cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Both ebay and the seller are cheating me!

nobidding_buyitnow
Community Member
i purchased one laptop (paisapay id. 26612951022) from veedeedirect on 29th apr. the seller shipped the item via DTDC. Consignment no. M52292706. On 5th May while checking the status online, i found it was deliverd. Actually it was not delivered to me. I contacted the local DTDC branch and then the regional office. They confirmed me that the particular consignment was deliverd to some different address according to the address provided on it.. They also provided me the address where it was delivered and and it is around 400kms from where i am leaving. Then i claimed refund for non receipt of the item after 9th May. Today ebay contacted me and informed me that the seller has given them the proof of delivery and they are going to cancell my refund request. .i am surprised to know how can the seller provided the proof of delivery. I am ready to spend money to punish everybody involved in this fraud. I will go to consumer court.. But i will seek your help before proceeding. Is there any other option left with me.

Regards
ebay id: nobidding_buyitnow
Manas Pradhan
Message 1 of 41
latest reply
40 REPLIES 40

nobidding_buyitnow
Community Member
I talked to ebay customer care on 27th evening. They said 28th is the last date for the seller to provide proof of delivery. If the seller is unable to provide it, they are going to refund my money.

Today is 29th and I'm waiting for any communication from ebay regarding my refund.
Message 31 of 41
latest reply

nobidding_buyitnow
Community Member
The seller confirmed me that, DTDC could not provide the "Proof Of Delivery" to them, hence i'm going to get the refund.

I was supposed to get the refund on 29th, as per the commitment from ebay. ebay! why you are delaying, it is already more than a month.
Message 32 of 41
latest reply

Hello,

This is Devesh From VeedeeDirect.

I have not been visiting this forum regularly hence haven't seen this post earlier.

The long and short of this matter is that yes,the parcel has been lost in transit. But enquiry was going on a daily basis. Till the time the enquiry is completed a refund cannot be issued. Many a times in big companies some receives a parcel and the intended receipt gets it after many days.

Getting POD from courier companies takes some time.

DTDC has cofirmed loss of parcel only on 31/05/2010 and hence the buyer will be shortly refunded.

Loss Letter from DTDC:

Just imagine the case when buyer is refunded but:

1) Someone else in his company recieved the parcel and went on leave. Buyer received the parcel a day after he gets his refund.

2) The parcel is delivered to the buyer the next day of the refuund.

3) The buyer is lying and out ot defraud ebay and the seller. (happens quite often, notbidding - do not take this personally - there is another thread on the boards - http://forums.ebay.in/thread.jspa?threadID=500007227)

There are many reasons why a buyer cannot be refunded before enquiry is over. Thank God for PaisaPay refund. In olden days buyers would have would have to go for ebaY claim which would take about 3 months. Here buyer will get refunded latest in one month.

The community seems to be quick in passing judgements on cases which they have no clue about.

Some points and clarifications.

We ship out about 500 parcles every month and have been doing the same for almost 10 years now. About 50,000 orders received and delivered on ebay / baazee.

@ post no.2,

its a very serious matter of fraud

Do not use words such as "fraud" for co-sellers without full knowledge

@ post no.6.

It is crystal clear now that the seller has sent document to his/her friend in Utkal, which is clearly mentioned on DRS.

Do not assume facts not on record.

@ post no.9

THE main thing is that buyer should his recd the refunds immediately

Refund can only be issused once matter is clear. When courier accept that they have lost or misdelivered the parcel. Till a compnay size of DTDC (ADAG is a major investor) claims they have delivered, you have to take them at their word.

@ post no.11

Sir, you absense in this entire discussion is very disturbing,

I do not visit the boards everyday. There is no automactic system where a user post has been made he is notified. My account managers also missed this post.

@ post no.18

Ideally the seller shouldn't have used DTDC for sending such a valuable item. They should have used Blue Dart.

Blue Dart does not have service to buyer's address. Only DTDC services such a remote location.

Manas Pradhan
Essel Mining & Industries Ltd.
At/Po - Barbil
Keonjhar, OR 758035
India
At/Po - Barbil

It is a Post Office in rural India. Not a metro, not a city, not a town, not even a taluka head office. A small village. We have six contracts with 6 different couriers to serve almost any location in India. DTDC has the biggest reach.

