Complaint against Ebay's Customer Service

hasrajaniharish
Community Member
I am struggling to process my refund via Ebay, I had purchase one time for which I received damaged item and had returned back to the seller and had a word with seller he said that they are ready to refund the amount but through ebay and I need to open a case. I had opened a case in EBAY case reference number is 57001, post which I have called thrice to the customer service toll free but everytime I receive a same answer that I will receive a call from EBAY in next 48 hrs and the refund will be processed, I am highly dissatisfied with the EBAY customer service and same was not expected by EBAY that such a big company and the processes are so weak that it takes 12 days to process the refund.

This means when I purchase from ebay i have to be prepared and take out time to fight with ebay, today also I have purchased one more item and I think I have done a mistake by relying on ebay processes, it seems like that.

Regards,
Harish Hasrajani
Message 1 of 233
latest reply
232 REPLIES 232

Re: Complaint against Ebay's Customer Service

I Amit Khurana who lived in Scottsdale USA from 2007 to 2009 and in new York in 2010 was exposed to extensive online shopping which became core of USA, I shopped a lot of lot of ecommerce websites including ebay which always were very customer friendly ( like amazon, ebay and many others);

I lost my job due to paralysis and I came back to country where my fmily lived in 2010;

And due to paralysis I got more and more dependent on online shopping and when I came to INDIA I FOUND THAT EBAY AND AMAZON CAME TO INDIA AND HAD SUCCESSFULLY RUNNING ONLINE PORTALS,

EBay has eBay. in where it sells products in INDIA..

BUT I found a lot of harassment shopping with eBay India..

Ebay India

EBay USA

Quality

Indian ebay do not check quality standards..asif quality does not matter to shoppers in India

EBay USA was very correct on their quality audits and I do not remember surprising damaged products

Customer Care Attitude

Very Slow, inefficient, very lte replies, and do not take issues in friendly way

Very systematic, friendly and supportive

Guarantee for buyers

THE 30 days guarantee is a way to embarrass and harass customers so that even if their product needs match, customers will always like to stay away from ebay…

Ebay was a source of trust and respect when I shopped in ebay USA using my email chat2amit@gmail.com

Dear ebay,

I am very surprised to buy a product of around 6900/- (SPICE MI 509) INR FROM EBAY india,

But the product continuously switched off due to its overactive sensors (on top of phone) and I had to switch it on after every 5 mins..

In India I had much pleasant experiences from flip kart and myntra (very similar to what I had from eBay usa);

But eBay India is creating bad name for eBay due to its customer harassment and poor quality of products..

I felt betrayed and cheated when eBay guarantee personnel asked me to take phone to spice service center;

My argument is that why should I be made to take a brand NEW PHONE HICH WS DEFECTIVE WHEN IT RECHED ME TO SPICE CENTER WHICH IS 15 KMS AWAY FROM MY HOUSE AND SEASON IS RAINY HERE IN INDIA…and I am not able to drive or walk sue to paralysis…THIS IS ABSOLUTE HARASSMENT FROM EBAY AND  INHUMAN BEHVIOR TOWARD A PARALYSED PERSON BY LOWER LIMBS..

I REQUEST AN ETHICAL AND MORE HUMAN ACTION ON THIS SIMPLE ISSUE

For me who values my money as I am without job currently and spend a lot of money on my health (due to paralysis);

Please resolve early, I do not want to post my video against eBay on YouTube and post my article against eBay on various INTERNATIO BLOG SITES…WHICH WILL AFFECT EBAY BUSINESS IN ALL COUNTRIES AND EXPOSE EBAY EMBARASSSNG TRUTH AND INHUMANITY TO THE WORLD.

My email to eBay INDIA  are as below:

eBay Guarantee* claim - 619552

my phone gets switched off after some time as its sensor seems to be working properly..
the same cannot be proved with images..moreover  i do not want to go to spice center for this brand new item as we expect a new product shud work perfectly fine  moreover i am paralysed and  cannot travel.

i have always shopped on ebay on trust of ebay and its gurantee..i hope ebay will not cheat me..and refund my money..

i have sent images of the box to ebay

Message 161 of 233
latest reply

Where is the so called eBay Guarantee??????????????

