Announcing launch of all new PaisaPay!

sapana@ebay.com
eBay Employee
eBay Employee

We are pleased to announce that starting the week of 3rd December 2007 we will be launching several enhancements to PaisaPay. These enhancements are aimed at making transacting on eBay even more safe, fun and providing our buyers with a delightful experience. New PaisaPay will provide a mechanism for the buyers and sellers to complete their PaisaPay transactions with ease and help our sellers increase their business on eBay.

The New PaisaPay flow:

Key Highlights:

1. Providing a delightful buyer experience: Buyers will now be able to use PaisaPay for fast, assured purchases or get their money back! In case the buyer does not receive the item purchased with the prescribed timelines, he will have the option to get a quick refund.

2. Uniform performance guidelines for Sellers: In new PaisaPay the sellers will have fixed timelines within which they need to ship and deliver the item. This will help in providing a standardised seller experience where sellers will have clear performance guidelines. In case a seller needs more time to ship or deliver the product, he can request the buyer for a time extension.

3. Easy tracking of shipments for both Buyers & Sellers: Sellers will be required to enter the shipping details in My PaisaPay within the prescribed timelines. This will give buyers and sellers a quick reference point to know the shipment status thereby resulting in smooth communication between buyers & sellers.

4. Easy Refund Mechanism:

a. In case the seller is not able to ship the item: Seller can easily issue a refund to the buyer by not entering the shipping details within the prescribed timelines. In such cases PaisaPay will automatically issue a refund to the buyer. The sellers no longer need to follow the offline process of contacting PaisaPay Customer Support for issuing refund.

b. In case the buyer does not receive the item: If the buyer has not received the item within the prescribed timelines he has the option to raise a refund claim. In case the seller has delivered the item he will have 5 days to dispute the buyer’s claim. In case of any dispute between the buyer and seller on item delivery, PaisaPay’s decision will be final.

5. Seller Remittance on Buyer Confirmation: PaisaPay shall remit the money to the seller as soon as the buyer confirms item receipt or does not raise a refund claim in the prescribed timelines. Certain Qualified sellers will be eligible for Express Remittance.

6. Express Remittance for Qualified sellers: Sellers who qualify for Express Remittance will have their individual Express Remittance limit. Please note that Express Remittance is a privilege for sellers with strong business and good behaviour history on eBay. The option to offer this privilege to sellers will be at the sole discretion of PaisaPay.

7. Online Remittance to replace Demand Drafts: PaisaPay will remit seller’s money online to his bank account instead of mailing demand drafts. This will save both the courier & encashment time for the sellers. It will also mean no more cases of lost demand drafts.

8. Twice a week remittance cycle: PaisaPay will now be sending money to sellers twice a week (bi-weekly basis) replacing the process of weekly remittance.

9. All new My PaisaPay: The new ‘My PaisaPay’ in “My eBay”, will give buyers & sellers an easier interface to communicate with each other and stay updated on transaction details.

10. PaisaPay Phone Support to be extended to all seven days of the week: PaisaPay phone support will be extended to all seven days of the week (from current five days a week) from the month of December 07.

11. PaisaPay becomes mandatory: All listings will automatically offer PaisaPay as a mode of payment. Sellers can also offer other mode of payments. Sellers with 20 or less listings will be able to offer PaisaPay as the only mode of payment. Read FAQ’s.

12. PaisaPay Invoice: To ease the process of reconciliation and accounting your PaisaPay transactions PaisaPay would be issuing a monthly Invoice to sellers.

13. eBay Buyer Protection remains the same: Buyers will continue to remain eligible for eBay Buyer Protection after time-out period. All other buyer protection features will remain the same. Read FAQ’s.

14. PaisaPay EMI Option: Sellers with 5 or more feedback will have the option to offer 3 and 6 month EMI in their listings, which can be availed by buyers paying via ICICI bank credit cards. Additional PaisaPay charges apply fro EMI transactions. Read FAQ’s

To avail the Enhanced PaisaPay facility from the week of December 3, 2007, all sellers will need to register again with PaisaPay and update their bank details here. We encourage you to update your details as soon as possible on this link. Read FAQ’s.

We understand that you might have questions to understand the changes better. Please feel free to read the FAQ’s, go through the details on this page and on the tutorial, contact our Customer Service team or post your questions on this thread.

We are very excited about these changes as we believe that this will help us in providing a high quality online shopping experience to our users and help in making eBay the favoured destination of online shoppers.

Regards,
The eBay Team
Message 1 of 239
latest reply
238 REPLIES 238

techniwas
Community Member
My Bank name is not included in the list provided in My PaisaPay? Do i need to open new accounts?

Please Advice?

TechiE
Message 2 of 239
latest reply

techniwas
Community Member
I have accounts only in a selective few Co-op banks

TechiE
Message 3 of 239
latest reply

techniwas
Community Member
Got the answer form FAQ's - To register for PaisaPay the seller must hold a bank account with a bank branch that is within the list of branches supported by PaisaPay. PaisaPay will be soon adding more bank branches to ensure maximum coverage. To know the bank branches that are supported by PaisaPay, please Click here .

TechiE
Message 4 of 239
latest reply

sapana@ebay.com
eBay Employee
eBay Employee
Hi techniwas,

To give a slightly larger perspective on the online bank transfers - The PaisaPay systems will depend on the NEFT systems of bank to transfer money online to your bank account. More branches are getting added to the list on a daily basis.

In case your branch is not covered by PaisaPay currently, I will request you to send your bank name & branch name to our Customer Support team. We will try and add them to the list on priority basis.

In case you have more questions about the New PaisaPay, feel free to post them here.

Thanks & Regards,
Sapana
Message 5 of 239
latest reply

PaisaPay is now an Escrow Service. Now we know why the additional 1% charge.

However escrow is for the protection of the buyer but here the sellers are being made to pay for the same.

I feel the escrow service should have been optional and buyers opting for the same to pay 2% additional fees for the same. Buyers having faith on the seller by seeing his ratings could have opted for non Escrow PaisaPay. From the 2%, 1% can be passed on to the sellers for the delayed payment.

This would have given seller additional incentives on having good feedback.

--------------
Devesh
Message 6 of 239
latest reply

Hello,

For the EMI option, will the total cost to buyer (CTB), i.e. Product Cost + Shipping Charge + VAT be considered while deciding the charge or just Product Cost?

Ideally it should be total amount buyer is paying via PaisaPay. (CTB)

---------
Message 7 of 239
latest reply

sapana@ebay.com
eBay Employee
eBay Employee
Hi cameras_n_such,

The EMI fees will be charged on total payment being made by the buyer (similar to PaisaPay fee). This will include all costs including shipping, taxes etc.

I hope that clarifies the question. Do write back if you have more clarifications in mind.

Regards,
Sapana
Message 8 of 239
latest reply

gizmozindia
Community Member
Hi,

In case a physical POd is not avialable with us will online tracking of courier website be considered valid proof of delivery by Paisapay for dispute cases.

Regards

GizmozIndia
Message 9 of 239
latest reply

Hello,

Please include Walkeshwar branch in Bank of Baroda branches where I have my account. Bank of Baroda, Malabar hill branch and Walkeshwar branch are two different branches.
Please do necessary addition and inform.

Regards
Rajesh Parekh
princesswalkeshwar_in1
Message 10 of 239
latest reply