Important Price Changes

sapana@ebay.com
eBay Employee
eBay Employee
Dear Members

At eBay, it has been our constant endeavor to improve our buyer and seller experience. Some initiatives we have recently taken in this direction are a new Home Page layout, Feedback 2.0 and improving feedback adoption through promotions like Cricket Mania. The new Home Page layout helps us showcase interesting inventory like 1Paisa auctions, whereas Feedback 2.0 is a result of frequent community feedback to incorporate more details in the Feedback system.

Providing our users with better value is also a key focus area, and we have tried to address this through introducing new features like "Markdown Manager" using which sellers can run discounted promotions in their shops, thus helping sellers showcase their offerings better and helping buyers find good bargains.

To achieve our twin objectives of better value and improved user experience, we are introducing a new Fee Structure for all categories.

Key changes are:

• All listings created on eBay India will be subject to new Listing Fees, revised Final Value Fees, revised Feature Fees and Seller Tools Fees. These new fees shall be applicable to all listings in all formats (i.e. BIN, Shop Inventory format, and Auctions) created on or after 11:59 PM IST on 31st March 2007

• Listing fees shall apply to all listings by sellers who have listed more than 20 listings on eBay

• No Gallery Fees will be charged, however sellers will need to select Gallery while creating the listing to avail the feature

• Listing Fees will be credited if your item does not sell successfully (including Unpaid Item) for the first time, but is successfully sold in the 1st re-list instance

• Fees associated with Services & Real Estate and Cars & Bikes categories remain unchanged

We understand that our sellers may need to make changes to their current business plan to accommodate these new fee changes. So, we encourage you to check the Managing your eBay Business Strategy, download the Fee Calculator, attend our Online Workshop on 23rd March, or use our Customer Support Resources to help you understand your overall listing strategy.

To learn more about these Fee changes, read our FAQ section. Your suggestions & comments are valuable to us and we encourage you to share your feedback with us on this thread.

We are aware that, as a seller, you have a choice of outlets through which to sell your products. We appreciate that you choose to do business with eBay. We will continue to work hard to ensure that our sellers and buyers continue to have great eBay user experiences.

Regards,

Sapana

Message 1 of 148
latest reply
147 REPLIES 147

Important Price Changes

touchnshine
Community Member

Kya hum
sellers fool hain ?? Jo har baar April fool day se pehle pehle ya April 1st ko
aise changes aa jaate hain ?? I got a call from ebay.. asking how u feel about
this and I was just reading about the announcement.... Already life is totally
complicated on Ebay... now other complicated things are taking place... By the
way we are not Jyotishis.... to know what is going to sell and what is not going
to sell... and what about those buyers... who will just purchase and give u a
call or will write email... I am new to ebay.. I don't know anything.. I don't
know how I purchased your item.. Sorry please cancel it ... Ah... conversion
rate in mobiles & accessories... sun sun ke mere kaan pak gaye hain... Shall I
become Jyotishi on Ebay and do the job of telling sellers what is going to sell
and what not -- sab pakad ke maarenge -- item nahi biki to ... Lolz... I really
don't know what to say about all this... But yes -- I AM TRUELY UNHAPPY. Go
India Go..... Go out from Ebay.... I can write an essay on it.. Half work is
done by my other community pals... mobilesncables, ganeshimpex, auctionsjewelry,
shree_krishna_gems... and many more to come... One more thing coming in my mind
for Ebay --- By the way -- Final value price is still not sooooo much down..
Charge for a listing fee for sure --- if an item listing is successful ... not
only with sold -- but with money too. Gallery fees daan mein di gayi hai .. now
Ebay is concerned about -- What is the main thing of getting payment -- Is
surely -- Listing -- so attack Listing ... so here comes listing fees..