I have bought an item which turned out to be defective for which I initiate the refund claim. (ID: 582247)

Now the interesting part starts. One eBay representative called me up and told that I will get the refund in 7-10 days and closed the claim.

2 weeks passed and no refund at all. Again called up the customer care and been told that I will get it in 48 hrs max. Same story and no refund whatsoever. I called up agin to customer care and asked for supervisor as shown in reslution chain. The customer care did not connect me to supervisor instead told that I will definitely get the refund in next 48 hrs as the case is now heighest priority.

But the usual show repeated and no refund happened. I called up again to customer care and asked for the supervisor. This time got conected to the supervisor and been told that "we are very sorry for the problem caused, the refund will for sure take place in next 7-10 days".

What a plain lie from the supewrvisor too. I did n't receive any refund even after two weeks. I tried to contact via mail whic didn't get any response till date. All this time I couldn't do any thing against the claim since it has been closed on fisrt day itself to clear off theie pending checklist.

I ask a simple question: why to lie on the name of some eBay gurantee for protecting buyers's money when eBay has no intention for doing the same. Is this the way a widely self proclimed best consumer expeerience company should behave to the customers? Why dont it simily put it on display "buy at your own risk". At least we'll be saved from trusting and wasting time on the return/ refund and any other follow up procedures.

I made a big mistake, shpopuld have gone for Flipkart or Amazon which are much better in responding and taking actions.

Message 162 of 233
latest reply

ravi3900
Community Member
Miss seema
If you take a look there are thousands of complaints and i am among one of them.
This surely proves that ebay is not paying attention to the buyers..
Its coz of buyers, the sellers come to you and you get your bread and butter.
Without us(buyers), you are nothing.

So speed up and solve peoples prblem in shortest time as soon as posible .
Message 163 of 233
latest reply

I am MITHUN DEBBARMA from AGARTALA Tripura state .. on 03-09-14 I have purchased a spice m 6111 phone ..I have paid them through net banking , my full amount which is 2397 rs is also deducted from my account ..everything gone smoothly .. but after ordered the product I didn't receive any confirmation sms or email .. I always shop online in different sites.. so I know the process . That's why m calling the customer care OF ebay , they told me because OF server failure the transaction is not done properly.. this is called missing transactions as ebay s language .. they told me it will take 48 -72 hours for resolving my problem .. but today 09-09-14 still i didn't receive any solution. its shocking for me that one big name Ebay can also did this ... m actually scared and sad with ebay .. This phone i was buying as a gift for one OF my friend.. 12th September is his birthday but m worried that I cannot gift him on his birthday ... its really sad ... I want to pray to ebay please take care of your customer otherwise one day u will lose all of us .. thank you ..
Message 164 of 233
latest reply

vijayyadaw
Community Member
Dear Sir,

I am a regular customer of ebay.in I have bought several products from this site.
I always recommends others to buy from ebay only
but Now what I see is ebay is not trustworthy
I bought nexus7 but seller send faulty product
When I returned the same faulty product, ebay and seller is not ready to replace it.
Case ID:***

Regards,
vijay

Message 165 of 233
latest reply

actually sir,

I had ordered a girls wallet purse but an ebay seller gives me a child rainy coat..now i have given 2 to 3 mail to ebay service center for to get my money either replce it..but anyone can not respond my message..

what i can do..

please give any suggession..

Message 166 of 233
latest reply

I purchase Nicer Dicer Plus Multi Chopper received broken one. After that I spoke to ebay and attached photo. they given time on that time my father not well went my native place. After that item sent to seller by speed post it is came back and again I sent item. seller received and not received my money back item cost is Rs 875.00 + 260.00 speed post charges total Rs 1135.00. Now I am calling ebay they not giving any information. Please do the needful. nether not received item or payment what is this please do the needful. details mention below:

I am very unhappy with your suppler and your call center people also no suppoting this problem

Claim ID: ***
PaisaPay ID: ***
Item number: ***
Seller ID: ***
Date claim opened: 10-08-2014

MBV Gopal

Message 167 of 233
latest reply

ppra8150
Community Member

Hi

I am ebay customer having customer ID ppra5180. Ebay is not at all giving customer 100% satisfaction or replacement/refund.

