Shipping time

Wanted to share my buying experience of late in ebay with respect to the time I had to wait for the seller to ship the item. I have been a buyer at ebay for more than 10 years and so far have had mostly good experience. 

The ebay guarantee claim page states that the seller would ship within 3 days of purchase and the item should arrive within 5 days of purchase. 

Based on my recent experience, I checked with the ebay support what would happen if the seller does not ship my item within 3 days of purchase

The response was a vague " we will give some more time to the seller" 

upon probing how much more can the some more time can be, I was given a response that it is 2 more days. effectively giving 5 days for the seller to ship the item

My next question was what if the seller does not ship within those 5 days.

The response was again a vague " we will internally escalate the issue"

upon probing what kind of escalation, I was told it is a internal detail which cannot be shared with me.

When i quoted my particular case where it is more than 5 days of purchase and the seller has not shipped the item yet and demanded to know what action has been taken from ebay end, i am given the standard response to contact the seller, to which i told there was no response from the seller, i am asked to raise an ebay guarantee claim after 7 days of purchase. So I make a purchase and the seller chooses not to send the item for whatever reason, I can do absolutely nothing and the seller is immune for the next 7 days after which I have to raise a claim and fight to get back my money ( which takes further time as the seller is given further time to present their case)

If ebay feels the seller should be given 7 days to ship a purchased item why make a false impression to the buyer that the item will be shipped within 3 days. 

Message 1 of 1
latest reply
0 REPLIES 0