eBay Planning to Buy Shopclues

As per economic times report, ebay is planning to merge shopclues as part of its relaunch strategy. 

eBay, which is set to exit Flipkart following the Walmart deal, is exploring fresh options in India and has held talks for a merger with some ecommerce players, including ShopClues, according to three sources. The talks could lead to ShopClues’ acquisition by eBay, one of the persons cited above said. 

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: eBay Planning to Buy Shopclues

Thanks for the update. Mixed reactions though. Happy for the fact that ebay is trying to be around. But merging with Shopclues is concerning. They have highest grade of antiseller policies. Hoping if this deal materialises, they follow ebay policies. Not like the last episode with Flipkart. Though in Shopclues listing of items is very easy with minimal photo specifications and filling of one form to list a item(unlike Amazon with 6 tabs and 6 forms) , reports are user friendly as well.
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Totally agree with you. It makes sense that ebay is trying to buy some e-commerce website since Flipkart will take away all its user base to its own new portal.

However I am also concerned about ShopClues, it has one of the worst policies, however if eBay controls it, things will be different.
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

They have closed my account suddenly without any reason I m a top rated seller with 100% feedback since last 4 years.I got an email saying that they are suspending my account ..

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Please read this post, It's very important for all sellers who are concerned about their remittances as much as I am.....

All-sellers-must-read-this-post-VERY-IMPORTANT/m-p/159581#M19307

Message 5 of 5
latest reply