Unpaid Items - A HUGE PROBLEM !

Ebay need to seriously address the problem of Unpaid Items !

Iam fed up of filling Unpaid Item disputes ! I heard somewhere 99.99% of all ebay transactions are completed without any problem !

But close to 20% of my orders are Unpaid Items !

One of my recent trans, the buyer placed order for 50 T shirts. And when he didnt respond to my mails. I called him and he told his friend clicked commit to buy on error !
http://offer.ebay.in/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBidsLogin&item=250059791043

The whole process is time consuming and redundant !

1) Send Information
2) Reminder emails
3) Report an Unpaid Item
4) A week later close dispute

How about other sellers ? how much of your orders ends up as unpaid item dispute ?

These are suggestions I make to reduce this problem.

1) The buyer has to Choose the mode of payment immediately after buying.

2) Ebay should use Cart system(like baazee), where a buyer choose many items by clicking add to cart but if doesnt choose a mode of payment should be cancelled immediately.

3) Only thoes order for which mode of payment is choosen will be charged FVF and will be shown to Sellers.

4) In case of Paisapay mode of payment the buyer has to pay immediately.

5) Option to choose COD option only for buyers with feedback score more than 2-3(The current buyer Req settings is irrespective of Mode of payment, becoz I dont mind a buyer with 0 rating buys my product and pays via PaisaPay or Sends DD.)

Other sellers please comment !

Shyam
NitroFashion
Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Hello NitroBooster (oh sorry...Fashion)

Your suggestions may not be of any help here. Bazee.com is not eBay.in and eBay.in isn't almost like eBay.com 😛

And as long as there are these differences, you and me (well, i forgot to mention I filed 23 UPI-claims this week) will have to abide by the '4-Stepped-Process' !!

And that's reality!!
(Ok, if you dont agree, ask for a present from Santa!!) :^O

Wish you a Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year!!
BYE!!
Message 2 of 8
latest reply

anilnigambekhabar
Community Member
Hi all Victims of unpaid items,
Yes eBay should amend its policy to help sellers doing business without tension and loosing interest.
I am sure lot of sellers are facing the same problem and wasting their energy in filing UPI credits. I am also getting more than 70% non paying buyers.
Apart from this, some buyers are just clicking buy it now buttons for the sake of fun. They don't care about strike on their account. because it does not matter.

I would like to suggest that ebay should automatically give a negative feedback for non paying buyers without genuine reason or at least provide a place where sellers can see the unpaid strikes of the non-paying buyers and seller should be provided option to cancel the deal if he wants.
Further I would like to know what protection seller has if the buyer pays after UPI notice and purposly gives negative feedback to take the revange from seller??? anil nigam 'Bekhabar'
anil nigam 'Bekhabar'
Message 3 of 8
latest reply

nimishan
Community Member
HA hA and my predicament is even beter. Listed 1 items 1 sold and 1 not paid. So my percentage of unpaid item is 100%. It has been a very poor experience for a new seller. And this item nt paid has not been from new buyer but one with 29+ & 4_ rating and feedback as private.
Nimishan
Message 4 of 8
latest reply

nimishan
Community Member
Well I should accept that I was wrong . My buyer has paid for the item . She was out of town for the holidays , which caused this hassle. I think I need to be more patient while dealing in ebay
Nimishan
Message 5 of 8
latest reply

rajputrulzz
Community Member
This is a big threat to ebay community unpaid items strikes reducting trust of sellers ebay must have some filter for this kind of buyers i hope chairman get it soon and make some neccessary filters
Message 6 of 8
latest reply

snrama
Community Member
Hi nitro_fashion,

I usually recive a low unpaid orders, about 15-20% every month. But this month (Jan 2007), I think it has already crossed more than 50% and there are 12 more days to go... ---------------
With Regards,
Navaneeth (snrama) 😉
---------------
With Regards,
Navaneeth (snrama) 😉
Message 7 of 8
latest reply

supersonic_india
Community Member
a simple solution is dont let a new buyer bid on more than one item till he has 5 ratings. new buyers go and bid on 20 sometimes even 30 items and vanish. That way the buyerwill know if he bids he has to pay. Only one wrong bid will be received instead of 20 .
Message 8 of 8
latest reply