From Wikipedia about Barbil:

The basic infrastructure particularly the roads (roads leading towards Rourkela and Tatanagar are at a Misarable state 80 km towards each side, It takes 6 to 8 hours to reach Kendujhar which is the District head quarters situated 77K.M

@ post no.27

PS: I am of the opinion that the Proof of Dispatch looks fake. There is no DTDC branch rubber stamp of the slip, the seller rubber stamp is also missing. The slip seems to have been written by a child,

We live in India. Courier delivery and pick boys are one of the lowest wage jobs in the market. They will be uneducated and write like this.

@ post no.28

This is 100% genuine airway bill. Most airway bill look like this only. The airway bill is trackable online. No courier company can have two airwaybills with the same number. I have seen you on the boards for a long time. I believe your primary ebay account has been suspended from selling without any chance of re-sinstatement?

We appologise to the customer for the inconveneince caused to him. However he has been in touch with us almost every day. We have answered his every call / email. Cheat would not stay there, they run away after cheating. We have been on ebay for over 9 years and will be here for many more to come.

The moral of the story is :

Delivering high value consignments to remote locations is not worth it.

The buyer will receive his amount shorlty. However now we have to go for insurance claim. If the claim is approved we will receive the amount, maybe after 3 months. However our insurace premium is going to go up.

As of now we have stopped accepting orders from customers from remote locations for high value orders. A refund will be issued to all such buyers.

A sincre request to all community members do not jump to conclusions when you have heards on one side of a story.

Even coin has two sides.

Devesh
Message 33 of 41
latest reply

@Deveshbhai...

Rajeev here, nobody is against you deveshhai, you know that and we all know you well and that made it more surprising that there was no input from you on this issue. I wish you could have said a few words which would have put matters at rest. Anyway good that you have resolved the issue and all is well now. Nothing personal at all please.

Take from DTDC a 50 or 100 page slip book where you can put your seller rubber stamp and write the buyer details fully and in legible writing.
Regards.
Raj Electroniks.
Message 34 of 41
latest reply

nobidding_buyitnow
Community Member
Dear Mr. Devesh,

Thank you for you comments and reply. I appreciate what you have said. Thanks for supporting.

About Barbil, it is a hill station area and you can find many industries here particularly related to steel. Big companies like TATA, Birla, Jindal etc are operating since a long time.

Daily two trains including a Jansatabdi runs from Barbil to Kolkata via Jamshedpur. Hence there should not be any problem in communication.

If a courier company prefers road, I hope they have to dispatch from Bhubaneswar to Barbil not from Rourkela to Barbil. Condition of the road approaching Barbil from Bhubaneswar is good.

In my company people receive parcels almost daily through DTDC, First Flight, Flyking, Aramex etc. Two days back First Flight delivered 25 Dell laptops ordered from Bhubaneswar.

In the past, I've received costly products like digital cameras (2 cameras costing approx 33000 rupees). I have also received around 20 items (including 2 from you) purchased from ebay in the same address without any hassle.

This time the laptop is not lost at Barbil. In my opinion it is lost in between Mumbai-Kolkata-Bhubaneswar. Rather i would say it was being stolen by some DTDC franchise people and to protect his image/reputation DTDC can present the matter to you like anything.

Anyway, my tension is almost over, as i am going to get the refund. I'll forget the way i've suffered in last one month. Thanks for your co-operation.

Regards
Manas Pradhan
Message 35 of 41
latest reply

linuxsims
Community Member
I am a pure buyer on ebay. I like the clear, concise and factual reply written by Deveshbhai. Kudos!
Message 36 of 41
latest reply

2010sarolit2k8
Community Member
What the heck is going on above, I think Ebay is not a right place to purchase any high cost product.

I was thinking to Purchase a Asus Mother board - Rampage II extreme, the cost is 21864 by Ebay.

I think it will be good to purchage from Bhubaneswar ever if it is 2000 rupee more.

I can feel about the person who has given the money and still he is facing this much problem

Contact me 9861631843 - Want to know is there any office in Bhubaneswar or orissa, from where i will get my product direcly on cash.
Message 37 of 41
latest reply

hasapate0
Community Member

Message 38 of 41
latest reply

hasapate0
Community Member
Muje DRS copy ki bahot jarurat he
DRS copy kaha se or kaise lena he please anybody help me
Message 39 of 41
latest reply

Kutte hai ebay waale , mujhe v chuna laga diya hai, 1000 rs ka powerbank maine resend kar diya aur seller bhag gaya ebay chod ke, ebay bakwaas site hai
Message 40 of 41
latest reply