Did you mean:ย 

EBay to ban negative seller views - Worldwide criticism

coolbrasco
Community Member

Original link :

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/7228460.stm

Send your views :

http://newsforums.bbc.co.uk/nol/thread.jspa?forumID=4228&edition=2&ttl=20080206021804

EBay to ban negative seller views.

The feedback system is central to eBay's online auction experience Online auction site eBay has said it plans to overhaul its feedback system and will ban sellers from leaving negative comments about buyers.

EBay said problems were occurring, and slowing down trade, when buyers left negative comments about sellers who then retaliated with their own views.

From May, those selling on eBay will not be able to leave unfavourable or neutral messages about buyers.

The move, which will affect users worldwide, has angered many sellers.

Sellers say it will leave them unprotected.

Tricky customers

Critics of the changes argue that by taking away a seller's right to complain about a problem buyer they will have very little recourse for action when a sale goes wrong.

And they complain that by still allowing buyers to leave dissenting comments about sellers, eBay has skewed the whole trading process.

HAVE YOUR SAY

EBay should play a bigger role in mediating problems between buyers and sellers

Stephen Waldock, UK

Send us your comments

When both sides have equal access and rights to leave negative comments about each other it is a well balanced trading process, they say. However, eBay counters that problem buyers can still be dealt with.

"If a buyer doesn't pay, the seller can easily contact eBay, we will review any complaint and maybe remove the buyer," a spokesman said.

The changes aim to "improve the overall customer experience", eBay said.

It added that many buyers would not leave negative comments for fear that sellers would retaliate.

As a result, buyers and sellers may not get a fair picture of what is actually happening between trading parties.

It maintains that the majority of transactions go "swimmingly".

EBay says that only a minority of sellers leave negative feedback for buyers.
Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

However, eBay counters that problem buyers can still be dealt with.

"If a buyer doesn't pay, the seller can easily contact eBay, we will review any complaint and maybe remove the buyer," a spokesman said.

What a Joke! eBay will just say 'we can't remove it.'
Message 2 of 13
latest reply

techniwas
Community Member
I feel this is a much needed security for the buyers (Genuine buyers)

With this policy see --

Example 1:

Buyer is cheated by a seller, He gives a negative feedback (which the seller in this case deserved). The sellers also responds with a negative feedback. Result: Buyer's irritation only increases. With this policy buyers will be safe.

Example 2:

Seller receives unjust feedback from a buyer. So the buyer with this new policy gets away without any remark... But even in present scenario do you think that non genuine and non regular buyers really care for a -ve feedback against their account??

Wht does a responsible seller do in case he gets a -ve feedback?? a) Negotiate and convince the buyers or b) leaves a -ve feedback???

FACT:
Majority of out own Powersellers call the buyers or mail them and try to sort out the issue. And in most cases once satisfied the buyer withdraws the feedback, not because he fears a -ve feedback in return, but because the issue has been actually resolved.

However sellers right to leave a Neutral feedback should be retained.

TechiE
Message 3 of 13
latest reply

cajo_picks
Community Member
ebay never has or will ever have a real customer service. Because it takes away from the bottom line.

Were striking in the US. No buying selling or listings running the week starting the 18th
Message 4 of 13
latest reply

I don't believe ebay will ever help if a buyer doesn't pays or is impossible to deal with.
I met several fraud buyers till today.

1) Buyer Took the parcel delivery within 7 days after making payment and after 28 Days time opened dispute in paypal telling she never got the item delivered.
I found proofs to show she is lying and i was 110% correct on my side i wrote to ebay about the fraud person will full proofs to show but they did not had the time to read my mail all copy paste reply and they told me that they cannot do anything.

2) Recently i met a horrable person he paid me using paypal and after recieving items that trust me 110% accurate as described and very clearly shown before taking payments he said they are very very poor quality and he doesn't want them at all.
He was a fraud his profile had 2 -ve comments of sellers those said he is a fraud did chargeback for no reason doesn't replies.

