cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why the reporting tool for buyers instead of -Ve feedback?

techniwas
Community Member
Feedback change has been the top concern on eBay offlate. So as I recognize there are two points where the sellers object:

1. Neutrals being counted as Negative:

2. No Neutrals or Negatives for buyers:

As I realize the neutrals are NOT being counted as Negative. Instead they are not being counted as Positive. Remember the % is showing +ve's only. So thats not really too bad, just that we didn't realize how damaging neutrals would be after the new policy.

Secondly the reporting hub page for troublesome buyers instead of -ve ratings. This again sounds logical to me. -ve's for buyers wont scare off the sellers, buyers are the ones who chooses the sellers. So they have the right to leave -ve / neutrals for us (to warn fellow buyers). And similarly we have a backend reporting page to warn other sellers against troublesome buyers.

Isn't that logical guyz?

TechiE

TechiE
Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Hi Annkur,

I agree with you the logic behind it.

Regards,

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

Nothing will happen. We have to learn to live with it and reduce our listings and promotions.
I call eBay everyday and they tell me news will come in today. But nothing happens.
We have to list products and confirm from the buyer that this is the price, this is the shipping price and time.
And beg him not to leave a negative or neutral feedback.
We have to live with it and wake up everyday with a fear of our account being restricted.
Thanks
Manish
Message 3 of 12
latest reply

grabdeals_in1
Community Member
Techie,

I Agree with the second point ( regarding Hub page....) some buyer's feel like DADA's ... and leaves negative !

Regards,
Grab Deals
Message 4 of 12
latest reply

Hello Techie,
What is reporting hub?
Does it have a link?
I want to report a buyer that blackmailed me. I am not a fool. I had to digest that. Leaves a bad awful taste. Disgusting, bad seller experience.
Mind you, more will follow.
This is just a tip of the iceberg.
I understand there are sellers who just sob it out silently. No reprieve. No remedy.
Thanks,
Truly,
Amitava
Message 5 of 12
latest reply

techniwas
Community Member
Amitavaji, The reporting HUB I guess should be live soon. IJ can add more on it. I have only heard of it.

@Ankur: Buyers are our God's. So let them have some powers (let them be Dada's).

@microscopesind: Instead of asking the buyer "not to leave a negative or neutral feedback" why not push for a direct feedback. Read Adapting to Feedback Changes: A PowerSeller's Perspective.

@Zaman: Nice to see that more and more sellers are understanding the new FB system. Cheers

TechiE

TechiE
Message 6 of 12
latest reply

Dear techniwas,
I agree that buyers are the king of the market and eBay is a online market.

But they are not God as you can see many of the buyers leave Neutral/Negative feedback without contacting the seller and in many cases seller don't have any fault.

Many buyers even leave Neutral/Negative feedback with comments like "Sorry I dont have money" and some use feedback system to ask question like "Whom favor the DD should be drawn"

I agree with you that buyers should have some powers but in the current circumstances all the powers are given to buyers and sellers are helpless.Buyers can use the feedback system as per their wish and can do whatever they want.Buyers can leave Neutral/Negative feedback without any fault of sellers or without any fair reason.

eBay say that they will remove unfair feedback but what I see now is that just in very very exceptional case the feedback was withdrawn.

We all know that new feedback policy is truly unfair to all sellers and 99% or more sellers are against it but still if any seller is supporting the new feedback policy or happy with it then please kindly post here.

Let we all know how many sellers supporting this wonderful new feedback policy.

Best Regards,
Deep Agarwal.
Shree Krishna Gems

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

techniwas
Community Member
Deepji, you are a senior member of the eBay community and I am pleased to receive your reply to my post.

I agree to your point that buyers are ignorant at times to leave such comments. But these are not the smart buyers who do proper research before buying online or are on the internet since years. They need to evolve. Will they evolve and learn if we give them a -ve feedback?

How many of the unjust -ve and neutrals that we saw had a reply from the seller? We have an option to reply to feedbacks.

Moreover the educated (experienced) buyers who research on the product and sellers feedback before purchase, WONT BE DISCOURAGED with these silly comments. After all they are the smart ones!! 🙂

The matter here is not about power lying in hands of buyer or seller. The buyer is still trusting us and sending advance payments, and buying a product without seeing it. Here we sellers are empowered to sell goods without displaying them!

My only hope is that TnS looks at these factors and exceptions before taking action against seller accounts. And one of the ways to communicate with them is to leave a REPLY TO THE UNJUST FEEDBACK received....

Regards

TechiE

TechiE
Message 8 of 12
latest reply

runalaila_in1
Community Member
@Techniwas
Well The reporting Hub Page is allready live since 15 days.

Actually it is nothing sort of Spectacular ... what we were made to believe initially.

Its actually This
http://pages.ebay.in/help/sell/report_problem.html

When a seller goes to leave feedback , He is shown a REPORT PROBLEM Link ...
Thats it !!
Thats What is The HUB :)
Message 9 of 12
latest reply

indraneel@ebay.com
Community Member
Hello Hitesh (runalaila_in1),

There you go!! Was wondering where have you been for soo many days and so many discussions ;-).

Well I'd like to say that the Reporting Hub Page might not look spectacular but it has already started showing results and will continue to be a useful tool. We have purposely integrated the 'Report a Problem' page and the page to 'Report Feedback issue' for ease of use and speedy actions.

Whenever a seller reports a buyer through this page and if the feedback is found to be UNJUST and the escalation is closed in the Seller's favour, the particular buyer is flagged at the backend and a record is maintained which benefits sellers in the long run. Appropriate actions are then taken against malicious buyers once they reach a threshold.

Amitavaji (amitava123gems) - I'd urge you to report any such abuse that you may feel needs to be rerported to us through the above link and help us do the necessary investigation and take appropriate actions.

Deep (shree_krishna_gems) - I totally understand the concern you have shown on the removal of feedbacks but I'd like to assure you that any feedback which is found as 'Unjust' or 'Extortion' or 'Irrelevant' will be removed and needless to say that sellers will be protected.

Annkur (techniwas) - Your effort in helping the community understand the right approach to serve the buyers on eBay.in through this discussion. I'm sure that the amazing thought process that you have put in to educate your buyers on 'how you do business' has surely inspired alot of our fellow community members.

Adapting to Feedback Changes: A PowerSeller's Perspective. is surely a nice post to read :-).

Keep posting!!

Regards,
Indraneel
Message 10 of 12
latest reply