cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

GROSS INJUSTICE BY THE JURY OF COMMUNITY REVIEW FORUM

colorland.in
Community Member
I think I am going to provide enough ammunition for eBay to at least relook the new Community Review Forum (CRF) Jury and their decisions, if not just shoot them! ๐Ÿ™‚

I received an unfair feedback from a Non-Paying international buyer "fraverlive", even after the UPI had been filed and I had received the FVF refund. I will provide you a timeline for the same (dates 04/01 to 26/01 exactly as mentioned in my appeal with CRF) so it is easier for everyone to understand:

04/01/11 - Auction End, buyer wins it
10/01/11 - He is unable to pay thru PaisaPay as he is from outside India, so we send him payment details to pay thru PayPal
11/01/11 - Buyer writes "I cant send money to india for paypal now. Pay pal said me no work whit india for now." Such a thing has NEVER happened, so we assume he is just trying to evade payment.
12/01/11 - Unpaid Item case is opened as payment is not received
14/01/11 - Buyer writes "I cant send money to india by pay pal. If u no ask me i will vote - and write me problem." I later understood that he was threatening us with the negative feedback, at that time we really could not understand this threat
17/01/11 - We closed the case to get our FVF as the buyer showed no willingness to pay.
20/01/11 - Buyer leaves us a -ve feedback
26/01/11 - We filed appeal with Community Review Forum
28/01/11 - Our account manager calls us and we discuss this issue, he tells me that this feedback is unfair according to eBay's "Unfair Feedback" policies and should be removed if I write an email to eBay TnS at "inrswebhelp@ebay.com". So I sent an email to them right away.
29/01/11 - The very next day TnS removes the feedback as it surely is unfair.

BUT SOMEHOW THE CASE IN CRF IS STILL OPEN, so this is where the "fun" starts...

02/02/11 - The case gets forwarded to the voting stage as the buyer does not reply
08/02/11 - I get and email from CRF stating "A majority of Community review forum jurors have decided that the feedback for this transaction should remain"

I do not know how the Jury found this against me, and this really puts off my faith in the CRF, as it is an absolutely clear case of unfair feedback. Thankfully it has not affected my feedback percentage as eBayโ€™s policy helped me, else this post would not have been in such a fun tone.

This case clearly shows how useless this whole process of CRF can be if they do not even vote in favour of cases which are absolutely clearly against eBay's Unfair feedback policy, and therefore how can CRF claim to be "Keeping feedback fair..."

I really hope some eBay Employees reply to this post, if not Mr. Ambreesh Murthy himself.

Regards,
Rajeshri G.
Message 1 of 48
latest reply
47 REPLIES 47

stylish_india
Community Member
Earlier with launch of Community Review Forum it was stated that invitation will be sent to the eligible members but no one has got any invitation so far and the whole procedure is hidden. Does that mean no ebay member whether buyer or seller is eligible to become a jury of Community Review Forum ?? Why this thing is hidden and not clear like it was in Community Court ?

Custom Logo

Custom Logo

Message 21 of 48
latest reply

pymobile
Community Member
i agree with stylish_india
Message 22 of 48
latest reply

colorland.in
Community Member
Wow, still no reply by eBay Pinks is astonishing! :_| And even dissapointing for a new seller like me, I now think its better for me to stick to my offline business and not get lured by the eBay Business development guys who keep calling everyone to increase business on eBay. I got a nice learning here ๐Ÿ˜ž Looks like eBay has no post sale support for sellers, its like once the new are on the site, no once cares about wht happens to them! ๐Ÿ˜ฎ
Message 23 of 48
latest reply

lotmany
Community Member
eBay should procure more no. of jury members and 51% voting should be implemented with same timelines.

@colorland.in, you are right, you need to concentrate your regular business. And also spend fixed time on eBay to get good sales and good price. Its interesting pass time, you can't leave eBay even if you wanted, its just like a social n/w site.

Regards
Message 24 of 48
latest reply

colorland-deals
Community Member
Quoting stylish_india - Earlier with launch of Community Review Forum it was stated that invitation will be sent to the eligible members but no one has got any invitation so far and the whole procedure is hidden. Does that mean no ebay member whether buyer or seller is eligible to become a jury of Community Review Forum ?? Why this thing is hidden and not clear like it was in Community Court ?

I totally agree!!
Message 25 of 48
latest reply

Is there any genuine ebay member who got an invitation to jury ?

or are they really Vcustomer/ebay employees (as said by mobilestore4u) ?
Message 26 of 48
latest reply

arihant_enterprises
Community Member
ebay USA has taken some of the nice steps towards maintaning standards of ebay

โ—ฆIf Delivery Confirmation or tracking information shows the item was delivered, an eBay Buyer Protection case for item not received can't be opened.

โ—ฆIf Delivery Confirmation or tracking information shows the item was not yet delivered, an eBay Buyer Protection case for item not as described can't be opened before the latest date in the estimated delivery range.

โ—ฆIf Delivery Confirmation or Tracking information is not available, a case for item not as described can't be opened for 24 hours after the buyer pays. A case for item not received can't be opened before the latest date in the estimated delivery range.

โ€ขCases found in the seller's favor removed from seller's performance record. When a buyer opens a case, it's important to reach out to resolve the issue promptly. Any case that is escalated and found in your favor will not count toward your seller performance requirements. For INR cases, the only way to be protected in your seller performance requirements is to upload tracking information to the eBay site prior to any case being filed, ideally within 24 hours of the buyer making payment.
It's important to upload shipping tracking information as soon as possible after a buyer pays:

โ—ฆWhen you upload shipping tracking information right away and delivery is confirmed, buyers will not be able to open an item not received case.

โ—ฆIf you wait to upload shipping tracking until after a buyer files an item not received case and the case does not get escalated to eBay to make a final decision, the case will count against your opened cases count in your seller performance standards but not against your count of closed cases without seller resolution. Also, if tracking information shows the item was delivered, you will not have to refund the buyer.

โ—ฆIf you fail to upload shipping tracking or upload it after a case has been filed against you and the case is escalated to eBay to make a final determination, both your opened cases and closed cases without seller resolution counts will be impacted. You may be required to refund the buyer or eBay.

Item Condition and delivery dates in the Feedback flow

โ€ขStarting in November, when buyers go to leave feedback, along with your estimated delivery time andโ€”if you uploaded trackingโ€”the actual delivery date, buyers will also see your specified item condition.
Message 27 of 48
latest reply

arihant_enterprises

Great Rules !

Regards
Vilas
Message 28 of 48
latest reply

arihant_enterprises
Community Member
@ vilas ji

the rules created by ebay USA are really a mile stone for success of ebay sellers

i pray to god eBay soon implement on india also
Message 29 of 48
latest reply

Hi,
The guys up there are insisting that we enter tracking.
Good move for seller protection.
Anyways eBay cares.
Thanx,
Truly,
Amitava
Message 30 of 48
latest reply