cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Creating Business strategy to accommodate price changes (23 Mar 4-5 PM)

sapana@ebay.com
eBay Employee
eBay Employee
Dear Sellers,
As you might be aware, we made certain price changes in all categories on eBay India.
http://forums.ebay.in/thread.jspa?threadID=600001679

We are aware that you might need to make changes in your business strategy to accommodate these changes. In case you need our help and wish to discuss the same with us, we will be present on this thread on 23rd March (4-5 PM).

Please join us for this discussion.

Regards,
Sapana
Message 1 of 24
latest reply
23 REPLIES 23

basumatari@ebay.com
Community Member
Dear AuctionsJewelry,
The decision to list on other portals is yours and we will respect it. But we do believe that serious sellers will benefit with this move and should help them with more business volume.

As for listing 20 listings from a new id every time, I would compare that strategy to opening a temporary business in a trade fair. You wouldnโ€™t have the reputation and the stability of a continuously growing business.
With warm regards
D.J. Basumatari
Category Team

With warm regards
D.J. Basumatari
Category Team
Message 21 of 24
latest reply

basumatari@ebay.com
Community Member
Dear snrama,
We have taken your feedback into cognizance. But we do believe that there are significant benefits that a Shop offers to a user. I would like to highlight some of them
  • Unlike in the ebay.com site, shop inventory items are also featured in core search results. Let me explain, in eBay India, when an user searches for an item, items listed with shop inventory are also featured in the search results. This is not true in ebay.com where shop inventory items are not shown at all
  • Shops offer significant natural search benefits. If you would have optimized your shop, your items will start featuring in Google search results when anyone is searching for your kind of items
  • You can use the shop headers and custom categories to build stickiness in your shop
  • You can use Markdown Manager to organize Sales in your shop. I saw your post and noticed that that you loved this feature.

Also remember, if the Shop Inventory is free, all bad quality listings are likely to end up in Shops and which has the potential for a bad user experience and which will in turn give a bad image to all Shops.
With warm regards
D.J. Basumatari
Category Team

With warm regards
D.J. Basumatari
Category Team
Message 22 of 24
latest reply

basumatari@ebay.com
Community Member
Dear poojadiamonds,
I was going through your feedback and listings. Buyers just seem to love your high value product. As you would know, with the new pricing structure, you would get a discount in Final Value Fees. You can use this discount to reduce the impact of listing fees.

You could also identify your most selling designs in the core site and list the slower moving items in your shop. You can than drive traffic to your shop listings from your core listings.
With warm regards
D.J. Basumatari
Category Team

With warm regards
D.J. Basumatari
Category Team
Message 23 of 24
latest reply

basumatari@ebay.com
Community Member
Dear kritant,
Managing fraud buyers is a huge challenge for us too. We have taken some steps recently which we feel should bring down the fraud buyer incidence. We are closely monitoring trends.

In the meanwhile, do make use of buyer requirements to reduce the incidence of fraud buyers in your listings, at least for your higher ASP products.
With warm regards
D.J. Basumatari
Category Team

With warm regards
D.J. Basumatari
Category Team
Message 24 of 24
latest reply