Delay in PayPal Funds Transfer

cosycom
Community Member
Hi friends , Normally all funds withdrawn from Paypal to our bank account are credited within 3 to 5 days .
I have withdrawn some funds on 19th feb 09 . Paypal shows funds already transfered but they are not received in my ICICI account till date . Anybody else also facing same problem ???????

Paypal seem to have an office in India but their address and contact information is not available anywhere .:(

Regards

Narinder
Message 1 of 677
latest reply
676 REPLIES 676

indconcepts
Community Member
Dear bestofkashmir,

Earlier all the Sellers were sending the Items as sample (rather marked as Gift) against foreign currency received ..... which was illegal.

That's the reason RBI has stepped in.

You would now need to send those Items as commercial shipment and report all such transactions to RBI. Thats why PayPal is asking for IEC code so that RBI can know how much foreign currency you have received from Cross Border and whether have you followed the proper export procedure or not.

If the Sellers need to follow the same earlier procedure then why was this fuss all about ? .

best regards

Umang Midha

IndConcepts logo7

best regards

Umang Midha

IndConcepts logo7
Message 391 of 677
latest reply

Dear sellers,
I been doing this since 2005.
!)Always enclose IEC.
2)Always enclose INVOICE
3)If shipping by speedpost,get stampped 'document' or 'merchandise'.Pholatelic and paper materials are 'documents.They will never be stamped as merchandise,There is an old circular about that.
4)If shipping by FPO,get 'cleared by customs' stampped.Private courier companies charge heavily for getting this stamp.If you do it youself,the cost is very low.
5)If sending by registered airmail,dont declare outside.That will be considered as advertisement and against postal laws.Let airport customs scan and classify and stamp your packet if the need be.That is perfectly legal.This is done at UK also.
'Sample' is a money saver in shipping cost,thats all.Nothing special about it.
6)FIRC is a matter between money receiving authority and RBI designated agency may be ICICI or in this case PayPal or its agent,I dont know really what declaration PayPal gave.
PaisaPay follows these rules,if I am not mistaken.
Thanx,
Truly,
Amitava
Message 392 of 677
latest reply

PS:
No point making other ebay sites and PayPal great.Less money is fine with me.Even a few UPIs I shall not mind,may be loss of PS or eTRS also.Home site is best.Nothing like eBay india,Navin Mistry,Sapana,Sushant,Mandy,Dipti and all eBay india pinks.
Bye bye world.
Message 393 of 677
latest reply

adit999
Community Member
@utsav.jewellers ---- are you facing the same problem ? Tried a bank withdrawal from PAYPAL balance and it is not showing up in either bank account or credited back into PAYPAL ??
I have this similar problem and also a withdrawal to credit card is not showing up since the past 2.5 months. PAYPAL is saying they have sent it and CITIBANK is saying they cannot trace it.
Can anyone please offer me some help regarding this issue ?
Best regards,
Adit999.
Message 394 of 677
latest reply

tmgexports
Community Member
hello adit999 , i just thought that you may try this ,i wanted to transfer funds to my standard charted credit card and they told me that i should go to the banks website and try some steps there and i will able to receive funds though i never withdraw amount to that card ,but why don't you call credits card help and ask them where is the cheque from paypal ,you can try to speak different people on helpline as all of them don't have knowledge of each and every kind of transaction ,also you can visit a citibank branch in which you have a account as citibank have a tie up with paypal and register a complaint online and with a hard copy and i am sure you will get a concrete answer on your issue
regards
Message 395 of 677
latest reply

Smooth roads never create great drivers. Let us all learn to master this situation rather than be pessimistic. There is nothing to loose in learning new ways to do business. Domestic sales is never going to give the same thrill as international sales.

