Turbo Lister is EXCRUCIATINGLY SLOW !!!!

thethirdi
Community Member
Hi

This is a really serious problem that i have been facing with Turbo Lister !

Although it is very feature-rich, it is nonetheless VERY VERY VERY VERY slow. If you have around 300-400 items or less in your TL inventory, then you will not feel the pinch.

But the real nightmare starts if you have more than 1000 items. I have more than 3800 items in my inventory, so you can well imagine that the nightmare is WORSE than EVIL DEAD !! And i am not exaggerating at all...

1. Cut and paste from one folder to another takes not less than 60 minutes. Firstly, when i cut or copy, it take around 30-35 minutes. Then when i paste to the destination folder, it takes another 30-35 minutes.

2. When i delete a folder or its contents, it again takes around half an hour.

3. When i am selecting my items in a particular folder and clicking on "add to upload", it takes around 40 minutes or so to get added to "Listings Waiting To Upload".

These were just few of the pains i have mentioned. But overall the software is killing slow in almost everything that i want to do.

This was not a problem when we had 300-500 items. But now it is almost impossible to work with TL.

I have an up-to-date version of TL.exe, with a decent computer with 512 MB Ram, Pentium III, Win XP.
Request everyone to give their views and expeience on this please !

Regards
Abhishek
thethirdi

Message 1 of 42
latest reply
41 REPLIES 41

cashnpawn302
Community Member
I feel ya on that.

I have 6 U.S. accounts I manage with TL. My intentories range from the low 100's to over 500.

Turbo Lister is so damn slow, even on my newer P4 512MB ram system.

Just to edit a listing, I have to try 3 - 4 times to get the app to pull up my template and existing description items.

Also, WHY ON EARTH does TL access the floppy drive every single time you create a listing??? This makes for a slow system, because the floppy interface, when on, slows down any computer to a C.R.A.w.L I suspect this is some of the problem, on top of the crappy way TL organises data files. It should be in the REG, not some flat file or INI, which are slow and get fragmented easily.

I am happy with the features, BUT pissed at the slowness, and the page file fills up to the top when I make more than 15 new listings without closing down and opening the program again.

sigh... when will ebay contract out to make software.. they suck at it, so why let us suffer...or pay a premium for their other products that offer more than I personally need.:_|

-Jeremy Hop
Cash N Pawn
Message 2 of 42
latest reply

I beleive Turbo Lister 2.0 is under development and hopefully it should be better.
Message 3 of 42
latest reply

banana-twist-records
Community Member
You're not kidding that it's slow. It's probably the single most frustratingly tedious piece of software that I have to use and I'm forever cursing it. Sometimes jobs that should take five minutes to complete in fact take a whole day's work. It's a complete nightmare.
Message 4 of 42
latest reply

snrama
Community Member
I don't think its slow. ---------------
With Regards,
Navaneeth (snrama) 😉
---------------
With Regards,
Navaneeth (snrama) 😉
Message 5 of 42
latest reply

fairware66
Community Member
Use Ebay's sales manager or sales manager pro. It may cost a monthly fee but it lets you manage regularly listed items automatically. Once you've transferred your items from TL to ebay you can import them into the sales manager.
Message 6 of 42
latest reply

I think it is not that slow. May be there is some problem with the software. I suggest you uninstall it and then redownload. It will imporve.
Thanks
Rajasthansotre
Rajasthanstore.
(An online store of Rajasthani Items)
http://stores.ebay.in/Rajasthanstore
Message 7 of 42
latest reply

anilnigambekhabar
Community Member
Hi Dear Tubo Lister Victims,
I am also facing the same kind of problems using turbo liser-2. It is dam slow and some time so frustating that I feel nightmare while listing my items.
Will ebay's technical staff listen and pay attention????
anil anil nigam 'Bekhabar'
anil nigam 'Bekhabar'
Message 8 of 42
latest reply

vincyjojo1
Community Member
use auctiva or seller source book
Message 9 of 42
latest reply

Hello friends,
I am really very disappointed with turbo lister,Its too slow to use and its also always stuck when I try to import items from eBay.

eBay should immediately improve functioning.

Best Regards,
Deep Agarwal.
Shree Krishna Gems

Message 10 of 42
latest reply