place to transact worldwide.
But I am sorry to write, for the first time we are realising, we will be forced to side out from Ebay due to this absolutely unjustified fee hike. We were listing app. 800 items till 31st March and were getting 2-4 sales in a week. Gallery listing fees, we were paying Rs 200/-. Most of our items are above Rs.2000/-. So if we list 200 items, we have to pay app. 500/- weekly and suppose sale will be the same (which we donot believe).
In this scenario, it is impossible that more sale will come by listing 200 items. Buyers will be deprived from viewing large unique variety. By decreasing listing, not a single sale has been matured in 11 days.

Suggetions: Listing Fees should not be linked with price, because Ebay is getting Final Value Fee. If you want to increase, Listing Fee may be Rs 0.50 per item Flat. This will enable good sellers to list all items.
Multiple Listing: Multiple Listing only increase the earning of Ebay but it should be stopped immediately in the interest of all concerned. Sometimes we see in item ending soon, 8-10 identical listings are there.
Viewership:First Ebay should try to increase viewership then only Fees should be hiked.
These are our observations as a serious and genuine seller.

Thanks,
Ashok Agarwal
Proprietor
Message 135 of 148
latest reply

Important Price Changes

Charging 5 rupees for store listing for a product 100 Rs is absurd !!

Store inventory listing should be kept out since they dont get much exposure anyway !!!!!
Message 136 of 148
latest reply

Important Price Changes

highskyindia
Community Member
Its been more than 7 days since this new Important Price Changes have been Implemented, What i can see is that 1.Ebay is clean market
2. Our items are getting more exposure
3 Competition is also less
4. SALES ARE DOWN BY ABOUT 50%

In theory every thing looked good but the end result is what matters, and the end result is that Sales are really DOWN By around 50%.

What I have concluded is that our listing have to appear on 1st Page almost everyday for them to be visible and then sell, and anymore effort on our part to make listings appear on 1st page ill increase listing fee.
Taking into consideration i have followed and managed my business stratagem as suggested by strategy I feel let down.
THE BOTTOM LINE IS THAT SALES ARE DOWN DRASTICALLY.
Still at the moment i want to keep my fingers crossed and give some more time
Regards
newmarket05
Message 137 of 148
latest reply

Important Price Changes

Dear Ebay staff,
Ever since u have started charging insertion fee, we are paying more fee than the sale we are getting on ebay,Add ur commision, VAT/CST , Packing charges etc and savings are ZERO.
Kindly look into this matter!
amit uniyal
Message 138 of 148
latest reply

Important Price Changes

rs-groups
Community Member
Hi,
Ronald here...just wanted to tell that ever since ur fees are higher we have no profit to earn on our sales, as u deduct certain amount for sales and insertion and even paisa pay deducts upto 3.5 % which means if i sell a product of 10000 rs and the buyer uses the paisa pay method then i have to pay u 350 rs and even pay paisa pay 350 rs that means i have to charge my buyer 700 rs more + 100 rs as my profit, in this way the buyer does not find the cheap product and hence sales goes down...plz think about it....!!
Message 139 of 148
latest reply

Important Price Changes

rs-groups
Community Member
Hi,
Ronald here...just wanted to tell that ever since ur fees are higher we have no profit to earn on our sales, as u deduct certain amount for sales and insertion and even paisa pay deducts upto 3.5 % which means if i sell a product of 10000 rs and the buyer uses the paisa pay method then i have to pay u 350 rs and even pay paisa pay 350 rs that means i have to charge my buyer 700 rs more + 100 rs as my profit, in this way the buyer does not find the cheap product and hence sales goes down...plz think about it....!!
Message 140 of 148
latest reply