cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Understand the proposed changes to eBay feedback Policy - 22 July (6 -7 PM)

sapana@ebay.com
eBay Employee
eBay Employee
Hello Everybody,

As you must be aware, recently eBay has announced the following important changes in the feedback system:
• Neutralizing feedback left by members who don't participate in issue resolution processes
• Removing feedback from users who are indefinitely suspended within 90 days of registration
• Requiring new members to complete a tutorial before leaving neutral or negative feedback

This workshop is aimed at helping you understand the implication of the proposed changes in the feedback system going forward. Staff members from eBay International Trust and Safety team will be available to answer your questions regarding the same. We look forward towards your active interaction in the workshop.

Host: eBay staff
Date: Friday 22nd July
Time: 6.00 to 7.00 PM (IST)

Regards,
Sapana
Message 1 of 38
latest reply
37 REPLIES 37

snrama
Community Member
Hi Ebay,

We want a "Feedback Request" link. Many Good Buyers don't leave feedbacks after the transaction is over.
---------------
With Regards,
Navaneeth (snrama) 😉
Message 11 of 38
latest reply

mobilesgalore_in1
Community Member
Dear Ebay staff ,
The migration of site from Baazee to Ebay .There were 3 negative ratings on my id which were solved by me & the rating was removed by Baazee .But as the site was migrated tese negative ratings were reflected on Ebay for which i have been constantly contacting Ebay staff for which i was asured that they will stop reflecting .But till date nothing has been done & i am fedup of contacting Ebay staff .Though the staff is very co operative & polite & ready to help at all times .But the result is nothing .The Baazee rating policy was good & suitable for Indian Sellers & buyers .
Message 12 of 38
latest reply

loneonlinebuy
Community Member
Dear ebay team,
I strongly agree with m/s Kaya Jawels.
Following problems must be redressed for smooth functioning of ebay.
1. There should be Provision for editing feedbacks.
2. There should be some control on false bidders/buyers.
3. Giving feedback should be mandatory.
4. Negative feedback should be the last tool.
5. ebay should update accounts every month.
Message 13 of 38
latest reply

halwawala_in1
Community Member
:^O Hi every body at board.
I have read all he postings by the Selers and would agre to al of them and would also e-bay to implement all those sugestions . From my side - just two suggestions - KINDLY ENSURE THAT THE NON PAYING BIDDERS SHOULD NOT BE ALLOWED TO RATE THE ELER AT ALL , leave apart negative or neutral .
The feedback removal HAS TO BE THERE , if good , dedicated sellers are to be encouraged and honured by e-bay.
If a buyer doesnot leave a feedaack , it should automaticaaly be made a positive one.
thks
halwawala
Message 14 of 38
latest reply

halwawala_in1
Community Member
Yes, one most imprtant point - if a user is suspended from e-bay , the positive ratings which he has left for other selers SHOULD NOT BE DELETED AT ALL - as the said ratings has been left for the proper and good service and products provided by the seller . Negative ratings left by him may however be deletd. Thks. halwawala ,
Message 15 of 38
latest reply

svarma@ebay.com
Community Member
Hi Everyone,

Thanks for participating in today’s workshop. My name is Sanjay Varma, I’m from the Community Development Team for ebay.in. I’m joined today by Matt Halprin, Vice President of Global Marketplace Policy Management, Amjad Hanif, Group Product Manager / eBay US and several eBay India staffers. For the next hour, we’d like to answer your questions about the recently announced feedback changes that Bill Cobb, President of eBay North America, announced in his eBay Live! keynote address last month. These changes, which are expected to go into effect in September of this year, were met with enthusiasm by most of the thousands of eBay Live! attendees at the show. Amjad is going to go over the changes for you and then we ask you to answer any and all questions. Once Amjad completes his introductory comments, we’ll respond to questions that were posted prior to today first before moving on to today’s questions.
Message 16 of 38
latest reply

ahanif@ebay.com
Community Member
Hi Everyone,

We’re thrilled to be joining you and our Indian colleagues. It’s a little on the early side here in California (5:30am pdt) so if some of our sentences appear jumbled, you’ll know why 😉 So, why don’t I start by summarizing the major Feedback changes then we can move along to your questions. Here are the changes:

1. Removal of feedback ratings left by members who don't participate in issue resolution processes. We believe that members unwilling to participate in processes designed to help resolve issues, such as the Unpaid Item process or the Item Not Received process, should not be able to have an impact another member's reputation. After this change is implemented, if a member leaves feedback for a transaction but does not participate in these processes, eBay will remove their feedback rating. This means the rating (whether positive or negative) will not affect the recipient's feedback score. While the feedback comment itself will remain, it will include an administrative note from eBay indicating that the feedback does not count towards the member's total feedback score.

2. Removing any feedback from users who are indefinitely suspended within 90 days of registration. We believe that members who are indefinitely suspended within 90 days of registering on eBay were never truly members of the Community, and so their feedback comments and ratings should not count. We will automatically remove feedback (positive, neutral, and negative) left by such users.

3. Requiring new members to complete a tutorial before leaving neutral or negative feedback. This change will require all new users (members with a feedback score of less than 10) to complete a short tutorial before leaving neutral or negative feedback. We hope that the tutorial will educate new members about the feedback system as well as ensure that they are aware of the various communication tools available to them prior to leaving feedback for their trading partner.

For greater detail on these changes, feel free to read through the article that is running in the Chatter, a newsletter we publish on eBay.com: http://www.blackthornesw.com/jerry/chatter/july/tempmarketplacesafety.htm?ssPageName=CMDV:AB.

So let’s move on to your questions.

Again, thanks for participating in today’s workshop on the Major Feedback Policy Changes.

Amjad
Message 17 of 38
latest reply

policy_matt@ebay.com
Community Member
Hi harryfashion and others:

Why can't members change their comments?

This is a question we get a lot. What we've learned is that members tend to think more carefully about their comments if they know they will not be able to be changed. If a member knows that they can always return to edit their comments - it can lead to what we call "Feedback Extortion" where members say "unless you give me a discount, I won't change my current negative comment to a positive one". Of course, it doesn't work well for everyone - but we've found it helps members try to work things out before leaving a comment rather than after leaving a comment.

Thanks,
Matt
Message 18 of 38
latest reply

Hello, Do you mean you will delete a +feedback left by buyer for old purchases will deleted?
Message 19 of 38
latest reply

ahanif@ebay.com
Community Member
Hi snrama,

Thanks for your suggestion regarding a "feedback reminder" link. This has been raised by focus groups in the past too. The main point other community members have had about that idea is that they worry too many reminders will be sent to buyers. It's something we'll continue to look at.

We, however, have a "feedback reminder" email that is sent *once a month* to users who have feedback they need to leave. This email is automatically on for new users and existing users can turn it on in the preferences section of my eBay.

Thank You,
Amjad
Message 20 of 38
latest reply