cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Beware when buying one plus 3 NEW phones in ebay india sellers such as Slidecart

gypsymg410
Community Member

Even before I bought the phone,I asked the seller whether its a new phone or not.The seller assured me its a new phone and that I will get a genuine vat paid amazon bill.So hence I ordered the phone.

On 10 sep when I received the phone,I was shocked to find that I have received a refurbished phone and there was no bill ,instead a letter stating a PDF invoice will be sent to my registered email ID.

I concluded thats its refurbished phone based on the fact that the phone didn't come with a pre applied screen protector,no seal or cover on the charger,no cap on the USB type C connector which goes into the phone,only one usb cable holder/clip instead of 2.
Missing welcome letter from their ceo.
I asked the seller why the phone doesn't have a screen protector,the seller said that the phone comes with a CPE bag instead of the screen protector.
So i called oneplus 3 customer care and they said that all one plus 3 phones till date comes with pre applied screen protector,they further said only amazon is authorized to sell new phones and that sellers in ebay can only sell refurbished phone.

I asked the seller for the Invoice,he sent a invoice to my registered email Id and that invoice has a date of 6 August.When i mention the date he sends me a second invoice with the september 6 date.

I got suspicious and called amazon india and I say they the order id mentioned in the invoice and ask them whose name is the bill and the address they said its a person from chennai and the name is mithun.I then asked them the IMEI number ,now since the order id is in some one else name ,I told them the my situation and they finally agreed to ,I told them the IMEI number and they said that its different in their records,as per them the IMEI number starts as 8602 where as the phone sent by slidecart and his fake invoice starts from 8601 .Amazon said that they can inform the concerned legal team because ,slidecart is using amazon name in his invoice.
So i told amazon will first inform ebay and that ebay will take care of the seller.

I confront all of the this to the seller and the selle said he is ready for a refund,replacement.

I said the seller that I will accept a new phone only if the IMEI number the order ID can be verified with amazon india.
The seller said that he will order a new phone from amazon and that he will not even remove the amazon orginal packaging and that he will place the amazon package in a box with ebay cover and my address.To which i agree.
He said he has a ordered a new phone from amazon and you can seen in the ebay message that he has a shared a new amazon order ID and also a tracking number from amazon.

On the day he said he received the package from amazon,he said that he will ship the new phone only after I give hime a  positive feedback,I refused this.

I told him that I will call ebay and ask them for the next step.So i called ebay with the case The ebay customer care person said that it was okay for me to give the seller a positive feedback ,since the seller is willing to correct his mistake by sending a new replacement phone.The customer care said that I can give him a positive feedback once I receive a waybill number.So I called the seller and ebay was in conference meaning ebay and seller and myself could all hear one another.It was agreed by the seller that he will ship the new phone immediately and that he will forward the waybill number and that I should give a me a positive feedback after he gives the waybill number and that I also mention in the feedback that I will send the refurbished phone once I receive the new one.The seller said that he will arrange for a reverse pick up after I receive the new phone.After which the seller disconnected the call.But ebay customer care was still on the line and ebay customer care assured me that ebay guarantee will protect me incase if the seller does not go by his word and that call his recored by ebay so I need not worry about it.

So the seller after 1 hr sends a picture of the waybill number in whats app i asked him to send it again in  ebay message,in that same message also he asks me to give a positive feedback and that i mentioned that will send the old phone back to him once i receive the new phone.
I gave him feedback as per the seller and ebay customer care.

On the day the waybill number tracking showed thats its out for delivery,I called bluedart and asked them when they will deliver.
Blue dart said that as per their records the name of the package is in the name of Shop your gadgets Mr Tarun Kathwani and the address pincode phone number is all different compared to mine.
Bluedart said that Mr Katgwani i a regular client of theirs and he has refused the package.

Bluedart service incharge person called me and he asked the picture of the waybill receipt ,i sent it to him and he inturn sent a picture of the actual package.
He also said that he has asked the sender Slidecart regarding this
and that he send the picture of the package and the picture of the waybill to the sender slidecart.

I called the seller and he refused to answer the calls

I they asked why he did this fraud and why he sent the package to someone else.He has not replied to these two points instead ,started to abuse.

Next day got a call from Bluedart service inchagre and he said the package is still with them and that the sender slidecart as not replied.
Bluedart person then asks me what is going on,I told them the exact fact and he was shocked and sorry for me and he further said that as per them the package weight is hardly 30 to 40grams and that there is no change of the package having a phone inside.

I opened ebay claim on 19th september and also escalleted this matter and finally I got my money back,as per ebay the seller agree to refund.The seller got his refurbished phone back.

So beware of such sellers like slidecart .

T

o those buying oneplus 3 phones whose listing says it new,think twice its higly likely to be a refurbished phone.

I am not the only one who had issue with this seller here is another buyer who faced the issue.

http://community.ebay.in/t5/Feedback-to-India-Team/SLIDECART-FRAUD-SELLER-SELLS-ONEPLUS-3-Please-don...

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Beware when buying one plus 3 NEW phones in ebay india sellers such as Slidecart

I request all my brother not to buy this phone from these seller like einspire, slidekart. If u want to loose ur money, please buy these phone.

Message 2 of 2
latest reply