cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

How does the buyer protection program help buyers cheated by seller

I recently bought an item on ebay for about 4000 Rs. The the seller delayed the shipping, never picked up his phone and after a long wait sent a defective item. When I tried having a dialogue with the seller via phone, he refused to pick up his calls. Later when I did manage to reach out to the seller he is refusing to refund or replace the defective item for some reason and claims that the courier was delivered(it was collected by my security personnel as I was out of town) 5 days back and the defect was not communicated to him on the same day. I tested the item a day after I came back to town and found it defective and immediately called the seller(would have dialled 25-30 times as I was worried since the price was a huge amount). As before, he didnt pick up the calls and hence the next day I raised a concern with ebay. I am not very sure whether the seller's claims are logical here but I found his claims completely unreasonable. Please can somebody suggest how to deal with this situation and whether ebay will help me out.
Message 1 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

There is worse news. I placed a negative feedback on the seller expressing the issues I had faced (defective item received, no response for calls, denied replacement/refund eventhough problem was reported immediately). The community court has decided on the seller's favour(how could this be? - There was not even a single word in the feedback which is untrue) which is a completely biased decision.

Now, all I have is a defective/unusable sofa for which I spent Rs. 4000. No refund/replacement and I cant even express the truth via the feedback system. Very unfair and biased treatment by ebay, probably because the seller is bringing more business to them.

Please can somebody suggest what I should be doing now. Should I go to the consumer court?
Message 11 of 15
latest reply

Tried an SNAD case and the buyer protection claim. Still awaiting ebay's response on the claim.

One thought that has been bothering me... I havent even asked for a refund but a replacement within 2 days of receipt of the item where I was ready to pay the shipping cost. Why would the seller pick up his phone or be non-cooperative unless he is guilty of sending me a defective item knowingly? Isnt this looking like an intended fraud?
Message 12 of 15
latest reply

singh.deepu777
Community Member
Dear Friends,

My Complaint is even more complicated than yours......

This is a Issue where I have Purchased the Item No. 130384213082. I have never received this Item. It was not reviewed by the PaisaPay Customer Support. Ebay has Rejected my Refund without any Investigation.

Docket Details of the Courier (DTDC : P12263889) reflects that Shipment was Dispatched on April 17, 2010 ; Whereas, I have purchased the Item on Sunday April 18, 2010. Just tell me, How it is Possible ?????

And Courier was delivered in Chennai, whereas My Registered Address with Ebay is in Dehradun, since the time of Registration.

I have also escalated the case to trust and safety, but they are not responds to my mails from last more than 1 month.

Friends, eBay has a monopoly for all this Business Model. Please tell me where I will File the FIR against eBay for this Fraud ????? I am from Dehradun...

Thanks,

Please have a look at my mails :

Dear Sir/Madam,

Please Do the Needful on Urgent basis, as this Issue is Pending from last more than 1 month.

Regards,

Deepu Singh
eBay ID : singh.deepu777

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, Jun 14, 2010 at 6:58 PM
Subject: Fwd: SHORC003 - ATTN: Ashish G. | eBay Purchase Protection Program Claim - Claim # 1716075. (KMM27445355I15977L0KM)
To: eBay India Customer Support - insppp

Dear Sir/Madam,

Response Awaited........... for Claim No # 1716075

Regards,

Deepu Singh

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, Jun 11, 2010 at 7:31 AM
Subject: Re: SHORC003 - ATTN: Ashish G. | eBay Purchase Protection Program Claim - Claim # 1716075. (KMM27445355I15977L0KM)
To: eBay India Customer Support - insppp

Dear Sir/Madam,

This mail is in regards to the claim filed by me against seller "binasaha" for item No # 130384213082 ; Claim No # 1716075. It was temporarily Closed by your Team as My Account was Suspended.

Now their is No Restriction on My eBay Account. As I have already told you that It was very unfair decision in the favour of Seller for the PaisaPay ID : 26565929356.

It was not reviewed by the PaisaPay Customer Support. Please have a look at the attached Screenshot. Where Docket Details of the Courier (DTDC : P12263889) reflects that Shipment was Dispatched on April 17, 2010 ; Whereas, I have purchased the Item on Sunday April 18, 2010. Just tell me, How it is Possible ????? (Please also check the same by yourself)

And Second thing is that the Shipment was Delivered in Chennai, Whereas My Registered Address on eBay is in Dehradun City (North India) since the time of Registration.

