Important Price Changes

sapana@ebay.com
eBay Employee
eBay Employee
Dear Members

At eBay, it has been our constant endeavor to improve our buyer and seller experience. Some initiatives we have recently taken in this direction are a new Home Page layout, Feedback 2.0 and improving feedback adoption through promotions like Cricket Mania. The new Home Page layout helps us showcase interesting inventory like 1Paisa auctions, whereas Feedback 2.0 is a result of frequent community feedback to incorporate more details in the Feedback system.

Providing our users with better value is also a key focus area, and we have tried to address this through introducing new features like "Markdown Manager" using which sellers can run discounted promotions in their shops, thus helping sellers showcase their offerings better and helping buyers find good bargains.

To achieve our twin objectives of better value and improved user experience, we are introducing a new Fee Structure for all categories.

Key changes are:

• All listings created on eBay India will be subject to new Listing Fees, revised Final Value Fees, revised Feature Fees and Seller Tools Fees. These new fees shall be applicable to all listings in all formats (i.e. BIN, Shop Inventory format, and Auctions) created on or after 11:59 PM IST on 31st March 2007

• Listing fees shall apply to all listings by sellers who have listed more than 20 listings on eBay

• No Gallery Fees will be charged, however sellers will need to select Gallery while creating the listing to avail the feature

• Listing Fees will be credited if your item does not sell successfully (including Unpaid Item) for the first time, but is successfully sold in the 1st re-list instance

• Fees associated with Services & Real Estate and Cars & Bikes categories remain unchanged

We understand that our sellers may need to make changes to their current business plan to accommodate these new fee changes. So, we encourage you to check the Managing your eBay Business Strategy, download the Fee Calculator, attend our Online Workshop on 23rd March, or use our Customer Support Resources to help you understand your overall listing strategy.

To learn more about these Fee changes, read our FAQ section. Your suggestions & comments are valuable to us and we encourage you to share your feedback with us on this thread.

We are aware that, as a seller, you have a choice of outlets through which to sell your products. We appreciate that you choose to do business with eBay. We will continue to work hard to ensure that our sellers and buyers continue to have great eBay user experiences.

Regards,

Sapana

Message 1 of 148
latest reply
147 REPLIES 147

Important Price Changes

mobilesncables
Community Member
I don't think its fair for sellers.. I agree there is clutter on your website due to so many multiple listing.. But then if we have more than 5000 genuine products , now i will have to see what sells and list that only.. The site is becoming more and more buyer oriented..

Sellers should also be taken into consideration.. If i want to list all my item, lets say 2500 are below 2000 slab.. then listing 1 item per listing for 7 days.. = 2000 * 1 * 4 = 8000 / month

2000 items are above 2000 but less than 10000 = 2000 * 3 * 4 ( 4 its the relising time in a month ) = 24000 / month and

500 items are more than 10000 then = 500 * 5 * 4 = 10000 / month

grand total to list 5000 items a month 4 times = 8000 + 24000 + 10000 = 42000 / month to just show items on ebay india..

Even if 5% is the selling ratio.. whats the income / output ratio here ???

I hope my calculations are correct as mentioned on top.. This is all assuming that I am selling 1 pc / item and listing for 7 days relist which will automatic relist 4 times a month..

And PLEASE DONT SAY THAT sell only what sells.. u can NEVER PREDICT WHICH ITEM CAN SELL OR NOT SELL!!!

I can open my own e commerce site in that cost and advertise in papers for it..
Message 2 of 148
latest reply

Important Price Changes

ganeshimpex
Community Member
Hi

now slowly slowly you come to listing charges although it is refundable in first go later on it is not.. sale fees is also increase great ebay consider only about there fees and fees not about the service..

fees=service and ebay policy fees=fees only fees
Service Issue Need to Consider
1. your mutal withdraw is not working
2. Customer Care Not able to solve any issue (Till no issue has been solve of us)
3. There is no promotion is going to boost the sale of seller
4. Use less promotion is going on ebay at chronograph section no functional chronograph is selling
5. Feedback Removal the service is going to provide by ebay as that is ebay system but third party doing it and taking huge amount 500/- per case out of mind or what.
6. There should be RED HOT ZONE For fixed to atleast i can purchase what is new and hot are selling
7. Customer Care response is more than 48 hrs.
8. Selling ration is down not a gunien buyer these days.
9. International exposure should be low.
10. Forum You Should response mostly 80% of query but ebay only response 1%
11. Credit Card Charges is High Try to low it.
if you calculate on a single sale we give 5%+3.5%=8.5% total to ebay in below 5000 sale

and according to new rule 5%+3%+3.5%=11.5% we are going to pay on every sale on ebay below of 5000 and above of 2000 only

this minimum calculation

i hope ebay consider this point as they always give assurance like a polition but when the election(in ebay when every new rule is passed without tension) was over there promise is also over

with regards
Ganeshimpex
Message 3 of 148
latest reply

Important Price Changes

sapana@ebay.com
eBay Employee
eBay Employee
Hi mobilesncables,
I agree with your concern that spending 42,000 to showcase your products will not be a great idea. I also believe that as a seller one should continuously experiment with various product lines.

I also agree that the listing fee will bring in some cost for you. However, the positive aspect is that with un-saleable listings away from the site, your genuine listings will get lot of exposure and thus your chance of selling will also increase. We saw a similar experience in Mobiles and Accessories category. Example - For Nokia 6600 phones, before listing fee there were about 7000 listings, and 120 used to sell. However, after listing fee, the number of listings reduced to 1200, while 120 phones were still selling. Thus success rate increased from 1.7% to almost 10%.

