cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

How does the buyer protection program help buyers cheated by seller

I recently bought an item on ebay for about 4000 Rs. The the seller delayed the shipping, never picked up his phone and after a long wait sent a defective item. When I tried having a dialogue with the seller via phone, he refused to pick up his calls. Later when I did manage to reach out to the seller he is refusing to refund or replace the defective item for some reason and claims that the courier was delivered(it was collected by my security personnel as I was out of town) 5 days back and the defect was not communicated to him on the same day. I tested the item a day after I came back to town and found it defective and immediately called the seller(would have dialled 25-30 times as I was worried since the price was a huge amount). As before, he didnt pick up the calls and hence the next day I raised a concern with ebay. I am not very sure whether the seller's claims are logical here but I found his claims completely unreasonable. Please can somebody suggest how to deal with this situation and whether ebay will help me out.
Message 1 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Whenever you post your concern and want help from fellow members of the ebay forum, please list item number, item details and seller name/ebay id, purchase date etc.

For starts you can file a SNAD (item not as described) case with ebay.
Regards.
Raj Electroniks.
Message 2 of 15
latest reply

Seller: just_4_u_no.1
Item # : 120536231338
Item Name: Air-U-Space 5 in 1 Sofa bed PLUS FREE GIFT

Sorry for not providing this info in the initial post!
Message 3 of 15
latest reply

Thanks for the suggestion. I filed an SNAD case and unfortunately nothing seems to be happening. Will I ever get a replacement or refund? Should I approach the consumer court if ebay is not going to help?
Message 4 of 15
latest reply

If there is no outcome of SNAD case within the stipulated time period then you can always escalate your case to ebay's "Buyer Purchase Protection Program" where ebay will reimburse you your full amount paid for this defective item. Please read and understand all the mails carefully which you receive from ebay and be ready to provide any/all details/proofs required by ebay.

Keep us updated here.......
Regards.
Raj Electroniks.
Message 5 of 15
latest reply

Would request the suggestions from the community. I raised as SNAD case but it doesnt seem to help. The case status shows 'Refund request put on hold as seller has appealed against refund request.'. Not sure what it means and how ebay can put the request on hold without any investigation or asking me for proofs on the defective item. Please can somebody help me understand what could be done from my side.
Message 6 of 15
latest reply

SNAD cases are not resolved within a day, after you have filed your complaint ebay will ask the seller to put forth his views on the same and then again you will be asked to give a reply to sellers view and so on till an amicable decision is reached or otherwise, again all this within a fixed time period. SNAD case will take its time. Please do not expect the case to be resolved within a few days. You have filed case on 11th Sunday and ebay does not work on weekends so have patience ok.
Regards.
Raj Electroniks.
Message 7 of 15
latest reply

silva7_in1
Community Member
I have been sold a mobile without 2 features which were there on the page and the seller refuses to accept. Will Ebay please clarify this ? the features are:- 13. Pinch in - out technology to zoom in or out in photos & Photos can be slided to change & 17. Gravity sensor - Rotate mobile so image and video will rotate automatically
Message 8 of 15
latest reply

silva7_in1
Community Member
I have been sold a mobile without 2 features which were there on the page and the seller refuses to accept. Will Ebay please clarify this ? the features are:- 13. Pinch in - out technology to zoom in or out in photos & Photos can be slided to change & 17. Gravity sensor - Rotate mobile so image and video will rotate automatically / Item number: 170466157324 Seller is mobileaccesories
Message 9 of 15
latest reply

silva7_in1
Community Member
I have been sold a mobile without 2 features which were there on the page and the seller refuses to accept. Will Ebay please clarify this ? the features are:- 13. Pinch in - out technology to zoom in or out in photos & Photos can be slided to change & 17. Gravity sensor - Rotate mobile so image and video will rotate automatically / Item number: 170466157324 Seller is mobileaccesories

AWB no :91020904008871
Ref No : 12341093
Pick up date : 09/04/2010 Product Type : PACKAGES Weight : 1
Origin :BDQ Destination :DBL
Customer : Consignee : FRANCISCO SILVA Consignee City : GOA
Sender : SAMIR VED Pincode : 403601
Delivered Date : 12/04/2010 Status : Arrival at Delivery Facility
Recepient : Identification : Relationship :
Message 10 of 15
latest reply