I did not knew this is going to happen with me too.
Within 3 days i delivered my items to him and after that he kept on mailing me i pay the reshipping cost to him and also refund the full amount including the shipping he paid me.
What a fraud i can't explain through what i went for 30 days time.
First he did not agreed on sending back the items and also did chargeback with paypal.
Then this fraud kept all necklaces never sent anything back to me.
I wrote many times to ebay what happened ???

OFCOURSE NOTHING
THEY DON'T HAVE TIME TO READ SUCH LONG MAILS NOR DO THEY DO ANY HARMS TO BUYERS WHILE SELLERS ARE ALWAYS TREATED IN BAD WAY.

WHY ??
WHY THIS TREATMENT FOR US.

I AM AGAINST THIS WE SHOULD GET CHANCE TO TELL EVERYONE WHAT WE HAVE GONE THROUGH.

STILL WE CANNOT LEAVE NEGATIVE COMMENTS FOR BUYERS BECAUSE WE KNOW VERY WELL IF DO THIS WE WILL GET THE SAME BACK WITHOUT ANY FAULTS .

WE ARE HELPLESS AND NOW WE FEEL MORE HELPLESS ! "Lord, I have done many things wrong. I am guilty, but to show your goodness, forgive me for everything I did. When people choose to follow the Lord, he shows them the best way to live.โ€
ยท:*ยจยจ*:ยท.Godยท:*ยจยจ*:ยท.Blessยท:*ยจยจ*:ยท.Usยท:*ยจยจ*:ยท.Allยท:*ยจยจ*:ยท.
"Lord, I have done many things wrong. I am guilty, but to show your goodness, forgive me for everything I did. When people choose to follow the Lord, he shows them the best way to live.โ€
Message 5 of 13
latest reply

grabdeals_in1
Community Member
Once again,Welcome to Ebay!

Kaya_jewels,seems you have nuts of getting chargebacks and meeting with fraud buyers ..may be becuase you sell jewels,be carefuly!
Message 6 of 13
latest reply

emailswarup
Community Member
Hi,

There are a few buyer who really need -ve feedback to stop them from trading in ebay like one encountered by kaya_jewels. At least ebay must introduce some new system to stop such buyers from operating and must take fast actions against those chargebacks. Its a pity to see good sellers like kaya_jewels suffering from chargeback of a fraud. .
Best Regards ๐Ÿ˜„
Swarup
Kolkata

Best Regards ๐Ÿ˜„
Swarup
Kolkata

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

Hi i was talking in the first case abt buyer : zahirs82

her ebay feedback left by other sellers helped me a lot in making right judgement.

Requesting all sellers to see her feedback profile and also the feedback she left for other sellers carefully.

I would like to knw the comments of ebay team on this issue and issue related to ban negative feedback for buyers.

There are tons of buyers like her.

If you will start banning sellers this way you will close the door to judge a buyer in a right way.

I wrote ebay team mail explaining how she did fraud with me and she is also doing the same with others i wanted to save other sellers from her that is the reason i sent my complaint but ebay said " we cannot do anything in this matter " you should directly contact buyer and solve the issue mutually.
While i was just informing ebay to ban such buyer immediatly. But no one cared to read the mail i sent and i recieved a copy paste reply. "Lord, I have done many things wrong. I am guilty, but to show your goodness, forgive me for everything I did. When people choose to follow the Lord, he shows them the best way to live.โ€
"Lord, I have done many things wrong. I am guilty, but to show your goodness, forgive me for everything I did. When people choose to follow the Lord, he shows them the best way to live.โ€
Message 8 of 13
latest reply

Yeah, she seems to be a liar too ...I checked her feedbacks .

http://feedback.ebay.in/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&ftab=AllFeedback&userid=efavormart&iid=-1&de=off&items=25&interval=0&page=654

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

jaipur_mart
Community Member
Does ebay ever see or read these horrible stories of horrible buyers??
It does not seems , as its going to implement new FB policy.
I ll definitely leave ebay for ever if it is implemented, Because it would no more be fun to sell on ebay with sellers always remain on the mercy of buyers.
Regards
Ram krishan
Message 10 of 13
latest reply