cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I received a fake product from a eBay seller as per service centre in Jaipur. How eBay can help?

pkandhal7
Community Member

See attachment.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Re: I received a fake product from a eBay seller as per service centre in Jaipur. How eBay can help?

Hi,

Ask seller to replace this,  if he not then u can raise a complaint  as a buyer protection,  ebay can help in this matter.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Re: I received a fake product from a eBay seller as per service centre in Jaipur. How eBay can help?

Thanks, Sirisolar for the suggestion. I asked the seller for refund. He provided street address for a service center in Jaipur where I should take this AV to RF converter (for which I paid Rs. 299)  to get the matter resolved. The manager of that service center told me they do not sell such product and therefore cannot replace or repair it.  Moreover, he also observed that there is no name of the manufacturer and place on the product or the carton (obviously a sign for fake product).  Although he was not really obliged to communicate this officially to me, he responded by email that this product does not belong to his company. I sent the contents of that email to the seller together with manager's name and his phone number and email ID. I asked him to verify it by calling tha manager. Thereupon, he responsed to me he is trying to coordinate with the customer care to resolve this problem.

After waiting for over 2 months, I bought the product locally and demanded the seller to make a refund of Rs. 299. After nothing happened, I complained to eBay again. Their supervisor put the seller and me over the phone where the seller had a new demand. He asked me to get a hard copy letter from the service center that this product does not belong to them. Only then he will consider refunding Rs. 299. I told him it is his responsibility to call the service center of the product he sold to me. Moreover, the service center has no obligation to me to provide such a letter. Unfortunately, the eBay supervisor agreed with the seller! My money is gone. Is this the way eBay is going to serve its customers by favouring the sellers who dump defective items on the customers and do not want to replace or give refund by giving evasive replies or making unjustified demands. It is not a matter of mre Rs. 299, it is a matter of principle and fairness and justice. God save eBay in India!

Message 3 of 3
latest reply