10 Things to Do before you Die!

indraneel@ebay.com
Community Member
Dear Members,

We are pleased to announce that starting today we have launched a BIG marketing promotion viz. “10 Things to Do before you Die!”. These are 10 day Auctions each starting at Re.1/- to give you the freedom to bid and make your dreams come true. The experiences you can Bid on are:

1. Watch the F1 Grand Prix in Monaco
2. Co-Pilot a Combat aircraft – The L39 – in Russia
3. Drive an actual Formula 1 car in London
4. Enjoy a Romantic night at the Burj - Al – Arab hotel in Dubai
5. Skydiving for two in Thailand
6. Experience the Wimbledon Men’s Final live on Centre Court
7. Drive 5 high speed cars in a Euro Challenge
8. A thrilling Chopper Ride over Bombay OR the outskirts of Delhi
9. Experience Zero gravity
10.Climb the Great Pyramids in Egypt

If you are a seller on site, in addition to bidding on these exciting experiences, we would like to point out that on the promotion landing page (www.ebay.in/things2do) we will be promoting one paisa auctions in the following categories:

Mobiles
Computers
Jewellery
Electronics
Cameras
Watches
Coins & Stamps

We have an integrated media campaign to make sure that awareness is at an all time high. We are targeting our key metro markets (Mumbai, Delhi, Chennai, Bangalore and Hyderabad) through multiple channels. This campaign is aimed to build awareness of eBay India and position it as a vibrant and exciting shopping destination.

We would appreciate if the community can provide their feedback on this campaign by posting their views/suggestions on this thread.

For more details please click here.

Regards,
The eBay Team
Message 1 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

shopnagaland
Community Member
This seems to be a gr8 marketing strategy and also an exciting one.I hope the services will be as good as we expect on Ebay. Thanks for the effort, Cheers!!
Message 2 of 15
latest reply

assemblerz
Community Member
In my personal view I am not happy with the title of promotion.
Message 3 of 15
latest reply

trust.deals
Community Member
It's a great idea.

I would love to drive the F1 on the race tracks.

Yeh!!!!
Message 4 of 15
latest reply

h_reddy_in1
Community Member
But here are my concerns:

1. It is strange that such a item is offered for the first time on Ebay & mostly only members with "0" or Nil ratings seem to be bidding for them.

2. Most of the bidders are less than a month old. Which lead to the question as to why such new buyers are bidding on such items & "only" such items? This seems like a classic case of a seller getting his friends or has opened multiple accounts on Ebay or has formed a nexus of sorts to push up the price by Shill bidding.

3. The seller itself is new on Ebay. So how can the reputation / reliability of this seller be endorsed by Ebay itself?

4. How is it that Ebay has chosen to promote such a seller by giving his products / offers by way of extensive coverage through hoardings across major cities in India?

5. Why isn't there an upper limit on these products or in the absence of the same an indicative value of the product / service? I cannot list or start a Rs.1/- and have the upper limit as endless right? The same is not practical or justified. Why is there no Reserve Price on
these items?

6. I have not know Ebay or the erstwhile Baazee to promote "specific" sellers / products. Why is the same being done now?

Hope to receive comprehensive answers to all my above points, with proper justification & supporting evidence.

What kind of transparancy measures are in force at Ebay to provide clarity to customers? At the moment, there seem to be more doubts than answers on this topic.
Message 5 of 15
latest reply

grabdeals_in1
Community Member
Yes,

I am not a seller,but I do understand what Seller feels on ebay as my close friend is,
This type of promotions are not good as per my view,specially for a seller

1.who is new !
2.No feedbacks!
3.How this seller getting so much of bids without any rating?

This create a doubt in every seller,which is also clear that is it ebay itself on ebay ?

I wish ebay provide good answer's for reddy's questions !

Regards,
Agarwal's
Message 6 of 15
latest reply

cosycom
Community Member
I totally agree with you relaxkaro and H reddy .
Biddings on this promotion are totally doubtfull .

Yes assemblerez title of the promotions is also not good.

It should have been :

10 Great Ideas to Risk Your Life and Money.

Narinder
Message 7 of 15
latest reply

techniwas
Community Member
Hi I have been watching this thread for some time, and lets get some facts cleared:

1. Its a eBay special promotion. "The objective of the Promotion is to build awareness of eBay India and position it as a vibrant and exciting shopping destination."

2. eBay certainly has verified the credibility of the seller. I presume the promotion is being promoted under a agreement with the seller "GA Media Pvt Ltd"

3. Listings promoted on homepage, newspapers, Internet, Hoardings and banners along with mailers are bound to get high amount of bidders aswell as generate trust.

4. Since the promotion is being done largely by the offline channel (hoardings / banners etc) it is bound to get new buyers / visitors with no past record / feedback with ebay.

I see no reason for sellers to object to this as:

1. This will increase the sites traffic

2. This is give a reflection to one and all that eBay is a strong medium to buy and sell virtually anything.

3. The online market (and IT Biz) is a Test series instead of a 20:20 match and building a strong and reliable brand is crucial.

Thus in the long run we can expect growth both ways - Penetrating into the existing market, and tapping the market growth aswell!

TechiE
Message 8 of 15
latest reply

cosycom
Community Member
Dear Techniwas , I am surprised to know the winning bid for the item Night at the Burj Al Arab is being shown 1,002,000.00 ( Rupee Ten Lacs Two thousands )

Is it being shown by mistake or the genuine bid amount. The bidding history shows after Bidding amount of just 99000 it suddenly jumped to ten lakhs and ended for above amount .

Either way the promotion is very risky and doubtfull .

Narinder
Message 9 of 15
latest reply

cosycom
Community Member
I think I should have asked this question in my thread Brain Teasers .;-)
It will be very difficult to answer immediately what happened actually . Perhaps a member of ebay India customer support team can try to find it out.

Narinder
Message 10 of 15
latest reply