Important Price Changes

sapana@ebay.com
eBay Employee
eBay Employee
Dear Members

At eBay, it has been our constant endeavor to improve our buyer and seller experience. Some initiatives we have recently taken in this direction are a new Home Page layout, Feedback 2.0 and improving feedback adoption through promotions like Cricket Mania. The new Home Page layout helps us showcase interesting inventory like 1Paisa auctions, whereas Feedback 2.0 is a result of frequent community feedback to incorporate more details in the Feedback system.

Providing our users with better value is also a key focus area, and we have tried to address this through introducing new features like "Markdown Manager" using which sellers can run discounted promotions in their shops, thus helping sellers showcase their offerings better and helping buyers find good bargains.

To achieve our twin objectives of better value and improved user experience, we are introducing a new Fee Structure for all categories.

Key changes are:

• All listings created on eBay India will be subject to new Listing Fees, revised Final Value Fees, revised Feature Fees and Seller Tools Fees. These new fees shall be applicable to all listings in all formats (i.e. BIN, Shop Inventory format, and Auctions) created on or after 11:59 PM IST on 31st March 2007

• Listing fees shall apply to all listings by sellers who have listed more than 20 listings on eBay

• No Gallery Fees will be charged, however sellers will need to select Gallery while creating the listing to avail the feature

• Listing Fees will be credited if your item does not sell successfully (including Unpaid Item) for the first time, but is successfully sold in the 1st re-list instance

• Fees associated with Services & Real Estate and Cars & Bikes categories remain unchanged

We understand that our sellers may need to make changes to their current business plan to accommodate these new fee changes. So, we encourage you to check the Managing your eBay Business Strategy, download the Fee Calculator, attend our Online Workshop on 23rd March, or use our Customer Support Resources to help you understand your overall listing strategy.

To learn more about these Fee changes, read our FAQ section. Your suggestions & comments are valuable to us and we encourage you to share your feedback with us on this thread.

We are aware that, as a seller, you have a choice of outlets through which to sell your products. We appreciate that you choose to do business with eBay. We will continue to work hard to ensure that our sellers and buyers continue to have great eBay user experiences.

Regards,

Sapana

Message 1 of 148
latest reply
147 REPLIES 147

Important Price Changes

esystemnext
Community Member
hi,
dear ebay staff
ever since you have introduced new fee system
according to you the ebay is clear,
yes it is clear, but it has put heavy burden on sellers, kindly note that, by selling and item on ebay, we pay 5%+3.5%+vat+frieght=10% to ebay
and listing fee for each item per 7 days is a big burden, as we are listing more than 50 items, so we have to pay rs 500/- per week and getting a 1-2 sales in weeks and paying 10% also, it is a loss Proportion now for regular sellers.

we had planned to put more than 200 items on ebay
but it heavy listing charges is making us out of ebay.

it seems that we have to change our business model

Please note ->>>>>>>>>>>>>

now ebays shops are useless and a waste of money and time , a good feature made useless by ebay management. you are chrged rs 200/- per month for shop and then pay listing fee on each item you list (this is double)

and even after paying double,
your shop item is not part of main search with no gallery picture, reasons best known to ebay management

it seems that ebay shops walas are Restritcted on ebay, are not required.
Please note only regular old sellers open shops on ebay, and insteading Providing facilites for trusted regular sellers, ebay is demoralising and demotivateing them.
as there is no exposure to ebay shops
so Ebay Shops are dumb, deaf and blind, if they not a part of normal serch
one suggestion:->>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
"make shop items a part of regular search with gallry,
so Listing fee will not pinch to sellers who are listing more than 50 items,as listings are for a month,

this facility will not be misused as ebay shops opned only regular and old trusted sellers",

you can keep ebay clear for buyers by keeping same listing fee for once in a while sellers. which the ebay management wanted

rajesh
Message 141 of 148
latest reply

Important Price Changes

Hi,
I beg to put my views about these changes.
First of all,I shall suggest that we should give a space.
Any new system needs time to adjust itself.
Secondly,in my case,my shop items sell.Core area items dont, because the viewing span is too little.But,as always eBay will insist us to list in core area.
To tell you frankly,I list some items in core area,just for the kick of it.I dont expect buyers from core area.
I am not against listing fees.But as it is,it is too high for my low value items.It pinches ,you know.
But,overall,I am happy.
It is still much lower than other ebay sites.If I pay to dot com,why not pay to dot in also.
Low value items are going to be phased out.This is my assessment.
Thanx,
Truly,
Amitava
Message 142 of 148
latest reply

Important Price Changes

sapana@ebay.com
eBay Employee
eBay Employee
Hi amitava da (amitava123gems),

It is great that your shop listings sell more than your core listings. Honestly, you are the best person to decide your strategy. eBay can advice you based on overall site trends, but ultimately it is you who know what is best for your business.

My only suggestion will be – keep an eye on the nature of the buyers. Typically shop attracts buyers who had bought from you in the past. If you are getting new buyers also in your shop then nothing like it. Anyways, do keep an eye on the trends and don’t forget to post your experience here.

Best Wishes!
Sapana
Message 143 of 148
latest reply

Important Price Changes

highskyindia
Community Member
Hi,
I am back again .I had given my feedback regarding price change announcement in this thread on April 14th ,after about 10 days when this listing fee was implemented.
That time my sales were down by about 50%. Today i am here again.
My sales have picked up and have increased again , lets say 50% more of what it used to be originally before listing fee and i think that's good news :-)for all.
My Observations are
EBay remains a clean market.
Its easy for a buyer to find whats he wants,
More genuine buyers and sellers have come in.

Lets also hope that things improve more with time

Finally I will say that New listing fee has brought Sellers and eBay on the Road to success
I congratulate:-x EBay for implementing this difficult listing fee decision.
Also i expect eBay to work more towards making eBay a better place for both Buyers and sellers
Regards
newmarket05
Message 144 of 148
latest reply

Important Price Changes

Yeah,
the sells are picking up.
Dont be afraid to face truth.
Dont hide facts.
That does more harm.
We are in the same boat.
The sellers,buyers and the eBay pinks.
Hope you understand.
Good luck to you all.
Thanx,
Truly,
Amitava
Message 145 of 148
latest reply

Important Price Changes

rajat_shimla
Community Member
i feel for cheap things like that of 100rs theres too dull profit , if not all atleast ebay should remove the listing fee. or give listing fee back when a buyer doesnt pay cause in relisting the same item there goes our loss. the new fee structure is abs. pathetic. ebay is just making money and giving us fals promises, i think other sites like tolmol now should be looked for
Message 146 of 148
latest reply

Important Price Changes

Hi,
I love eBay.I made money here.I got international exposure.The pinks are friendly and helpful.They will call you up and talk on their own.I want eBay as a community should flourish.
I agree with you only on one score.The philatelic items and hobby goods should get the same treatment as books and magazine.
Why you know?
Because they make eBay eBay.
Dont find anywhere...its in eBay or rather eBay.in
But only that.
Everything else are just fine.
Thanx,
Truly,
Amitava
Message 147 of 148
latest reply

Important Price Changes

rajat_shimla