Got a ROCK instead of Mobile

Hello Friends,

I like eBay for known reasons and I am a regular buyer for past few years.
Initially I use to place small orders but recently I started placing BIG orders trusting eBay.

Recently I ordered a Sony Ericcsson mobile.
The courier guy delivered it at our office reception and ran away even before I get down to reception floor.
When I opened the package, Voila! there is a brick ROCK inside instead of mobile.
I tried contacting the seller, sent couple of messages, but no reply.

Finally I raised refund request.
I got an email saying eBay team was not able to reach me. I replied immediately giving my mobile number.
eBay team on chat assured me almost a week back that they will call me on my mobile within 24 hours, but no call till now.

I got an email from eBay team asking for a written statement, photos along with stamp from courier company.
Why will the courier company help me and put their stamp?

Still I tried reaching the courier company for a stamp and made a fool of myself.They laughed away at me.
Finally I scanned my written statement without any stamp of courier company, took snaps of the package and sent it to eBay.

Now it has been almost a week, eBay team don't even acknowledge that they received my written statement and photos.
I got an email that says the refund request is on hold.
For how long? They don't confirm.

eBay Team,
Please note the package is not delivered to me.
I haven't even signed the delivery acknowledgement.
I would have checked the package contents thoroughly if it was delivered to me.

Request you to kindly look into this and process my refund request at the earliest.
Here is my PaisaPay ID: 31297279984
Message 1 of 18
latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

tusharsingh
Community Member
really sad to hear that ppl do such thngs..!!!! i dont know of wat kind the seller was but such thngs like taking out the thngs from couriers is done by couriers companies also ... i know many ppl who have got empty courier packets. but still its the duty of the seller to ensure tht no such thng happens. and if such things happen its completely the resposibility of the seller.
ppl will lose faith on ebay.
Message 2 of 18
latest reply

You are correct Tushar bhai.
I checked seller ratings before ordering.
I too feel its done by courier guys.

I am sure this issue would have resolved in a better way if the seller at least discuss.

There is absolutely no response from the seller. He is so irresponsible and don't even reply my messages. I wonder if eBay will backup such a seller.

Whatever, its my hard earned money and I want it back.
I hope eBay will keep its trust.
Message 3 of 18
latest reply

Finally after vigorously following up with eBay customer support for 2 weeks my refund request is REJECTED.
I lost thousands of my hard earned money.

eBay requested Courier company seal/stamp confirming that the parcel has a rock instead of mobile.
Why will any courier company confirm that they delivered a rock?
VERY FUNNY... How illogical it is?

This clarifies there is absolutely NO PROTECTION FOR BUYER.

eBay believes only in SELLER and Courier companies.
We buyers are losers and have to keep losing money.

I hope I can do something about this.
Fellow buyers, any suggestions?
What should I do? I lost thousands or rupees ๐Ÿ˜ž
Message 4 of 18
latest reply

ara*it
Community Member
Dear sir,

very sad to here this...

find your area delivery agent & slap him to find ture..
Message 5 of 18
latest reply

sunil.s.choudhary
Community Member
Dear Bro,
Its very sad that u had to go through this miss happ. i was thinking to buy a sony ericsson mobile phone through ebay...which had a DEALER WARRANTY . but after reading this , i won't.

and u should not leave your hard earned money like this. Report this to CONSUMER FORUM.u will definately get a solution for this.
Secondly, The courrier company is also equally responsible for this, as the agent has to take a sign of the consignee and a remark note that the item is recieved in good condition .
please report this to consumer forum, so that the company wil get to learn a lesson from this and will do something to avoid such conditions in future.
Message 6 of 18
latest reply

Please state the courier company's and the sellers name.So that other buyers will not buy from the particular person and also sellers will not ship to that particular courier.
Message 7 of 18
latest reply

Its the responsibility of the seller to use appropriate courier service for expensive items like mobile phones. generally these items are shipped by Blue dart under a special Declaration. I am not sure why the seller shipped by first flight.

Regarding the money being refunded, did anyone sign on the POD? Or may be the courier guy himself signed. But in that case, he wouldnt have delivered the parcel anyway and claimed that it has been delivered. Why did he come all the way to your office to deliver adn risk being caught with an empty parcel? Check if someone at your office reception has stolen the mobile before handing the packet to you. Check who signed on the POD.
Message 8 of 18
latest reply

bestimports2012
Community Member
some courier guys will always do this, i faced the same on april 6th 2012 by dtdc velachary
Message 9 of 18
latest reply

You can file the case in your place at "District Consumer redressal Forum" against the Seller,Courier & E bay India.Do take the print outs as proof.It will be better to take the help of any of your advocate friend.
Message 10 of 18
latest reply