For once you have tasted flight, you will always walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you belonged and there you will long to return. - Leonardo da Vinci

Winners don't stop doing business because of the adverse conditions. When a lock was made, the key was also made. We just need to find the key.
Message 396 of 677
latest reply

Hello Ebay India team,
I sell philatelic items in auctions occausionaly and price realised is so less comparing to exporters.Do we also have to go through the same system to withdraw funds?.I dont think its viable since we do transactions of such low amounts.is there any excemption regarding the volume of sales?.

looking forward for a response

thank u
Message 397 of 677
latest reply

Hello Everyone,

Finally God has accepted our prayers & we are just hoping for the best to happen in the declaration that is to be made on 3rd March.

Regarding the recent statement by Mr.Irani,he mentioned that we will need IEC Code for withdrawals,that's fine with us & a few other sellers who have their IEC codes already,
BUT WHAT ABOUT THE SMALL/NEW SELLERS with NO IEC codes with them,WILL THEY NEVER EVER GET THEIR MONEY?????

And let me inform everyone about this,we are in this export business since 30 years,but relatively very new to ebay,& since past 3 years,it is not only the IEC code which you need to export goods,but also the VAT License,& the VAT returns are filed every 3 months,so applying for IEC codes in few days & submitting it to paypal is not the solution to this whole issue,if you mention these payments as export payments & you ship the goods as export,you will also need VAT license.

I think we all need to discuss this & ebay should help all of us to know about the Commercial Export Procedure of SINGLE ITEMS to INDIVIDUAL BUYERS,which will create a world of confusions though,as there isnt any step taken by the Indian Government to Simplify the whole process yet..

To start with the FIRC issue which paypal has declared to issue now,
Until now as an exporter,i was only exporting in bulk,not on ebay though,so we were getting FIRC's only for bigger value shipments (for more than lets say USD 1000),for which our bank charges Rs. 150,mentioning the name of the sender & the conversion rate,so we used to export it on the same name & get our goods appraised through customs & after that we needed to get all the documents like BRC & Airway/Shipping Bill cleared by RBI with all the legal formalities,& so the Shipping & Handling cost & the time involved is also relatively high on these shipments,this is the right procedure of shipping the items commercially.

But here as we are selling single items on ebay to individual buyers,lets say average selling price is
USD 10 for each item,so if we sell 100 items in a week,& by the end of the week we withdraw 1 paypal payment of the total amount USD 1000,so WILL WE GET 100 FIRCs from 100 Different Buyers? & for which we need to pay Rs.150 per FIRC,means RS.15000 only for FIRC's in an export of USD 1000 / Rs. 45000,& moreover the commercial shipment charges are also higher than the sample shipments,does anyone think is it possible this way,& can we survive in the severe competition from the foreign sellers like this??
And what about the so many documents that we need to clear through RBI after that for only $10 items??

Although there is also a little possibility of issuing 1 FIRC per withdrawal,but then we need to know what Consignee/Sender names will be mentioned on that FIRC,will it be 100 different names then?? because we need to send the goods on those specific names..

These all small things also need to be resolved with this whole issue,as we will all face such things in near future,so lets discuss about it till the whole issue is resolved,& i request to ebay staff & to higher volume sellers to help us regarding this so that we can all follow the same procedure..

Thanks,
God Bless you all.
Message 398 of 677
latest reply

Hi coromandalstamps ,
If you sell something at 4 dollars free shipping,ebay US will take half dollar,PayPal will take half dollar,shipping will take one dollar.You will get 2 dollars.You will pay the dealer one dollar fiftty cents.
Enjioy just half dollar out of the sale value.
I dont discourage you.
If you sale Rs.200 in mother india,you pay ebay and PaisaPay Rs.18,Listing fee Rs.1,Speed post Rs.25,stamp dealer Rs.60 and enjoy Rs.100+.
If you eat fish like me,you can buy about 750 grams fresh fish with that.
I also sell stamps.
Good luck,
Thanx,
Truly,
Amitava
Message 399 of 677
latest reply

Pound has fallen again.
Message 400 of 677
latest reply