seller

shreya2425
Community Member
how to become a seller, as so many information are present i am getting confused. can I get help from some one about hoe to start simple sell
Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

seller

indraneel@ebay.com
Community Member
Hello shreya2425,

Welcome to our Community Boards and thank you for choosing eBay.in as a preferred destination for selling your items .

Selling on eBay is easy! Below are the 5 steps to help you list/sell your items on eBay.in.

Step 1: Create a seller’s account

To sell on eBay you need to register and get verified as a seller through either one of the following methods:

- Credit Card (immediate)
- SMS (immediate)
- Phone (immediate, but available for Indian residents only)
- Postal Mail (requires minimum 3 days)

Step 2: Register for PaisaPay

After you have a registered and verified seller account, you have to register and open a PaisaPay account. It is mandatory to offer PaisaPay as a payment method on all your listings.

To register with PaisaPay, click the My PaisaPay link in your My eBay >> My Account section.

1. Enter the name of the person who holds the bank account. For example, if the account is in a relative’s name, enter their name in this text box.
2. Enter your bank account number in this text box
3. Choose the name of the bank from the dropdown list.
4. Choose the city where the bank is located from the dropdown list.
5. Choose the branch where you hold your account from the dropdown list.
6. Enter the 9-digit code found at the bottom of the bank’s cheques. This is the number that appears immediately after the cheque number.
7. Select the check box to accept PaisaPay’s User Agreement. Be sure to read through the user agreement.
8. Click the Register button to complete your PaisaPay registration.
Note: If you do not find your branch while registering for PaisaPay, you can contact Customer Support to help you.

Step 3: Prepare your item

Use this checklist as your guide as your prepare to list your item.

Carefully inspect the item

Note any flaws, wear, or damage. Unless the item’s value would decrease with cleaning, remove any dust, stains, or dirt.

Take pictures of the item

A good picture lets buyers see exactly what they are buying. Take several clear photos of your product in good light.

Package and weigh your item

Consider packaging and weighing your item. This will help you decide how much it will cost to ship your item. It also is a good idea to mention the dimensions and size of your product.

Step 4: Select the item category

If you are not sure which category your product falls under, enter a keyword of your item in the search box and click the Sell It button.

Step 5: List the item for sale

You are now ready to list your product for sale. All you have to do is submit the following details of your product on the simple-to-use Sell Your Item form:

Enter the title

Add pictures

Tip: It is always good to add 2 to 3 photographs of the item taken from various angles. You can add up to 3 photographs absolutely free.

Enter a description

Choose a listing duration

Choose a selling format

Select the payment method

As a new seller you can offer only PaisaPay as a payment method. Once you have completed 20 listings you can also offer other payment methods, such as cheques or demand drafts. However, PaisaPay is a mandatory payment method for all payments on eBay India.

Specify shipping charges

Click the Save and Continue button.

Congratulations! You are now ready to start selling on eBay.

Hope this information was useful to you .

keep Posting!!!

Regards,
Indraneel
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

seller

Thanx Indraneel,
I also didnt know so much.
I thought there are 2 steps.
1.Get a PaisaPay a/c.
2.List
Sells automatically.
Thanx again,
Truly,
Amitava
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

seller

assemblerz
Community Member
You can add up to 3 photographs absolutely free.

somethimes I get option of posting 12 photos free. why is that so?
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

seller

runalaila_in1
Community Member
@Assemblerz
if you list on Shop inventory format ..
you get 12 pictures free :)And other formats only 3 pictures free
Message 5 of 5
latest reply