Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Plans on getting more buyers and reaching out to existing buyers

sapana@ebay.com
eBay Employee
eBay Employee
Hi All,

Description: Buyers are an important constituent of our community. On this workshop we will like to share with you our plans for getting new buyers on to eBay and reaching out to our existing base of buyers. We would love to get your views on how we can strengthen our buyer community.

Details:
Date: Friday 13th May
Time: 3.00 to 4.00 PM (IST)

See you on 13!

Sapana
Community Development Team
Message 1 of 18
latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

ppjewellers
Community Member
I would request you guys to start some verification process for new users. I do not mean to ask them for credit card verification. You can follow a simple method. Users with feedback score 0 or less should be given limited access like they can buy only 2 or 3 items a day, which will reduce the fake bidding, once the user reaches the feedback score 3 or above you can mark them as verified and remove the restriction. Also add an option so that we sellers can block users with feedback score 0 or less to bid on our item, the current options allows a user with feedback score 0 or less to bid on at least 1 item then he is blocked.
Message 11 of 18
latest reply

amarjitb2005@ebay.com
Community Member
Dear indiangiftsandcraft

For selling any product outside India you need an Imorter Exporter Code Number. It is a simple process and you can find more details on the DGFT website about how to get an IE code.

We have also created a discussion board for International Selling. Please feel free to ask any related questions on this board.

Amarjit

Thanks
Amar
Message 12 of 18
latest reply

sapana@ebay.com
eBay Employee
eBay Employee
Hello ppjewellers,

We appreciate your concern and your valuable inputs will be passed on to the relevant team members.

We are hoping with the Buyer Verification program the quality of bidders will significantly improve.

Manav
Message 13 of 18
latest reply

indiangiftsandcrafts
Community Member
Hi Manav,

I have gone thru the DGFT website and the section 2.8 (iii) of the Foriegn Trade procedures 2005-2006 says that " 2.8
The following categories of importers or exporters are exempted from obtaining Importer - Exporter Code (IEC) number:
(iii)
Persons importing or exporting goods for personal use not connected with trade or manufacture or agriculture.
"

Can u however send me the URL for International Selling Discussion board.

Regards,

Manish Khullar
with warm regards,
Manish Khullar,
CEO,
www.DesiCrafts.com
www.IndianCraftsandGifts.com
www.DesiAntiques.com
Message 14 of 18
latest reply

sapana@ebay.com
eBay Employee
eBay Employee
Hi everyone,

Over the last few weeks we have received feedback on removal of favorites section on Home Pages which had One Paisa Auctions, Hot Selling etc. We are aware of the impact on the shopping process of a buyer and hence reviewing the creation of similar sections on Home Pages and will keep you posted on all such developments.

Manav
Message 15 of 18
latest reply

sapana@ebay.com
eBay Employee
eBay Employee
Hi indiangiftsandcrafts,

The URL for International selling board is:
http://forums.ebay.in/forum.jspa?forumID=100000013

Check out all the boards of ebay India on:
http://hub.ebay.in/community?ssPageName=h:h:over:IN

Warm Regards
Sapana
Message 16 of 18
latest reply

sapana@ebay.com
eBay Employee
eBay Employee
Hi Everybody,

We will be concluding the workshop now. This thread will be live and Manav will keep on visiting it regularly.If you have any further query please feel free to post here. He will try to find answers and let you know as soon as possible.

Warm Regards
Sapana
Community Development Team
Message 17 of 18
latest reply

indiangiftsandcrafts
Community Member
Thanks Sapana,

Since this workshop is on marketing ...
Can u let me know what is the best way to market my (gift) items on ebay.in ... and how much business can one expect as per the current scenario in India.

regards,

Manish
with warm regards,
Manish Khullar,
CEO,
www.DesiCrafts.com
www.IndianCraftsandGifts.com
www.DesiAntiques.com
Message 18 of 18
latest reply