cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Open House on Trust and Safety with Sharat Digumarti - 16 Mar (4-5 PM)

sapana@ebay.com
eBay Employee
eBay Employee
Hi,

Please join Sharat Digumarti, Sr. Manager – Trust and Safety, in a discussion on how to keep eBay safe. Sharat will be discussing with you the initiatives taken by TnS to keep the site safe and future plans. If you have any questions on any trust or safety related topics, feel free to post them on this thread. Sharat will answer them during the Open House

Host: Sharat Digumarti, Sr. Manager – Trust and Safety
Date: Thursday, 16th March 2005
Time: 4.00 pm to 5.00 pm (IST)

Hope to see you there!

Regards,
Sapana
Message 1 of 81
latest reply
80 REPLIES 80

srjsms
Community Member
this was a really good experience... thanx a lot ebay!.. rather than stereotyped prerecorded answers, Sharat and sapana actually spoke to the point... wish even the CS team did the same.. btw sapana, can i have ur email id...so that you can forward my concern regarding ebay motors to u so that u can follow it up...?
Message 61 of 81
latest reply

sellerpostingidindia
Community Member
"sapana@ebay.com" said "However, we will continue to respond to as many posts as possible and request users to revisit this Open House to check responses to their posts in the next 1 day"

it was very nice to hear that, and see your committment towards the ebay community. thank you very much as i really hope to see a resolution to all the issues raised here.
Message 62 of 81
latest reply

yash@ebay.com
Community Member
Dear manocatybily

The payment methods are offered by each seller and vary from seller to sellers. I suggest you to use the feature ‘Ask Seller Question’ before purchasing the product
Regards

Yash
Regards

Yash
Message 63 of 81
latest reply

sapana@ebay.com
eBay Employee
eBay Employee
Hi All,

Thanks for the great interaction we had today. Sharat had enjoyed the session.

Unfortunately, we have not been able to asnwer all questions posted on this thread. However, as I mentioned earlier, we will continue to post asnwers, and will request you to revisit the thread again in a day.

We had a great time interacting with you and hope to have more such sessions.

Thanks and Regards,
Sapana
Message 64 of 81
latest reply

sapana@ebay.com
eBay Employee
eBay Employee
Hi srjsms,

My email id is sapana@ebay.com 🙂

I will like to help you out with your question; however, I will recommend that you write to Customer Support via the Contact Us link with your specific query. We have a trained CS team to help our users.

However, in case CS is not able to give you satisfactory answers, feel free to mail the same to me. I will make sure that our CS team is well equipped to meet the needs of our user community.

Warm Regards,
Sapana
Message 65 of 81
latest reply

yash@ebay.com
Community Member
Dear sellerpostingidindia

Regarding your question on – “Seller suspension and related reinstatement”

All suspension mails are sent with the reason for suspension and the duration. The user who has been suspended, should clarify by responding to the mail if at all the reason and the suspension period is not mentioned

The proof required has to be either faxed or sent to the PO Box address and they would reach the respective team. The concerned team might be located at any of the eBay Customer Service locations. Walking to the local office and showing the proof is not helpful in reviewing the reinstatement or answering the specific reason for suspension

At the moment I neither know why nor which account we are talking about and the severity of the violation which called for suspension. It is true that for certain kind of violations the tenure is indefinite as we cannot have such users on the platform
Regards

Yash
Regards

Yash
Message 66 of 81
latest reply

yash@ebay.com
Community Member
Dear rishabh_iitk2001

Regarding your question on “can a seller accept online bank transfer directly to his account as a payment method”

The sellers have complete flexibility is offering the various payment methods and buyers transferring money online is usual. The payments offered should be in compliance with the Safe Payments Policy http://pages.ebay.in/help/policies/safe-payments-policy.html

The PaisaPay is a service and some sellers only prefer to offer and reduce the steps of payment follow up, tracking receipt of payment etc
Regards

Yash
Regards

Yash
Message 67 of 81
latest reply

yash@ebay.com
Community Member
Dear indconcepts

Regarding your question “Is using ODRINDIA viable for members who are selling / Buying low value Items”

The option to use is completely amongst buyers and sellers to use ODR India. We at ebay offer our the Dispute Console which majority of our user use to resolve their disputes

ODR India is a 3rd party option which we added so that users who want to settle any disputes outside of eBay

You are absolutely right in mentioning that for low value transactions one may not choose ODR and we shall monitor the usage in the 3 month pilot period
Regards

Yash
Regards

Yash
Message 68 of 81
latest reply

yash@ebay.com
Community Member
Dear rishabh_iitk2001

Regarding your suggestion on “option in preferences which should say whether or not ebay should call on the contact number provided by the seller for any promotion being held at ebay.in”

I will inform our marketing team on your suggestion and I think there may be some settings in My eBay

I will discuss with our Training Team about including the Basic Policy education at various workshops and the various trainings done to sellers

I will not be able to comment on the process related to PaisaPay and some of the processes they have are to mitigate the risk

Thanks for your inputs
Regards

Yash
Regards

Yash
Message 69 of 81
latest reply

yash@ebay.com
Community Member
Dear kamakhya_collections,

I am not sure about the general statement you made about “no safety for both buyers and sellers’

Sellers are very safe as I am yet find sellers who are shipping goods without receiving the money in advance. Also many sellers offer Cash on Delivery and Money Back offers to build buyer confidence

Buyers are covered through our Buyer Protection Program currently upto Rs 10000/- and a maximum of 3 such claims in a period of 3 months. As mentioned in one of my earlier posts we are launching higher protection amount for PaisaPay transactions

The transactions between users are about confidence and ratings are one way of building confidence. We have done 2 changes to the Feedback System in the last 6 months and we are looking forward to more changes during this year

With our current systems majority of our transactions are very safe and we constantly review other verification methods

When we talked to few buyers regarding the money back offer, some of them complained the value of the product and cost to return the product was not a fruitful option and I think this would happen especially for low value items. In terms of feedback once given it cannot be edited.

In the end ebay is only platform in bringing buyer and sellers together and there could be instances of both buyers and sellers getting concerned at times, however with few precautions taken by buyers and sellers the experience will be smooth
Regards

Yash
Regards

Yash
Message 70 of 81
latest reply