Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Plans on getting more buyers and reaching out to existing buyers

sapana@ebay.com
eBay Employee
eBay Employee
Hi All,

Description: Buyers are an important constituent of our community. On this workshop we will like to share with you our plans for getting new buyers on to eBay and reaching out to our existing base of buyers. We would love to get your views on how we can strengthen our buyer community.

Details:
Date: Friday 13th May
Time: 3.00 to 4.00 PM (IST)

See you on 13!

Sapana
Community Development Team
Message 1 of 18
latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

telesolutions_in1
Community Member
Ebay Team,
I am a new seller on ebay though i registered in bazee, istarted selling on ebay(after migration). But sales are not what i thought to be. I dont know how were the sales in baazee times, but reading from the feedback of the sellers i definately feel there has been a significant reduction in sales. One thing i think ebay should do is have better communication with the sellers. Ebay.com does that very beautifully they are in constant touch with the sellers, posting anouncements on daily basis, They are good in informing the community about the various updates which are coming on the site and the workshops they conduct, they keeep the community informed the steps they are taking to improve the site instead ebay india only posts that we have taken steps to improve traffic on the site. this is quite vague.

If ebay india atleats inform th sellers the steps ebay is taking(i m sure they are trying their best), the seller would have hope and be enthu about the future, and working with hope may make the diffrence for him and for ebay and everyone of us.

Thanx
Regards
Abhishek
http://stores.ebay.in/Telesolution
Message 2 of 18
latest reply

telesolutions_in1
Community Member
I am new seller on ebay, i am a dealer for mobile handset and connections in delhi.when i started selling on ebay i thought i would be able to sell mobile handsets on ebay.
Most Dealers would agree with me that the profit(when selling outside ebay) on 1 handset is not more than 100 -200 rs even if it's a high range handset. On ebay we sellers have to give 5% to bay +
3.5% to paisapay+ listing upgrades.

That means for a handset of Rs.10,000(Mrp for the market price) we spend Rs.500(ebay fees) +Rs.350(paisa pay fees)+ additionnal el fees= Rs.900(approx)

Now we dont even get this handset for Rs. 9000. now we have to increase its price lets say to Rs.11,200.

Why would a person buy a handset from ebay for Rs. 11,200 when it is sellingin the market for 10,000.

Thats why see there is no sale for new branded handsets on ebay, The ones which are sold are either second hand or grey market/smuggled/imported by a small dealer sets.

i feel ebay should identify such products and try to brinng the costs involved down. Ebay can start this by a one day promotion, just see by giving a final fees waiver for one day and see the results.
Regards
Abhishek
http://stores.ebay.in/Telesolution
Message 3 of 18
latest reply

garmentmall_in1
Community Member
NEW BUYERS....!!! we as sellers are already fed up of OLD & ingenuine buyers who make fake purchase AND we paying EBAY fee for that....HOW CAN WE SURVIVE if our monthly invoices are MORE than sales figures..... I as seller have been the most patient & LAST one to criticise.....I THINK it is time for power-sellers to leave EBAY....!! No one cant sit on PC for hours ..create listings.... WAIT FOR SALES (which are highly dropped down)....THEN EMAIL EACH BUYER WITHOUT BULK_MAIL....THEN wait for the buyers who NEVER pay....then go through complicated EBAY.IN present software to PRINT SHIP LABELS...THEN GET A RIDICULOUS UNEDITABLE RATING ( see my last 6 -ve ratings...2 buyers rated -ve whose COD parcels bouced back due to incomplete address..2 -ve because the parcel was held up in customs and GarmentMall was declared fraud ๐Ÿ˜ž 1 neutral rating instructing us the colour to be supplied..HOPLESS We are not here to spoil our IMAGE ) ..THEN at Last recieve an INVOICE which is GREATER than sales figure..... ENOUGH...enough now.... ๐Ÿ˜ž

Dear Ebay TEAM... all the sellers have BRUISED hearts...and all the efforts( Ebay's as well as that of WE SELLERS) will go in vain EVEN if 1 Auction site starts amiacable & hectic operations..... !!! Please DO NOT take complaints of sellers lightly....IT IS HIGH TIME....all sellers are loosing patience......

I hope you take above grievances seriously....and in +ve manner
Message 4 of 18
latest reply

sapana@ebay.com
eBay Employee
eBay Employee
Hi All,
Welcome to the workshop on understanding Plans on getting more buyers and reaching out to existing buyers

Today we have Manav and Amitabh from Marketing Team to answer your queries related to Increasing Buyer base on eBay India.

We love the workshops to be interactive, so please feel free to post any queries or questions.

Lets start with the workshop!

Sapana
Comunity Development Team
Message 5 of 18
latest reply

ppjewellers
Community Member
Can you tell us that steps is ebay taking to get more buyer on ebay.in, are there any plans for starting user verification?? since the number for fake bidders are increasing & due to the ebayโ€™s policy for feedback and the billing system, we sellers are facing lots of trouble.
Message 6 of 18
latest reply

sapana@ebay.com
eBay Employee
eBay Employee
Hello everyone,

I am Manav from the Marketing team on the boards to answer your queries related to buyers on eBay India.

Please feel free to ask any questions and we will be more than happy to help you.

Manav
Message 7 of 18
latest reply

indiangiftsandcrafts
Community Member
Hi Manav,

I am planning to sell gift items on ebay and I want to target international market. Since I will be selling products to the end users and not to shopkeepers , do I require to have Import Export Number ?
with warm regards,
Manish Khullar,
CEO,
www.DesiCrafts.com
www.IndianCraftsandGifts.com
www.DesiAntiques.com
Message 8 of 18
latest reply

sapana@ebay.com
eBay Employee
eBay Employee
Hello ppjewellers,

You query on driving more buyers:

As a part of our marketing plan we have 2 marketing promotions planned for the quarter. One of the promotions โ€œTreasure Huntโ€ has already taken place and one more promotion is coming up in June 2005. The promotion is aimed at increasing buyers on eBay.

We have tied up with leading platform for Affiliate Marketing โ€“ www.cj.com and are in the process of getting world class partners to drive quality users/ buyers on eBay India.

Manav
Message 9 of 18
latest reply

sapana@ebay.com
eBay Employee
eBay Employee
Hi ppjewellers,

We understand your concern on fake bidders and hence we are in process of starting our 'Buyer Verification Program'. The program is designed to ensure quality buyers and keep the marketplace healthy. In addition we also have the Buyer Management Tools to enable you sellers to chose your buyers and thereby improve your fulfillment.

Manav
Message 10 of 18
latest reply