Another benefit for a genuine seller is – Because there is no cost attached to listing products, some sellers create lots of listings and do not bother about updating listings based on current prices or availability. Thus when a buyer sees the site, he comes across listings that have prices that are greater than Markt prices and at times after buying, seller tells him that the products are not available. This gives the buyer an impression that the prices on eBay are high and the service provided by sellers is bad. The bad practice adopted by some sellers reflects badly on all sellers. Once listing fee comes in, I believe all sellers will be far more responsible in their listings thereby improving buyer experience, site image and perception of all sellers on eBay.

Having said the above, I also understand that you might need to do some changes in your current business strategies to accommodate the changes. To help you with the same, you will soon receive a personalised excel sheet from eBay, giving you various details that which you may find useful in accommodating the changes to your business. We will be also conducting an Online Workshop where eBay employees will be present to discuss your business needs and to offer help and suggestions.
http://forums.ebay.in/thread.jspa?threadID=6000016803

Looking forward to meeting you on the workshop on 23rd, 4 PM

Regards,
Sapana
Message 4 of 148
latest reply

Important Price Changes

auctionsjewelry
Community Member
Better look towards reducing UPI rather than increasing ebay fees. Just want to earn money and money, no care for sellers.

AuctionsJewelry
Message 5 of 148
latest reply

Important Price Changes

Dear All Seller friends,
Gradually eBay is becoming expensive to sell items.Greed is increasing to a very high level.(Sorry but I say what is the truth)

They are charging too fees for listing items.
I am a powerseller which basically sells all types Gemstones,The value of the gemstones low to high.

But by going through the new listing rates,I am not very sure that I will have to stop listing high value gemstones and also will have to stop listing all range of gemstones which give buyer better choice.

As its not possible that all items sell in a week,Month or year.

We seller do not mind paying for the item which is sold successfully but just to list the item paying such huge amount is not acceptable.

I am sure that this is not the end of the greed of eBay but its just the beginning.Aage Aage dekho hota ha kya..(Wait and Watch)

For value 0-2000 the listing fees is INR 1
For value 2000-10000 the listing fees is INR 3
For value 10,000+ the listing fees is INR 5

Paying such huge amount for just listing items is very unfair and this shows eBay just want money and do not care about the interest of the sellers.

One more thing, Previously they used to charge 25 Paisa for each listing with gallery picture selected but there was no additional charge on the same. That was ok.

But now they are displaying the word FREE in front of the gallery fees box. Just to make seller fool

But eBay must know all sellers are fool and idiot.

You are charging Minimum Rs.1 to 5 for listing on eBay depending upon the value and giving gallery free.That mean you are charging Minimum INR 0.75 TO 5 Additional is all listings.

WAH WAH WAH...!

But still this is not Enough to torture the seller,You are also charging 3% Final Value fees of the item which selling price is between INR 2000-10,000(Previously it was just 2.5%)

Again 0.5% increase in the final value fees too.

My many items price between 2000-10,000 and this will be a additional charge.

eBay's first and the last goal is money money and money at any cost.

I request all other sellers to give their feedback on this unfair new fees.

Best Regards,
Deep Agarwal.
Shree Krishna Gems

Message 6 of 148
latest reply

Important Price Changes

sapana@ebay.com
eBay Employee
eBay Employee
Hi shree_krishna_gems,

Interestingly, if most of your products are in 2000 - 10,000 bucket your final value fee is actually decreasing. (because earlier the fee was 5% upto 4000, now it is up to 2000). Let me try and explain this to you with an example:

For a product worth 6000, earlier you were paying 5% till 4000 and 2.5% on remaining i.e., 2000. The fees would have come to around 250

In the new fee scenario - you will be paying 5% till 2000 and 3% for remaining i.e., 4000. The total fee that will be payable will be 220

However, as you said earlier, not all listings will sell. Assuming a success rate of 30%, i.e., you list a product thrice before it actually sells. For a product worth 6000, your listing fee for three times will be Rs 3*3 = 9. Your Final value fee will be 220. Thus you will pay 229 to eBay (still lesser than your current fee)

Assuming a really poor success rate of 10%, i.e., you are listing a product 10 times before it sells. The listing fee for you will be 3*10 = 30 Rs. The Final value fee will be 220, and you will be paying eBay 250, which is same to what you are paying today.

I do agree that our sellers will need to be more judicious in your listings. However, based on our experience in Mobiles and Accessories category, we also believe that the chance of selling a good quality listing will actually improve.

Regards,
Sapana
Message 7 of 148
latest reply

Important Price Changes

sapana@ebay.com
eBay Employee
eBay Employee
Hi auctionsjewelry,

I do agree that UPI is a issue for sellers.

At eBay the Trust and Safety team is working on various initiatives to improve the same. In last few months we have seen an encouraging decrease. however, we do have a long way to go. There are some other initiatives in the pipeline which we believe will significantly help in reducing UPI.

In the mean while, you as a seller can also take various steps to reduce UPI. Bidder Management functionality such as SMS verification for buyers below a certain feedback, blocking buyers with certain amount of negative rating or UPI strikes etc.

Please do not hesitate to post further questions or concerns.

Regards,
Sapana
Message 8 of 148
latest reply

Important Price Changes

😞
Message 9 of 148
latest reply

Important Price Changes

shivarth
Community Member
Dear Sapna,

Hao about listing fee calulate on shop category listings GTC?
There are success rate are too low for listigs. Seller cannot assumes for sale. In 1 rs free shipping auctions some times bid can not reach upto shipping charges. Previously i sold many items in loss 1 rs. auctions.

Regards
Siddharth
Message 10 of 148
latest reply