cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Open House on Trust and Safety with Sharat Digumarti - 16 Mar (4-5 PM)

sapana@ebay.com
eBay Employee
eBay Employee
Hi,

Please join Sharat Digumarti, Sr. Manager – Trust and Safety, in a discussion on how to keep eBay safe. Sharat will be discussing with you the initiatives taken by TnS to keep the site safe and future plans. If you have any questions on any trust or safety related topics, feel free to post them on this thread. Sharat will answer them during the Open House

Host: Sharat Digumarti, Sr. Manager – Trust and Safety
Date: Thursday, 16th March 2005
Time: 4.00 pm to 5.00 pm (IST)

Hope to see you there!

Regards,
Sapana
Message 1 of 81
latest reply
80 REPLIES 80

sreelakshmitraders
Community Member
Message 51 of 81
latest reply

sreelakshmitraders
Community Member
Ebay should reduce the final fees.

Regards,

L.Pethachi
Sreelakshmi Traders

Image hosting by Photobucket

Message 52 of 81
latest reply

sellerpostingidindia
Community Member
is it that same problem, of the page not refreshing again, or is it that the ebay team has stoppe replying? i see so many posts below which really need to be answered, and were written even before this discussion's start time of 4pm. i really hope that all these important questions are replied before this discussion is stopped due to time constraints
Message 53 of 81
latest reply

sapana@ebay.com
eBay Employee
eBay Employee
Hi rishabh_iitk2001,

you had given the suggestion on better education of new sellers on eBay Policies some time back as well. We have made some progress in the same and I will like to share it with you.

We have created Online Tutorial for our users to understand policies better.
Shill Bidding - http://pages.ebay.in/help/tutorial/sbiddingtutorial/intro.html
Feedback - http://pages.ebay.in/help/tutorial/feedbacktutorial/intro.html
Fee Circumvention - http://pages.ebay.in/help/tutorial/feecirctutorial/intro.html
Search and Browse Manipulation - http://pages.ebay.in/help/tutorial/searchandbrowseman/intro.html
VeRO - http://pages.ebay.in/help/tutorial/verotutorial/intro.html

After the Enhanced consequences guidelines were rolled out, a new seller who violates due to ignorance of policy, is asked to go through a tutorial to understand the policy. Until the tutorial is cleared, the seller's ability to list and sell on site gets restricted.

Regarding your suggestion on Policy education in eBay Academy seminars, the team is already working to understand how they can incorporate the same. In addition to the same, in our various forms of training, the teams are trying to ensure that our sellers are equipped to understand the basic eBay policies.

If you have further suggestions on improving seller education, feel free to post them here.

Regards,
Sapana
Message 54 of 81
latest reply

yash@ebay.com
Community Member
Dear indconcepts

Many users share pc's which happens at Cyber Cafes, Home and also in some offices

When an account access on ebay is restricted the user is asked for some kind of proof and I believe which should not be a concern when pc's are shared
Regards

Yash
Regards

Yash
Message 55 of 81
latest reply

sapana@ebay.com
eBay Employee
eBay Employee
Hi sreelakshmitraders,

Regarding your suggestion on reduction of eBay fee, unfortunately Sharat is not the best person to asnwer the same.

I will suggest you to post a separate thread on this topic, and I will forward your suggestion to the relevant team.

Thanks for posting your photograph; it is great to see our community members. We always read your posts. However, Since the photograph size is big, users on dial up will have difficulty in loading the page. May I will request you to reduce the size of the photograph?

Thanks,
Sapana
Message 56 of 81
latest reply

sellerpostingidindia
Community Member
hi Sharat,
i have a short story to tell here, and it would be great if i get a reply. i am current, but slightly new seller on eBay India, but I am writing from a newly created ID as i have some major relevations to make, and i am scared (and have been warned by the number of such posts on the community boards) that ebay will take action against my account. so i donot want to reveal my real identity.
i am really scared of selling on ebay as many sellers are being suspended for no reasons/faults. i know many big and very old sellers who have been suspended for some mistakes they did when ebay india was very new, a time when even the baazee team did not understand the ebay policies, or some new policies which were created.

a seller on ebay, who is a very good friend of mine, was suspended just because his ID was linked to his friend's ID. he had himself taught his friend to sell on eBay, and they both used to login from my friend's office. somewhere in november 2005, his friend's ID was suspended for some reasons. but his ID was not touched, and as he was getting good sales, he created another ID to expand his sales.
suddenly, some time back, his ID too was blocked stating that he had violated term 9 of ebay's policy which is on "Abusing eBay", as his ID was "Linked to a previously suspended user", his friend in this case. there was no more communication from ebay as to the exact reasons.

my friend even went to the ebay india office to prove that he is a different person. He mailed them at least 20 times saying that he is legally a different person from the suspended seller, a different legal entity, has a different bank account, and therefore should not be linked to the suspended seller. but the trust and safety team will accept none of this and just answers with a pre-drafted answer which tells him that his ID is “indefinitely” suspended.

does this mean that a person’s friends and relatives are all banned from using ebay if he violates any rules! don’t you think they should be given a nother chance to prove their genuinity. in an announcement on the 3rd of feb, you have yourself stated the words "We recognized that some of our policies were hard to understand, even for me. So last year, we spent several months rewriting our policy pages in straightforward language to make policies easier to understand. Now each page includes: a clear statement of the policy and why we have it; examples that illustrate what is and isn’t allowed; and a list of the possible consequences of violating the policy."

If the head of baazee’s legal dept. cannot understand ebay’s terms, the sellers are just in no position to. this does go to show that we sellers were in a very tight position to understand and change our selling policies in such a short span of time. Now what about old sellers who have been suspended due to such policies, and made some more mistakes which aggravated their suspensions. SHOULD THEY NOT BE GIVEN ANOTHER CHANCE TO PROVE THEIR GENUINITY???
Message 57 of 81
latest reply

yash@ebay.com
Community Member
Dear srjsms

On credit card/debit cards there are mixed opinions and I have even seen a post from a seller raising concern on SMS verification as the user needs to disclose his mobile number.

I can only say that for the moment we dont have any specific timeline on launching such a functionality on ebay
Regards

Yash
Regards

Yash
Message 58 of 81
latest reply

sapana@ebay.com
eBay Employee
eBay Employee
Hi sellerpostingidindia,

i am sorry that we have not been able to answer all community questions in the scheduled hour.

However, we will continue to respond to as many posts as possible and request users to revisit this Open House to check responses to their posts in the next 1 day

Thanks,
Sapana
Message 59 of 81
latest reply

sellerpostingidindia
Community Member
"yash@ebay.com" said When an account access on ebay is restricted the user is asked for some kind of proof and I believe which should not be a concern when pc's are shared

i would like to infor you that my friend, whose suspension story i mentioned in my earlier post, was never asked fo any proof. even though he himself went to your lower parel office with his passport as proof. they just calmly told him to reply back to the suspension email. he can prove it, but ebay does not want any proofs.
Message 60 of 81
latest reply