Got a ROCK instead of Mobile

Hello Friends,

I like eBay for known reasons and I am a regular buyer for past few years.
Initially I use to place small orders but recently I started placing BIG orders trusting eBay.

Recently I ordered a Sony Ericcsson mobile.
The courier guy delivered it at our office reception and ran away even before I get down to reception floor.
When I opened the package, Voila! there is a brick ROCK inside instead of mobile.
I tried contacting the seller, sent couple of messages, but no reply.

Finally I raised refund request.
I got an email saying eBay team was not able to reach me. I replied immediately giving my mobile number.
eBay team on chat assured me almost a week back that they will call me on my mobile within 24 hours, but no call till now.

I got an email from eBay team asking for a written statement, photos along with stamp from courier company.
Why will the courier company help me and put their stamp?

Still I tried reaching the courier company for a stamp and made a fool of myself.They laughed away at me.
Finally I scanned my written statement without any stamp of courier company, took snaps of the package and sent it to eBay.

Now it has been almost a week, eBay team don't even acknowledge that they received my written statement and photos.
I got an email that says the refund request is on hold.
For how long? They don't confirm.

eBay Team,
Please note the package is not delivered to me.
I haven't even signed the delivery acknowledgement.
I would have checked the package contents thoroughly if it was delivered to me.

Request you to kindly look into this and process my refund request at the earliest.
Here is my PaisaPay ID: 31297279984
Message 1 of 18
latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

I am confused.
Just few days back I was told that my refund claim is rejected. eBay sent an email stating the same.

Now suddenly I got another email from eBay saying my refund claim is approved and the amount will be credited within 3-4 days.

Am I dreaming? I hope it is not a JOKE and they truly mean it.

Lets wait for couple of days and see...
Message 11 of 18
latest reply

Hurray!!!
I finally got my refund.
Thanks to eBay team.
Message 12 of 18
latest reply

ckommoju9542
Community Member
I think seller never thinks to cheat any buyer. Because buyer is the god for sellers. It is not one day business. Buyer may leave the platform with one purchase. But for buyer, it is the sources of earning. May be it is the mistake of courier service. But i agree, there is a responsibility of seller also to make it delivered in good position to buyer.
Message 13 of 18
latest reply

Hi,

As per me its buyer's mistake. Because buyer is signing POD copy stating that received in good condition. Why he not checked in-front of courier guy? If in-case he not allow you to open it then tell him that I am not decline parcel after opening it. I wish to confirm the contains. I will mention contains status on POD copy just for my safer side. Because seller not able to claim for damage after the receipt. Insurance is made till delivery of parcel not after the delivery.

So please understand the process which will help you in such conditions.

Thanks
Message 14 of 18
latest reply

mahalaxmi_communication
Community Member
@rhtdm.6624

No one courier Company is allowing the person to check the contents before signing POD

we are running an Online business we have to Face loss like this

I too have faced Many Loss arises Out of this Sitution

But practically Speaking It is less than 1% out of the total sales

even though A big Company Bluedart Also Doesn't Allow The buyer to Inspect the parcel before signing POD

kindly talk to your buyer
my best wishes are with you

thanks

manoj
Message 15 of 18
latest reply

spl_ind
Community Member
If this thing happens again to anyone, file an F.I.R. against the courier company at your local police station, ASAP.
Message 16 of 18
latest reply

mobiletelephone
Community Member
this problem is very common.
none of courier company is perfect & i think never wil..
its juz a trust on which items are dispatched using couriers.
only solution is JUZ DONT ACCEPT THE PARCEL if it doesnt looks fresh or if tampered even from one corner.
once u sign the courier reciept then according to courier company's dictionary it clearly means(RECIEVED IN GOOD CONDITION).
this thing is always mentioned in small letters in almost every courier delivery run sheet(DRS/POD) & thier TnC's.
Message 17 of 18
latest reply

sankyoelectronics
Community Member
Dear Mousin123

As you received the refund and the issues been solved we request you to kindly remove the negative feedback given by you
Message 18 of 18
latest reply