Message 11 of 148
latest reply

Important Price Changes

ebay.in (baazee) is now making the ebay.in US standard.

ebay should know that in INDIA 80%-90% of the sellers are home based who are earning little by reselling at very minimum margin. As ebay has moved to earn more for their own by implementing listing fees now so it would make most home based genuine seller to move out of their site and discontinue selling. This I can see it in the coming 1-3months time.

I would just like to say that BAAZEE was truely INDIAN standard and ebay can no way compete with it in any way (customer, seller, listing, features satisfactions....).

I would just point out I first started selling on Bidorbuyindia.com which baazee bought and I moved on with baazee and continued with the same features plus implemented more without adding any fees.
After that ebay bought baazee and I moved on. But now I can see that ebay in no more for INDIAN sellers as ebay is lookout for more fees for them.

Indian Sellers would now be hunting for more of other websites where they can sell their items without paying unnecessary listing fees.

anyway ebay - GOOD LUCK...
Message 12 of 148
latest reply

Important Price Changes

indiashine
Community Member
GREED IS CURSE
EBAY WILL ENCOURAGE THIS WAY THE FAKE SELLERS WHO WILL LIST THEIR ITEMS AT CHEAP PRICE AFTER CREATING SOME FAKE FEEDBACKS, WHEN TIME WILL COME TO PAY THE EBAY FEE, THEY WILL NOT SIMPLY PAY AND EBAY WILL SUSPEND THIS SELLER.
SELLER WILL ONCE AGAIN REGISTER WITH EBAY WITH NEW EBAY ID AGAIN WILL CREATE SOME FAKE FEEDBACKS AND START SELLING AGAIN.
HE WILL ALWAYS OFFER BEST PRICES BECAUSE HE HAS NO INTENTION TO PAY EITHER LISTING FEE NOR SELLING FEE.
FOR BUYERS, FINALLY MATTERS THE PRICE. FOR HIM IT HARDLY MATTERS THAT SELLER HAS A FEEDBACK SCORE OF 30(100%) OR 300(100%), SPECIALLY WHEN HE IS NOT BUYING A HIGH VALUE ITEM.
CONCLUSION: TIME TO QUIT OFF BECAUSE ON EBAY SELLERS WILL START PLAY UNFAIR
Message 13 of 148
latest reply

Important Price Changes

kukusworld
Community Member
Hi,
Could someone from ebay clarify our following doubts.

1) If we list 100 items on ebay with qty 1 each and only 10 are sold. Will we get listing fees back for 90 unsold items? Do we have to ask for it?

2) Now we relist the same 100 items again qty 1 each and now some other 5 items are sold. Will we get listing fees back for 95 unsold items?

3) Now we do fresh listing of same 100 items with qty 1 each and again 10 are sold. Will we get listing fees back for 90 unsold items?

4) We do fresh listing of same 100 items but this time with qty 2 each. Now 5 unique items are sold and 2 items of same type are sold. So in total 6 unique items are sold. Will we get listing fees back for 94 unsold items?

Sorry about these questions but we are bit confused about how and when one can get the listing fees credit.

Regards
Kukusworld Team
Message 14 of 148
latest reply

Important Price Changes

sapana@ebay.com
eBay Employee
eBay Employee
Hi Ganeshimpex,

I do agree that as far as Customer Service is concerned, we still have to strive for higher satisfaction rates. However, the good thing is that over the past few months, the customer service satisfaction surveys have returned better results than in the past.

At the same time, promotion of properties like 1 paisa auction free shipping has been very showcasing hot deals to the buyers. Various Buyer promotions like Cricket Mania, Biggest online bargains, offline promotions at Reliance Web World have driven more buyers to the site. The teams will continue to focus on the driving more quality buyers on the site.

Yes, sellers might need to make changes in their business strategies to accommodate these fee changes, however, we believe that with improved buyer experience, it will actually benefit all the sellers in the long run.

Also, I am not sure I understood the calculation of 11.5%. There seems to be some discrepancy. I will request you to explain the same again.

