cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Leverag Natural Search in About me, Shop to get more buyer (22 Mar; 4-5 PM)

sapana@ebay.com
eBay Employee
eBay Employee
Dear Members,

As internet grows more and more users are going to different search engines to find out the information and related products. Finding information and products through search engine is called ‘Natural Search’.

Optimising your listings and shop to natural Search means that you are ensuring that whenever a user is looking for a product, the chance of his seeing your products increases. Natural Search optimisation is a widely used and economical way to ensure greater eyeballs for your products.

In this workshop we will take you via tactics that you can use to make your listings and shop natural search friendly and thus getting new buyers for your listings.

Date: 22nd March 2007,
Time – 4 – 5 PM

See you on 22nd!

Regards,
Sapana
Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

sapana@ebay.com
eBay Employee
eBay Employee
Dear members,

welcome to today's workshop. Today we have Amitabh from search marketing team to help you learn more on natural search optimisation. Amitabh will first post the content on the boards, and then take questions if any.

Regards,
Sapana
Message 2 of 9
latest reply

amitabh@ebay.com
Community Member
Dear Members,

It is a pleasure to be here! I am Amitabh working with the search marketing team. Natural Search optimisation is one field using which sellers can significantly improve the traffic to their stores and listings. I will be posting some tips on the same. I will encourage you to use the same on your shops, My World page and About Me page. I will be happy to take questions if any.

Regards,
Amitabh

Regards,
Amitabh
Message 3 of 9
latest reply

amitabh@ebay.com
Community Member
Feature: Shop Naming and URL
The Shop name you choose determines your Shop's web site address (URL), so choose a descriptive Shop name that tells buyers what you sell. This will also help Web search engines find your Shop when buyers are looking for the products you offer.

Do not change your Shop name often- For eg MicroscopesIndia has done a good job in selecting the right Keyword and is optimized in Google for that Keyword-however when a consumer searches he will search for microscope and India as 2 separate KW’s which then necessarily does not throw up the microscopes shop URL in the 1st page

Regards,
Amitabh

Regards,
Amitabh
Message 4 of 9
latest reply

amitabh@ebay.com
Community Member
Shop/about me Description

A Shop description helps increase the likelihood of appearing in search engines.

• Use keywords that people enter when searching for your products ( eg: if you are selling woodland shoes, think how a consumer will search on search engines and then try and incorporate the Keyword accordingly)

• Be sure your description accurately represents the products in your Shop : (eg: helps you get focused users who will convert better)

• Use a Shop theme that includes your Shop description in the header

• Remember that the description should also be useful and meaningful to buyers visiting your shop, so it should be more than simply a list of search keywords.

Note:
* You should not change your description often, unless your Shop inventory (business) changes often. By changing a description often, search engines will not be able to index your page. However refreshing the page with new additional content works better. Try and provide maximum text content with higher fonts)

Regards,
Amitabh

Regards,
Amitabh
Message 5 of 9
latest reply

amitabh@ebay.com
Community Member
Build Custom Categories

Help buyers browse your virtual shelves-create and organize up to 300 categories and subcategories for your Shop. Be sure to use relevant, descriptive, specific and popular keywords in your custom category names.
(eg: Be more specific-if you are selling Nokia phones,be sure to make a category in that name rather than a generic one like mobiles & accessories)

Regards,
Amitabh

Regards,
Amitabh
Message 6 of 9
latest reply

amitabh@ebay.com
Community Member
Priority Areas that Maximize SEARCH ENGINE OPTIMIZATION Results

These featured tips provide eBay Shops sellers with the best return. Sellers should focus on making these features rich in content and relevant to today’s key searches. Sellers should fold these best practices into their everyday routines.

Feature:View Item Page

Your item's title and description are your advertisement, an opportunity to both inform and excite buyers. Writing a good title and description will significantly increase your chances of your listing being found and sold. Make sure all relevant content is put up with right headlines etc. Very Important to think from a consumer perspective

Listing titles and descriptions provide valuable real estate for generating natural search-friendly content, and are critical to how search engines rank your page.
- Listing Title: Include 1-3 important keywords or keyword phrases in your listing title. This is not only a great SEARCH ENGINE OPTIMIZATION practice, but it also helps buyers find your products. Take advantage of the full length of the item title allowed; this is valuable real estate and information.
- Listing Description: Include at least 200 words of visible copy in your listing description, with the most important keyword phrases mentioned at the beginning and end. Remember to employ other content best practices, such as the frequent use of keywords where relevant and formatting (e.g., bolding, using font size on important titles and keywords)
• Describe the item. Don’t make the description generic.
• Avoid keyword spamming. While it is important to include relevant keywords (keywords that relate to the product being sold), overuse of the keywords will result in the search engines penalizing your listings and will reduce your exposure on the engines.

Regards,
Amitabh

Regards,
Amitabh
Message 7 of 9
latest reply

amitabh@ebay.com
Community Member
About Me Page/ About the Seller Page

Use the About Me page (About the Seller Page for Shop Sellers—same thing; different name when it appears within your Shop) to provide visible content about your business and products. Your About Me page is also a great place to include text links to your Shop, search results and specific promotions.

Note: Search engines generally cannot see images. Like your item descriptions, we recommend including plain text or HTML text that provides both prospective buyers and search engine crawlers information about your products and/or services. Content-Rich About Me pages perform well in Natural Search.

Regards,
Amitabh

Regards,
Amitabh
Message 8 of 9
latest reply

amitabh@ebay.com
Community Member
For more information visit:

http://pages.ebay.com/education/seo-introduction/index.html

Regards,
Amitabh

Regards,
Amitabh
Message 9 of 9
latest reply