pay ebay fees for item not sold

e-shopz
Community Member
hi
i have sold a item which attracts fees of 5Rs ,no problems there
but a item laptop was brought by a person from sweden , ( although i has written i sell to india only) , he is now terminated , and ebay shows a fees of 1584 for that item .
when i have made no biz why should i pay? -srikanth
e-shopz
-srikanth
e-shopz
Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

omair2084
Community Member
There is an option called Unpaid Item Dispute. You should launch one against the product for which you havent recieved the amount. Even for the Rs5 you can do it. Ebay will send the buyer a message to send the money to you if he doesnt you have the option to close the dispute and you will get the refund to ebay fees. This takes 7 days after you launch a dispute.
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

omair2084
Community Member
One more thing is, you can opt for a option called Buyer requirements in the Prefrences Tab. In which you can set various options, one of them is
Block buyers who:
Are registered in countries to which I don't ship
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

greengateco
Community Member
With in 7 days e-bay will not revert back the fees. You can report a dispute after day of sale and unpaid. If the buyer is no longer exists you get the credit immediately. I have disputes from 1 month and still have'nt get my credit back. You have wait for some more time. This is normal e-bay practice. But definitely you will get back the credit if the customer dont respond after buying an item.
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable
Dear e-shopz,

Please be rest assured that you do not pay ebay fees if a sale is not completed successfully. However there is a procedure you need to follow to make ebay aware that a transaction was not complete due to buyer not making the payment.

This process is known as the UNPAID ITEM PROCESS, popularly known as the UPI Process. By following this procedure, you contribute to the ebay community by bringing to attention buyers who are not intending to purchase seriously.

Lets see how this procedure works.

a)You receive an order say on 1st Feb 2006. Your “Sold” Section under MY Ebay Page will reflect the order details along with the buyer details.

b)You then send an invoice to the buyer requesting him to make the payment

c)You wait for a minimum 7 days, giving some time to buyers to send the payment if payment is through cheque, demand draft etc.

d)On the 8th day i.e. 8th Feb if you have still not received the payment, you can report the same to ebay. To do that go to SOLD-à Report an Unpaid Item ( located under the Action tab)

e)Select the reason as to why you are reporting the particular transaction and submit.

f)An email is then sent to the buyer through the ebay system requesting him to make the payment or if payment already done, to provide payment made proof

g)If still after 7 days (16th Feb) you receive no payment or any intimation from your buyer, you can then go into “Dispute Console” (located under MY EBAY) and close the dispute.

Note:

1) You must manually close the dispute. It is only after the dispute is closed, you receive credit for that transaction.

2)You can “Report an Unpaid Item” upto 45 days from the date of order being purchased

Incase you do not receive credit for that transaction after 7 days, please get in touch with our customer support at http://pages.ebay.in/help/contact_us/_base/index.html

Trust this clarifies your doubt. Should you have any further clarifications, please feel free to write in.

Warm Regards,
Tanya Goel
Message 5 of 5
latest reply