Regards,
Sapana
Message 15 of 148
latest reply

Important Price Changes

felinetrendz
Community Member
With jus a simple Cut copy Phrase "" it has been our constant endeavor to improve our buyer and seller experience"" Ebay simply goes in Win Win Situation. Seller here are just a simple Showcase and nothing more than that .

When we are called for a Meeting they say Ebay is a Marketplace but when u get a call from Bombay they say list only the running Item and rest leave it, this means list only what sells according to them and rest ???? .

Ebay pls Note stop saying Ebay is Marketplace call it Highhanded Self Motivated ePortal .
Message 16 of 148
latest reply

Important Price Changes

sapana@ebay.com
eBay Employee
eBay Employee
Hi indiashine,

I will respectfully disagree with you that listing fee will create an unfair playing field on eBay. On the contrary I believe after the listing fee is introduced, serious sellers with good quality listings will benefit. The exposure of quality products will increase and therefore the chance of selling them.

We do understand that you might need to make some changes in your existing business. To help you in the direction, you will be receiving mail from eBay, which will contain your personal details that you may find useful in creating your new business strategy.

Going by your ratings, it seems that your buyers are very happy with you. I believe it is sellers like you who will benefit the most from introduction of listing fee. I will encourage you to go through the details that you will receive. Please do not hesitate to post back with any doubts, clarification or concerns.

Regards,
Sapana
Message 17 of 148
latest reply

Important Price Changes

sapana@ebay.com
eBay Employee
eBay Employee
Dear shivarth,

GTC listings are automatically re-listed on the site every 30 days. Therefore every 30 days, when the item is re-listed, any fees associated with the listing are charged again.

The sale of any item will depend on the user experience on site, demand for the product and the quality of listings (price, description, warranty/guarantee, shipping services, payment options etc.). With the listing fee in picture, the number of listings will reduce for sellers will tend to focus on listings that are more likely to get them revenues. Thus your good listings will be seen by more buyers and therefore chances of the same selling will also be increased. We had a similar experience in the Mobiles and Accessories category, where we have seen an improvement in sucess rate.

I agree that you will need to be choiceful with your listings. One way to start with can be to start with listing products that you have already sold sucessfully. You already know that these products have buyers. Then slowly experiment with more products and other product lines that you think are more likely to sell.

Do fele free to write back with any further query or clarificaiton.

With best regards
Sapana
Message 18 of 148
latest reply

Important Price Changes

sapana@ebay.com
eBay Employee
eBay Employee
Dear touchnshine,

We understand that as a seller it might be difficult for you to determine all products that sell. However, I am sure that you are equally concerned about a good buying experience for a buyer; for that is what will determine the long term sucess for you, other sellers and eBay. Results from Mobiles and Accessories category gives us lot of confidence that this is the right move for our users, and thus we keep repeating it. My apologies if it bothers you.

On knowing what sells, one way to decide your listing strategy could be to study your past sucessfully sold products. Since these products are favoured by buyers, you might want to ensure that they are always there on the site. With increased exposure the chances of the product selling will actually increase. Slowly, you can experiment with other promising products.

I went through your feedback, and noticed that you sell products in 2000 - 10000 range. In this range your FVF will actually decrease.

I will encourage you to attend the Online Workshop on 23rd March at 4 PM, to get more clarifications on how you may accomodate these changes in your business.

Regards
Sapana
Message 19 of 148
latest reply

Important Price Changes

Hi,

I am totally confused with the NEW FEES. I do agree with the remarks posted by our Seller Members of eBay and on the other hand I do agree with the calculation example given by Sapana (Post # 6) too.

Hope this new changes increase the selling power on eBay but eBay should take some strict action against UPI. Unpaid Items has not decreased even following all the Blocking Preferences for the buyers (as mentioned in Post # 7 by Sapana). This is a serious case, because we loose our International Listing Fee too which is never credited to our account.

Regards,
Mohib-uz-Zaman
Message 20 of 148
latest reply