I have purchased a screenguard. seller has shipped wrong screenguard against my order. so instead of providing me original screen guard they said to give me ebay coupon (NOT REFUND) more than my purchased value which will take 7-10 days for processing. I just simply said to give that coupon immediately but they refused to give even in one day. After that they have said you refuse to take coupon so we will close the claim. and now they have closed it.

So I am asking where is your 100% customer satisfaction or replacement/refund policy???

And this is not the way to deal with customer. eBay customer care executives are not at all customer friendly.

Please resolve it immediately

Regards

Prajesh Prajapati

Message 168 of 233
latest reply

Hi

I am ebay customer having customer ID ppra5180. Ebay is not at all giving customer 100% satisfaction or replacement/refund.

I have purchased a screenguard. seller has shipped wrong screenguard against my order. so instead of providing me original screen guard they said to give me ebay coupon (NOT REFUND) more than my purchased value which will take 7-10 days for processing. I just simply said to give that coupon immediately but they refused to give even in one day. After that they have said you refuse to take coupon so we will close the claim. and now they have closed it.

So I am asking where is your 100% customer satisfaction or replacement/refund policy???

And this is not the way to deal with customer. eBay customer care executives are not at all customer friendly.

Please resolve it immediately

Regards

Prajesh Prajapati

Message 169 of 233
latest reply

Hats off to Ebay india's pathetic service.

My refund has been stuck since 20 days and I am conitnuously calling ebay customer support. But they always say "You will get a call from our side." Its been like 15 days I still havent recd. a word from them.

This is what excatly happend :

15 Aug 2014 :  I have purchased a health supplement Dymatize whey Elite 5 LBs.The price seller mentioned was too good to be true.

However I asked the seller after making the purchase that whatever he is selling doesnt seems to be genuine at this price.

He replied to me by telling that He is selling 100% Genuine items.

I received the product on 18 Aug . I found that the product was a total fake and Contacted the seller. He asked me to return the product.

I shipped back the product on 21 Aug using a local courier as the other courier co's were demanding a hefty price and certificates regarding the product. I did not had any of it  bcoz the seller did not provide me.

Before raising my claim on ebay on 27 Aug via customer support, CSR asked me to provide the shipping details, I managed to mail them the receipt I received , unfortunately CSR team said it is not sufficient proof because it is not traceable via online .

I already mentioned that it was not traceable and they should call the seller for confirmation.

None was done. Again CSR team asked me for proof. being already sent 3-4 times, the claim was rejected. then I finally called up the seller asking him to confirm with ebay and mail them for refund, The seller was co-operative , he asked me call him the next day. So i did and he mailed to ebay and cc me. After calling ebay on 8th Sept, the CSR was so pathetic that he said he didnt received any mail from seller.

I mean how in the world he cannot receive the mail in which I was cc.I asked him 3 times to check , the first 2 times he was avoiding and at last he said that the mail is received. So I asked him to process the refund and he asked me to wait 48 hrs to be done.

However there was no reply from the PATHETIC ebay CSR team.

And on 15th Sept. I once again called up ebay CSR, asking him to connect me to the supervisor, he asked me the problem, I told him the whole story, after fetching up all the details, he too asked me to wait another 24hrs to receive the call and also I asked him whether the have the sellers mail or not? He replied affirmitive , and the mail was received on 11th Sept. This was shocking to me, because I received the mail very same day after talking up with the seller, and after 4 days they received the mail? Hows that possible?

After calling them for almost every day, I still havent recd the call. I mean no call not even a message.

My Money has been stuck for like a month now.

Claim ID : ***

Paisapay ID : ***

Contact No : ***

I even have the call recordings of the CSR team. And they are not connecting me to the supervisor, Because they are afraid.

Today I m posting this after a long time because my patience is finished.

I am fed up from their service, Its the worst in my opinion.

Message 170 of 233
latest reply