And I have also attached the second Screenshot, Where Seller herself claims that she has entered the wrong shipping details and unable to remove the same, As I have already told her to cancel the Transaction just due to the Pirated Item.

Now, Please investigate this matter on Urgent Basis, and do the Needful on Urgent Basis.

Regards,

Deepu Singh
Mobile No. : 9458144136

On Wed, May 26, 2010 at 5:19 PM, eBay India Customer Support - insppp wrote:
Hello,

This mail is in regards to the claim filed by you against your seller
for item No # . Claim No # 1716075.

We reviewed your account and saw that your eBay account is currently
suspended. Unfortunately, for this reason you're not eligible to file a
Buyer Protection Claim. As such, we have temporarily closed your claim
# 1716075.

To resolve this situation, please take the necessary steps to remove the
restriction on your account. You should have received an email that
provides instructions on reinstating your account. If you're unsure
about why your account has been restricted, or if you did not receive an
email about the restriction, please contact us.

For additional information on resolving account restrictions, go to:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/account/RegisterVerifyPSU.html

As soon as your account has been reinstated, please contact the seller
to resolve the situation. If you are unable to do so, you can then reply
to this email with the claim number, and we'd certainly like to assist
you further with this issue.

Sincerely,
Ashish G
Claims Adjuster
Standard Purchase Protection Program
eBay Trust & Safety

Dear Sir/Madam,

Why the Refund of PaisaPay ID 26565929356 is Rejected. I have not received this Item till now and seller has entered the wrong shipping details.

I think you people have not checked the shipping details entered by the seller. DTDC , Airway Bill No : P12263889

POINT NO. 1 :

I have Purchased the Item on April 18, 2010. Whereas the Courier details reflects that it was Dispatched on April 17, 2010.

It means, seller has shipped the item one day before my Purchase. HOW IT IS POSSIBLE ??????????

POINT NO. 2 :

Courier Tracking Details reflects that This was delivered on April 19, 2010 in Chennai, Whereas My registered Address in E Bay is at Dehradun since the time of Registration.

POINT NO. 3 :

It was Sunday on April 18, 2010. How it is possible that It was delivered to me on same day in chennai, as it was dispatched from Pune. I have purchased the same on Sunday, April 18, 2010 at after 20:00 hrs.

POINT NO. 4:

Please have a look at the Attachments where screen shot of the mail from seller is attached, where she accept that she has entered the wrong shipping details and she is then unable to delete the wrong details, as We both do not want to complete this Transaction.

Humbly Request to you please Investigate these Urgent Points and Hold the Refund on Urgent Basis.

And please take the decision only after the Investigation on above mentioned Points.

Regards,
- Hide quoted text -

Deepu Singh
Message 13 of 15
latest reply

shubraj
Community Member
Hi
I have received mail from ebay that my refund request for the item (Sony Ericsson Experia X10 8GB 2 months used+Accessories) has been rejected by PaisaPay due to the following reason: Proof of delivery verified, on 22-Aug-10.
I am contacting ebay customer support for last one month that I had not recieved the product and I have been told by customer executive that Mr Anekat of refund deptt will going to contact me.He never called me but now I got this mail that my refund request has been rejected,I am getting a feeling that I have been getting cheated by ebay.I demand you to show/send me the proof of delivery.How the proof of delivery can be there when the details of delivery given by seller was not correct as the airway bill number given by him was not correct as confirmed by the courier company offices at Mumbai and Delhi.
(Seller genuine.buy has shipped item (Sony Ericsson Experia X10 8GB 2 months used+Accessories) on 12-Jul-10. The shipping details are:
Track this item

* Courier name: Akash Ganga Couriers
* Airway bill details: 11125866019
* Remarks: Delivery within 3 Business days

I again request you to give me the proof of delivery given by seller.I again say,that first I was cheated by that seller by giving false information about the courier details and now ebay is cheating by rejecting my refund request.
I am associated with ebay since many years and a regular buyer but today I am getting a feeling that ebay is not genuine company and is cheating a genuine buyer.

Rajeev
Message 14 of 15
latest reply

mekdilamee
Community Member
I bought an ipad 4( Item Id 192040971955) from eBay on 1st of November but till now did recieve it...now yesterday I raised a refund request..but the seller has seller has out the refund request on hold...I dint understand why and what is going to happen...will theyou refund me...
Message 15 of 15
latest reply