cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Understanding the UPI (Unpaid Item) process - 14 June (12 - 1 PM)

sapana@ebay.com
eBay Employee
eBay Employee
Hello Sellers,

As you must be aware, you need to follow the UPI process in eBay in order to get fee credits for unpaid items. However, the UPI process has some significant differences as compared to the SNC process on the old Baazee site.

To know the UPI process in details and to ensure that you successfully receive all the fee credits, please join us in this workshop on Tuesday, 14th June, from 12:00 PM to 1:00 PM IST

Regards,
Sapana
Community development Team
Message 1 of 42
latest reply
41 REPLIES 41

nvid@ebay.com
Community Member
When should I reverse an Unpaid Item strike?

Any instance when you have received payment from the buyer and completed the transaction, or the buyer has satisfied their obligation to you and you do not feel they should be penalized.
Regards,
nvid
Regards,
Vidmay
Message 21 of 42
latest reply

nvid@ebay.com
Community Member
What is Final Value Fee abuse?

Final Value Fee abuse is the act of requesting Final Value Fee credits for transactions where a credit is not deserved.
Regards,
nvid
Regards,
Vidmay
Message 22 of 42
latest reply

nvid@ebay.com
Community Member
A buyer has three negative feedback comments pertaining to recent Unpaid Items, but they are not suspended. Why?

The feedback forum is separate from the Unpaid Item Process. A negative feedback comment does not guarantee that a seller has filed an Unpaid Item strike. Buyers will be suspended if they receive too many Unpaid Item strikes in too short a period of time โ€“ generally 3 from unique sellers. Each strike is required to be from different sellers in order to count toward suspension.
Regards,
nvid
Regards,
Vidmay
Message 23 of 42
latest reply

nvid@ebay.com
Community Member
I tried to communicate with my trading partner using the Unpaid Item system, and they responded with vulgar and/or abusive language. What should I do?
eBay provides the Online Dispute Resolution system to assist members in completing their transactions. As a general rule, we do not monitor or censor the information members provide to each other, as members could just as easily put the communication into email messages. In severe cases, eBay will consider taking action if warranted.

To maximize the chance that youโ€™ll be able to work things out with your transaction partner, try to follow these tips:

โ€ขKeep your perspective. Sometimes the "winner" can really be a loser in terms of wasted time and negative feedback.
โ€ขDonโ€™t presume that your buyer or seller is acting unfairly or unreasonably.
โ€ขTalk about the situation you want to resolve and potential solutions, not your assessment of your trading partner's character.
โ€ขDonโ€™t threaten or insult. It usually just stiffens the other sideโ€™s resolve and makes them less accommodating and cooperative.
โ€ขTry to use negative feedback as a last resort.
โ€ขSometimes being accommodating to your buyer can be good for your business in the future. Bear in mind that your reputation is your most valuable asset.
Regards,
nvid
Regards,
Vidmay
Message 24 of 42
latest reply

Hello,
Can we block a User who is had Just Newly created ID...(i.e less then 30 days) and Please introduce something which will review the rating Just As BAAZEE ...Coz in India people give Negative rating just to get infomration about the order Status or to Communicate in case of delay in despatching Prodcust...So You See "JAISA DESH WAISA BHES"...!
Thanks,
Deep Agarwal.
Shree Krishna Gems.
Message 25 of 42
latest reply

indconcepts
Community Member
The other day I had a telephonic discussion with ebay staff member. He told me that even members with ZERO feed back can be blocked.

But I can see Block is permitted to -1, -2 & -3.

Please clarify.

IndConcepts

best regards

Umang Midha

IndConcepts logo7
Message 26 of 42
latest reply

yash@ebay.com
Community Member
Dear shree_krishna_gems

Sellers don't have the ability to block new buyers. All of us are new buyers at some point of time, however as a platform we are looking at blocking fraudulent users either to buy or sell and we are in the process of analysing the data. We hope to see a significant resolution of this issue of fraudulent buyers in the coming months.

We are working to address the concerns related to the feedback process, including those related negative feedback and you would hear from us soon. Regards

Yash
Regards

Yash
Message 27 of 42
latest reply

indconcepts
Community Member
Nobody is repling....is the workshop over?

best regards

Umang Midha

IndConcepts logo7
Message 28 of 42
latest reply

indconcepts
Community Member
Why aren't the new comers verified with their Credit Card.

This way they can't come back with other ID and the problem of UPI would be reduced.

IndConcepts

best regards

Umang Midha

IndConcepts logo7
Message 29 of 42
latest reply

yash@ebay.com
Community Member
Dear indconcepts

nvid is posting a response on blocking the users with 0 feedback. You can also read the 7th Posting in this workshop which talks about the abilities a seller has in controlling the kind of buyers on the items Regards

Yash
Regards

Yash
Message 30 of 42
latest reply