Revision of PaisaPay Timelines

Dear Members,

The online shopping world has changed significantly over the past few years with introduction of easy payment modes; Mobile based shopping and new technology. Members today are more internet savvy and their expectations from online shopping are also higher now.

Continuing our pursuit to improve member experience and making it as attractive as possible for end users, we are revising PaisaPay shipping and delivery timelines.

The changes shall be applicable after 30 days from today.

The current timelines were set in 2007 and it was necessary for us to modify them to meet the expectations of our users in today’s dynamic online shopping world. We believe the revised PaisaPay timelines will improve the overall member experience.

The revised PaisaPay timelines are as follows:

•Timelines for sellers to enter shipping details in PaisaPay is changed from 7 days to 5 days
–The revised shipping timelines will enable buyers to get their products faster. In turn, it will increase buyer satisfaction and hence sellers’ chances of receiving more business and more positive feedback from buyers.

•Timelines for delivering products to the buyer post entering shipping details is changed from 10 days to 7 days
–We observed that most products are generally delivered within 7 days of shipment, and these changes will allow sellers to receive their remittance faster.

We are revising relevant policies to bring the aforesaid changes and the same shall be applicable from September 27, 2011 and all payments from September 27, 2011 shall be as per the revised PaisaPay timelines as mentioned above.

Anil Shenoy, Manager Marketplace Health will be conducting an online workshop to answer any queries you have around these new changes on Monday, September 5, 2011 between 3 PM to 4 PM IST.

Please post your comments, feedback and queries on this thread.

Regards,
The eBay team
Message 1 of 104
latest reply
103 REPLIES 103

Hi Anil,

I am still waiting for your response on my query. Please reply to that.

Thanks
Vilas
Message 91 of 104
latest reply

hi anil

you say that....

"Even if there are instances in PaisaPay INR’s / eBay guarantee* where you believe that the Refund to the buyer was not justified, you can appeal for protection under eBay seller protection policy. "

few days back a buyer filed a INR case and received the item and had also mentioned that in his feedback...when contacted by ebay, i informed them of the same and they tried to contact buyer in a conference but couldnt do since the buyer was not picking up the phone. the person informed me that he would contact buyer again and close the case since the item was delivered. Later even then the refund gets approved to the buyer...

when i try to contact customer care they ask to me to contact buyer and ask him to pay through any other means since once the refund is approved, it goes to the buyer....

if this is the case then why the hell you have seller protection policy and how does it work. how many buyers would want to pay for the product which they have received for free
and if you cannot resolve case such as this then stop fooling sellers with these assurance.

I must say that the quality of ebay customer care has degraded a lot in the past few months. the only response i get are pre written and are not specific to the problem.
Message 92 of 104
latest reply

auto-mall.in
Community Member
We are selling Car care products, Which include mostly Liquid item. In India liquid item cannot be couriered by Air but only surface transport. It takes anywhere between 5-10 days for delivery. I think liquid item should be left of this deadline. Otherwise we might have to stop doing business in ebay, as most of our item will be reported as not received.
Message 93 of 104
latest reply

Hi,

There is an interesting mail received twice today from a customer which I need feeling highlighting on this forum.

I have purchased a lot of things from ebay and most of the time i received the consignment on very next day of shipping . (Buyer has zero ratings)

You have shipped on 23rd and according to on line information from bluedart i supposed to get on 24th.Not only that I called kolkata bluedart office 4 to 5 times on 24th and they told me the consignment has been gone for deliver.But in 24th night they put a remarks on their site that the consee add not correct.

Why you are not taking any action against bluedart as you are the most regular and most profitable customer for bluedart. (Tracking shows not delivered only on Saturday evening and buyer mails on Sunday morning - why are you not taking action. !!!)

Pl look into this matter and let me know the real fact to this no---0xxxxxxxxxx

My paisapay id is xxxxxxxxxx and shipment no is xxxxxxxxxx.

Since ebaY decides it policies based on opinions of random buyers, I think soon we will have an SLA of delivey time of only 24 hours.

Devesh
Message 94 of 104
latest reply

Hello Anil,

Its looks very sad that you are head of trust and safety and you not answer to seller's issues. We not have any option other than you. We are expecting lot from you. But you are behaving like Indian Poli*tician who not pay's attention towards normal people. Its one of the most worst thing on eBay.

Thanks
Vilas
Message 95 of 104
latest reply

auto-mall.in
Community Member
Just check the tracking details below from Bangalore to Ludhiana. Its taken 7 days already. The item is liquid item and as per Indian Law liquid item cannot be transported in Air but only Surface transport. We are sending it through DTDC surface and its taken 7 days and not delivered, and most of our item take 6-10 days to deliver.

