Revision of PaisaPay Timelines

Dear Members,

The online shopping world has changed significantly over the past few years with introduction of easy payment modes; Mobile based shopping and new technology. Members today are more internet savvy and their expectations from online shopping are also higher now.

Continuing our pursuit to improve member experience and making it as attractive as possible for end users, we are revising PaisaPay shipping and delivery timelines.

The changes shall be applicable after 30 days from today.

The current timelines were set in 2007 and it was necessary for us to modify them to meet the expectations of our users in today’s dynamic online shopping world. We believe the revised PaisaPay timelines will improve the overall member experience.

The revised PaisaPay timelines are as follows:

•Timelines for sellers to enter shipping details in PaisaPay is changed from 7 days to 5 days
–The revised shipping timelines will enable buyers to get their products faster. In turn, it will increase buyer satisfaction and hence sellers’ chances of receiving more business and more positive feedback from buyers.

•Timelines for delivering products to the buyer post entering shipping details is changed from 10 days to 7 days
–We observed that most products are generally delivered within 7 days of shipment, and these changes will allow sellers to receive their remittance faster.

We are revising relevant policies to bring the aforesaid changes and the same shall be applicable from September 27, 2011 and all payments from September 27, 2011 shall be as per the revised PaisaPay timelines as mentioned above.

Anil Shenoy, Manager Marketplace Health will be conducting an online workshop to answer any queries you have around these new changes on Monday, September 5, 2011 between 3 PM to 4 PM IST.

Please post your comments, feedback and queries on this thread.

Regards,
The eBay team
Message 1 of 104
latest reply
103 REPLIES 103

I agree with @rajelectroniks

Ebay only pampers buyers. There is no policy changes for sellers. Ebay platform is not being worth value these days for seller. Friends its time to take a better decision to open your own portal as e-commerce business is increasing day by day & ebay sale is decreasing & other portals like flipkart, homeshop18, etc are taking all the valueable business because the price on ebay is higher in compare to flipkart because of the huge FVF & paisapay fees where payment gateway take 1.8 to 2.5 % whereas paisapay is just charging the double.
Message 11 of 104
latest reply

mahalaxmi_communication
Community Member
please clear me one thing when the buyer start a message to confirm item receipt on 4th day after entering shipping details or when please clear

thanks
Message 12 of 104
latest reply

many.more.shoppe
Community Member
Well Please keep one thing in mind.

40% buyers are now from villages and small towns and it takes really long to deliver in these areas.

So request you not to apply these changes

Thank you
Message 13 of 104
latest reply

7 days to deliver is very less

Currently 60-70% buyers are from interior where there is no direct courier service and the courier goes by third party courier service and takes time.

You can keep shipment days as 5 but delivery time should be 10 days as usual.

Regards
Yogen
Message 14 of 104
latest reply

watchesforindia
Community Member
We are still ok with 5 days to enter details. 7 days to deliver is very very very short and it is not in the sellers hand. Ebay has to understand and stop pampering its buyer. Genuine sellers as it is shipp within 24 to 48 hours of recieving payment.

Mr Shenoy will ebay cover a seller if he has shipped promptly but the issue is with bluedart or tnt the number 1 and 2 courier companies in India. If they cant deliver what can a seller do.

Also i know you guys have been working with tying up with courier companies and create a model. Instead of working on that why this abrupt change all of a sudden to something that is working fine.

For once lets not change something just to please anyone without a sound knowledge. You can see the feedback of seller. Would you be brave enough now to revoke based on what sellers have given feedback.

I dont expect much, but my last hope is on you Mr. Shenoy.

Thanks,
WatchesforIndia
Message 15 of 104
latest reply

To Mr Anil Shenoy
Sir
i have buyer from so interior location where most of the courier don't have service and we need to send via register post or Dtdc which almost take 10-12 days and buyer him self know that so they never open refund claim also
But if now after this change eBay WILL CLAIM that the item WILL be delivered in 7 days Or Refund.This is next to impossible practically for interior location .

Why don't Ebay tie up with courier and just try to ship items of just 20 gold or silver powerseller who sell average 400-500 item every month.TRY this for one month.

You will really come to know the fact which you are unaware from ur office. how many follow up u will have to do with the courier to delivered the item.
There are time good courier like blue dart n Aramex take 8-10 to delivered the shipment that also after giving the complaint and regular follow up.

You at ebay just create a plan without any logic.

If Ebay say that Order from metro n big cities wud be delivered in 7 days that can be done but not all places for sure...before implementing just do ur homework well then create policy.
Normally big cities and Metro shipment are delivered in 1-3 days mostly.

All seller wud agree this for Sure

Regards
Reliable Enterprise
Mustafa
Message 16 of 104
latest reply

hi all sellers

i am sure..inspite of all seller standing against these new changes ebay will not listen and will apply this.

we can just do one thing. ship ur item promptly and just enter the shipping details on 4th or 5th day. this way we will have reasonable time to deliver. its just an advize.

thanks to all
Message 17 of 104
latest reply

I think The Delivery time of 7 days quite quite 100% shocking news.... NO way....

I am 100% Sure, I use Bluedart, TNT, Firstflight, DTDC, Shree maruti Courier, Overnight

Not at all any courier service in India delivered products within 7 days to interior locations , I am 101% sure.

I got 50% orders from Interior Location and not at all any possibility to deliver within 7 days.

So the Buyer will get refund and we will get our thumb..... so Thumbs up...New changes..I dont think so ebay will listen..... But These changes will effect business alot for sure.
regards
handicrafts_store
Message 18 of 104
latest reply

Atleast Please listen our problem and Please exclude Saturdays , Sundays and National holidays.
regards
handicrafts_store
Message 19 of 104
latest reply

Think Positively.
90% of sellers are despatching within 2- 3 days...
Why you need these changes. When you have a good sellers.

We accept 5 days for entering details but
7 days transit time is too too short.
Thnk Practically about Holidays, Sundays , Interior locations, heavy rainfalls, road closed, Strikes....
Who will understand these problems...
I dont think so its a good move as it will create problems for sellers, ebay staff and for courier companies too, because buyer will open the claim on 7th day and ebay staff will communicate with buyers and sellers..so this will be a great tension for us....

regards
handicrafts_store
Message 20 of 104
latest reply