Why was liquid item not considered? you mean to say Liquid item should not be sold in ebay? Why have you not studied Indian law which states liquid item cannot be transported via Air in India before taking this decision.

It looks like some dumb fellow has taken decision without studying how courier works in India. No way you can justify 7 days delivery time for liquid items. Below is the tracking details. Today 29th is last day of delivery and i stand to loose

Wed, Sep 21, 2011 BANGALORE SURFACE APEX, BANGALORE Held up due to LOAD RECEIVED AFTER CUTOFF

Wed, Sep 21, 2011 MADIWALA BRANCH, BANGALORE BANGALORE SURFACE APEX, BANGALORE Dispatched via Manifest # B9059619

Thu, Sep 22, 2011 BANGALORE SURFACE APEX, BANGALORE DELHI APEX, DELHI Dispatched via Manifest # B6007879

Thu, Sep 22, 2011 BANGALORE SURFACE APEX, BANGALORE Consignment Released

Mon, Sep 26, 2011 DELHI APEX, DELHI LUDHIANA BRANCH, LUDHIANA Dispatched via Manifest # Z5281330

Wed, Sep 28, 2011 NAGPUR, NAGPUR LUDHIANA BRANCH, LUDHIANA Received via Manifest # Z8182834

Wed, Sep 28, 2011 LUDHIANA BRANCH, LUDHIANA LUDHIANA (FIROZPUR ROAD), LUDHIANA
Out for delivery via Manifest # 41522990
Message 96 of 104
latest reply

Hi all,

eBay is trying to raise the expectations of their Buyers giving lots of pressure to Sellers. I believe that Speed Post too delivers within 5 days but due to holidays or Sundays sometimes it takes more than 7 days for delivery. But some buyers don't understand this. I too believe that some old buyers are co-operative but new buyers don't care and asks for Refund. They ask for next day delivery, how is this possible for a buyer living in other State?

Previous Timelines were acceptable for both Buyers and Sellers. I don't think that by reducing the delivery timelines buyers will increase.

Regards,
M.Zaman

Message 97 of 104
latest reply

Dear sellers understand that it is not about caring for buyers or disregard for sellers. The main thing is business. The issue being that ebay is facing stiff competition from other sites and daily ebay is losing customers to other online portals where buyers get better deal and better service.

This policy was implemented because ebay feels that buyer satisfaction is important and for that we have to do away with small time sellers who ship via 3rd rate couriers which leads to buyer dissatisfaction and due to volume constraint they cannot use FF, BD, AFL, OVERNITE and such couriers so they will eventually fade away, problem solved.

Second reason to have this change is many sellers would post courier details and send the product later, that is after getting the money in the bank. ebay has caught many sellers doing this fraud. Now with reduced timelines you cannot play such tricks. problem solved.

ebay knows very well that it does not have adequate staff even to handle the present situation (free gift mess is a classic example) and still they have gone ahead with this change knowing very well that it will result is more INRs and more proofs being asked for and our couriers companies do not give PODs on time so you can imagine what is going to happen. It will result is untimely extinction of many small and medium sellers one bay.

Yes it is bad situation. Just like Reliance Fresh, Birla MORE, Big Bazaar, Croma, Next, Trendz have all made the local vendor, bhajiwala doodhwala, kirana stores all useless.................Think about it.
StopandShop
Message 98 of 104
latest reply

bhalla_sons
Community Member
Due to Increase in EBAY Commissions and rising of Petrol Diesel Prices , the Price of Shipment to seller increased these days .. Speed Post asks for 111 RS for Shipping upto 1kg of Parcel , If i will start charging the same amount from Customers , the Customers starts running .. They dont buy .. Every day i am getting mails from customers to give them free shipping .. Either EBAY comes in front and gives us the Courier company which takes us less rates .. Ebay should tie up with courier .. Its easy for Ebay but not for us with low volumes ..

very Bad decision by Ebay .. Ebay is giving a lollypop answer to the solution that this is for the benefit for Sellers .. That is not at all justified ..

I am getting Refund mails every next day as i hv to send the Parcels by Surface ..

Now Ebay is turning up as mental harrasment for us .. Lots of Pain and No Gain ..
Message 99 of 104
latest reply

No Reponse on our comments....that means they too agree that they are helpless.

Thanks
Vilas
Message 100 of 104
latest reply